Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can plastic pipe go DIRECTLY to a water heater?

I was told there should be at least one foot of copper or steel pipe
between the heater and PEX or CPVC pipes. Looking on the web, all I see
are opinions, no facts. Does the code have anything to say about it?
What about the manufacturers of these plastic pipes?

I do see where the heat from the heater could cause failure of these
pipes, so I'd rather just use the metal pipes, but I'm looking to find
out what is supposed to be done.

I'm looking for FACTS and REQUIREMENTS, not opinions!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/22/2016 8:12 AM, trader_4 wrote:

The install manual for the new proposed WH would be a good
reference to start with. Sometimes practical issues make
it a moot point too. Like if you're going to use those
flex hoses to connect it.

IIRC some thing about dielectric nipples,
to reduce galvanic effect. Not an issue
with platic, of course.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, January 22, 2016 at 7:25:02 AM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/22/2016 8:12 AM, trader_4 wrote:

The install manual for the new proposed WH would be a good
reference to start with. Sometimes practical issues make
it a moot point too. Like if you're going to use those
flex hoses to connect it.

IIRC some thing about dielectric nipples,
to reduce galvanic effect. Not an issue
with platic, of course.
--
.

My inflatable love doll had nipples like that. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Prevert Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/23/2016 6:37 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Friday, January 22, 2016 at 7:25:02 AM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/22/2016 8:12 AM, trader_4 wrote:

The install manual for the new proposed WH would be a good
reference to start with. Sometimes practical issues make
it a moot point too. Like if you're going to use those
flex hoses to connect it.

IIRC some thing about dielectric nipples,
to reduce galvanic effect. Not an issue
with platic, of course.
--
.

My inflatable love doll had nipples like that. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Prevert Monster

I wonder if Europeans have 230 volt love dolls?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, January 23, 2016 at 9:04:53 AM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/23/2016 6:37 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Friday, January 22, 2016 at 7:25:02 AM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/22/2016 8:12 AM, trader_4 wrote:

The install manual for the new proposed WH would be a good
reference to start with. Sometimes practical issues make
it a moot point too. Like if you're going to use those
flex hoses to connect it.

IIRC some thing about dielectric nipples,
to reduce galvanic effect. Not an issue
with platic, of course.
--
.

My inflatable love doll had nipples like that. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Prevert Monster

I wonder if Europeans have 230 volt love dolls?
--
.

Their love dolls vibrate more slowly because they use 50hz ac power. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Vibrating Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

What will happen if DC power is used?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 08:35:32 -0700, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Their love dolls vibrate more slowly because they use 50hz ac power. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Vibrating Monster

What will happen if DC power is used?

It is called marriage and they stop moving at all.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, January 24, 2016 at 9:35:39 AM UTC-6, Tony Hwang wrote:
Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

She gets paralyzed and can no longer move. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Plastic Monster