Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Single duplex, "up and down" floor nozzle source?

All I can find are "side-by-side" nozzles (single and dual)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 27 Dec 2015 17:31:23 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

All I can find are "side-by-side" nozzles (single and dual)

HUH????????
What the heck is a floor nozzle?

You lost me and probably most others who use this newsgroup.
PLEASE EXPLAIN!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

All I can find are "side-by-side" nozzles (single and dual)

HUH????????
What the heck is a floor nozzle?

You lost me and probably most others who use this newsgroup.
PLEASE EXPLAIN!

A floor nozzle is a receptacle box that mounts on the floor.

http://www.growtron.com/Hubbell-Brya...91_diagram.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

All I can find are "side-by-side" nozzles (single and dual)

HUH????????
What the heck is a floor nozzle?

You lost me and probably most others who use this newsgroup.
PLEASE EXPLAIN!

A floor nozzle is a receptacle box that mounts on the floor.

http://www.growtron.com/Hubbell-Brya...91_diagram.jpg

I've seen floor receptacles, but never one in a box that sticks up like
that. Why would you want to create additional hazards to bump into?

Any why NOZZLE? Is is supposed to spray or suck something?

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Whenever a priest comes all they talk about is sex. Whenever a
prositute comes all they talk about is God."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/28/2015 3:47 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

I've seen floor receptacles, but never one in a box that sticks up like that.
Why would you want to create additional hazards to bump into?

You obviously wouldn't locate it someplace where folks would trip
over it, etc. Note that *any* floor connection results in a tripping
hazzard with the resulting cord.

You also can use them in other places than "on the floor"
and for other *purposes* than "power connections"! :

Any why NOZZLE? Is is supposed to spray or suck something?

Why (hose) bibb? sillcock? lintel? etc.

Is a condom the opposite of a prodom?? What is a condom *against*
that a prodom is *for*?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 28 Dec 2015 16:47:10 -0600, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

http://www.growtron.com/Hubbell-Brya...91_diagram.jpg

I've seen floor receptacles, but never one in a box that sticks up like
that. Why would you want to create additional hazards to bump into?

These are generally used under some fixed in place piece of furniture
like the desk in a lobby.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/27/15 7:31 PM, Don Y wrote:
All I can find are "side-by-side" nozzles (single and dual)

Is the first item on this page what you are looking for ?

http://www.hubbellcatalog.com/wiring...s/page-l18.pdf
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/28/2015 7:09 PM, Retired wrote:
On 12/27/15 7:31 PM, Don Y wrote:
All I can find are "side-by-side" nozzles (single and dual)

Is the first item on this page what you are looking for ?

http://www.hubbellcatalog.com/wiring...s/page-l18.pdf

It would work... but, I received some information late last
night and was able to chase them down this morning.

Thanks!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

http://www.growtron.com/Hubbell-Brya...91_diagram.jpg

I've seen floor receptacles, but never one in a box that sticks up like
that. Why would you want to create additional hazards to bump into?

These are generally used under some fixed in place piece of furniture
like the desk in a lobby.

Not sure where we got them, but we have verticals in the office for
both power and netwirk connections. Actually I know where we got them
(Torbram) but can't recall the manufacturer. I believe they are
called "pedestals" and Thomas and Betts rings a bell.

Posted to alt.home.repair

posted for all of us...

wrote:

http://www.growtron.com/Hubbell-Brya...91_diagram.jpg

I've seen floor receptacles, but never one in a box that sticks up like
that. Why would you want to create additional hazards to bump into?

These are generally used under some fixed in place piece of furniture
like the desk in a lobby.

Yes, they were in some of the older schools I worked in. Never in the
"right" location, the furniture was always placed over them. A dead computer
was usually a result of the plug being kicked out. Always had power strips.
The wiring was buried in a trough in the concrete floor.

Never heard them referred to nozzles. Always as PIA.

--
Tekkie