Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT enlarging photo

KenK wrote:
My sister emailed me (Gmail) ancient family photo. I'd like to make it
bigger - my printout clicking on the DLed photo yields a picture about half
an 8 x 11 printer page. Anyone know a simple way to make the print larger?
Hints? Suggestions? I'm unfamiliar with working with (photoshopping)
pictures.

TIA

Some programs you can set printed image any size. You can also do an image
pixel count increase. You can also modify increased pixel image by sharping
and other effects. Been awhile since I did anything. Most of m stuff worked
with Micrographix, ACDsee, Photoshop.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

"gregz" wrote in message

KenK wrote:
My sister emailed me (Gmail) ancient family photo. I'd like to make it
bigger - my printout clicking on the DLed photo yields a picture about
half
an 8 x 11 printer page. Anyone know a simple way to make the print larger?
Hints? Suggestions? I'm unfamiliar with working with (photoshopping)
pictures.

TIA

Some programs you can set printed image any size. You can also do an image
pixel count increase. You can also modify increased pixel image by sharping
and other effects. Been awhile since I did anything. Most of m stuff worked
with Micrographix, ACDsee, Photoshop.

Greg

You can also use Microsoft Publisher, I prefer to use ACDsee.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/28/2016 9:47 AM, KenK wrote:
My sister emailed me (Gmail) ancient family photo. I'd like to make it
bigger - my printout clicking on the DLed photo yields a picture about half
an 8 x 11 printer page. Anyone know a simple way to make the print larger?
Hints? Suggestions? I'm unfamiliar with working with (photoshopping)
pictures.

You appear to be posting from a Windows host. Have you tried *printing*
the photo and selecting a "Full Page Print" in the Photo Printing Wizard?

You can also do this by tweeking some of the printer settings once you
have started that process.

Finally, MS has a PowerToy that is very handy for resizing photos.
It adds a "Resize Pictures" entry to the context menu for all photos
(right click on a photo, select "Resize Pictures") that lets you shrink
and enlarge photos to various predefined sizes.