Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "captive" T-blade adapter

I'm looking for a T-blade adapter that I can "make captive"
(either permanently or on a tether).

This *might* do the job -- but I can't see the "other side"
to be su
http://assets.peavey.com/images/large/118485_25910.jpg

Another option:
http://www.amazon.com/Conntek-30129-15-Amp-20-Amp-Adapter/dp/B00DVE8SCE
albeit not quite as easy to "captivate"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 10:28:37 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

I'm looking for a T-blade adapter that I can "make captive"
(either permanently or on a tether).

This *might* do the job -- but I can't see the "other side"
to be su
http://assets.peavey.com/images/large/118485_25910.jpg

Another option:
http://www.amazon.com/Conntek-30129-15-Amp-20-Amp-Adapter/dp/B00DVE8SCE
albeit not quite as easy to "captivate"

Why? NEMA is trying to prevent you from, plugging 20a equipment into
15a circuits and you are defeating theat protection. If it is really a
20a circuit, why not just install a 20a receptacle?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 13:32:51 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

On 1/25/2016 1:27 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 11:49:35 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

wrote:

I'm looking for a T-blade adapter that I can "make captive"
(either permanently or on a tether).

This *might* do the job -- but I can't see the "other side"
to be su
http://assets.peavey.com/images/large/118485_25910.jpg

Another option:
http://www.amazon.com/Conntek-30129-15-Amp-20-Amp-Adapter/dp/B00DVE8SCE
albeit not quite as easy to "captivate"

Why? NEMA is trying to prevent you from, plugging 20a equipment into
15a circuits and you are defeating theat protection. If it is really a
20a circuit, why not just install a 20a receptacle?

Who said it was "20A equipment"?

I have a 100ft spool of 12/3 and another of 10/3. Both are
capable of supporting 20A loads. Both have 20A *plugs*.
Does this mean I can never use the *wire* to support a 15A
device on a 15A outlet? Should I have to remove the 20A
plug and replace it with a 15A plug when using it in such a
situation? Or, replace the 15A *outlet* (which might only
be on a 15A branch circuit) with a 20A outlet for that
duration?

Poor choice of plug in the first place.

So, I should put a 15A plug on a cord that will be sized for 20A loads?
Poor choice of *cord*?

Silly boy.

Do whatever you want to do. You can cut the plug off and shove the
wires in the receptacle if you want.

out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Don Y" wrote in message

Who said it was "20A equipment"?

I have a 100ft spool of 12/3 and another of 10/3. Both are
capable of supporting 20A loads. Both have 20A *plugs*.
Does this mean I can never use the *wire* to support a 15A
device on a 15A outlet? Should I have to remove the 20A
plug and replace it with a 15A plug when using it in such a
situation? Or, replace the 15A *outlet* (which might only
be on a 15A branch circuit) with a 20A outlet for that
duration?

YOur spools of wire are not rated for what you think they are. While the
wire will carry the current, there is enough voltage drop that you should
not be using them at 20 amps.

100 feet of # 12 should be used for up to 12 amps and 100 feet of # 10
should be used up to 15 amps from a wire chart I looked at.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, January 25, 2016 at 11:28:35 AM UTC-6, Don Y wrote:
I'm looking for a T-blade adapter that I can "make captive"
(either permanently or on a tether).

This *might* do the job -- but I can't see the "other side"
to be su
http://assets.peavey.com/images/large/118485_25910.jpg

Another option:
http://www.amazon.com/Conntek-30129-15-Amp-20-Amp-Adapter/dp/B00DVE8SCE
albeit not quite as easy to "captivate"

For a guy that has an answer for everything...you ask some dumb questions! (à²*€¿Ê˜)