DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   IN THE KITCHEN FOR A CHANGE OF SUBJECT (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/387699-kitchen-change-subject.html)

Eagle[_3_] December 4th 15 06:41 PM

IN THE KITCHEN FOR A CHANGE OF SUBJECT

Does anyone here have a recipe for chicken pot pie?
I remember having chicken pot pie at Marie Callender's not long ago,
and remember it to be lip smacking GOOD! The pot pies you buy from the
grocery store are alright, but don't have that light brown and very
flaky crust like the freshly made pies from Marie Callender's .
I'll be doing the cooking, so a report will be forth coming. :D

Unquestionably Confused December 4th 15 06:48 PM

On 12/4/2015 12:41 PM, Eagle wrote:
Does anyone here have a recipe for chicken pot pie?
I remember having chicken pot pie at Marie Callender's not long ago, and
remember it to be lip smacking GOOD! The pot pies you buy from the
grocery store are alright, but don't have that light brown and very
flaky crust like the freshly made pies from Marie Callender's .
I'll be doing the cooking, so a report will be forth coming. :D

Son,

You need to get with the programg

Try http://www.recipe4living.com/recipes
copycat_marie_callender_s_chicken_pot_pie.htm

There are many "copy" sites for recipes based on what you eat at
Callender's, Macaroni Grill, Carabba's, etc. all you have to do is
Google on what you're looking for and the world (and all its calories
can be yours!)

FrozenNorth[_8_] December 4th 15 06:51 PM

On 2015-12-04 1:41 PM, Eagle wrote:
Does anyone here have a recipe for chicken pot pie?
I remember having chicken pot pie at Marie Callender's not long ago, and
remember it to be lip smacking GOOD! The pot pies you buy from the
grocery store are alright, but don't have that light brown and very
flaky crust like the freshly made pies from Marie Callender's .
I'll be doing the cooking, so a report will be forth coming. :D

I actually made this last night, but the sauce was too runny, I ended up
adding flour and cornstarch to try and thicken it up before adding to
the pie shell. It was very tasty.

http://www.chicken.ca/recipes/chicken-pot-pie

--
Froz...

Quando omni flunkus, moritati

Eagle[_3_] December 4th 15 07:45 PM

IN THE KITCHEN FOR A CHANGE OF SUBJECT

Unquestionably Confused explained :
On 12/4/2015 12:41 PM, Eagle wrote:
Does anyone here have a recipe for chicken pot pie?
I remember having chicken pot pie at Marie Callender's not long ago, and
remember it to be lip smacking GOOD! The pot pies you buy from the
grocery store are alright, but don't have that light brown and very
flaky crust like the freshly made pies from Marie Callender's .
I'll be doing the cooking, so a report will be forth coming. :D

Son,

You need to get with the programg

Try http://www.recipe4living.com/recipes
copycat_marie_callender_s_chicken_pot_pie.htm

There are many "copy" sites for recipes based on what you eat at Callender's,
Macaroni Grill, Carabba's, etc. all you have to do is Google on what you're
looking for and the world (and all its calories can be yours!)

Dear Granson,
I know all this, I was looking for PERSONAL recipies for chicken pot
pies.
Do you cook sonny? :D

Muggles[_4_] December 4th 15 07:50 PM

IN THE KITCHEN FOR A CHANGE OF SUBJECT

On 12/4/2015 12:41 PM, Eagle wrote:
Does anyone here have a recipe for chicken pot pie?
I remember having chicken pot pie at Marie Callender's not long ago, and
remember it to be lip smacking GOOD! The pot pies you buy from the
grocery store are alright, but don't have that light brown and very
flaky crust like the freshly made pies from Marie Callender's .
I'll be doing the cooking, so a report will be forth coming. :D

Marie Calendar's has a frozen pot pie you can get in the freezer case at
Walmart and it's pretty good. I buy the one that's Parmesan Chicken pot
pie quite often. LOVE IT! Big pcs of chicken, creamy sauce, and has
broccoli in it. There's other versions of it too that you might like
better. You take the lid off it and microwave it for 10 minutes and the
crust is nice and crispy. I add a little shaved Parmesan to the top of
my crust.

--
Maggie

Eagle[_3_] December 4th 15 08:01 PM

IN THE KITCHEN FOR A CHANGE OF SUBJECT

FrozenNorth brought next idea :
On 2015-12-04 1:41 PM, Eagle wrote:
Does anyone here have a recipe for chicken pot pie?
I remember having chicken pot pie at Marie Callender's not long ago, and
remember it to be lip smacking GOOD! The pot pies you buy from the
grocery store are alright, but don't have that light brown and very
flaky crust like the freshly made pies from Marie Callender's .
I'll be doing the cooking, so a report will be forth coming. :D

I actually made this last night, but the sauce was too runny, I ended up
adding flour and cornstarch to try and thicken it up before adding to the pie
shell. It was very tasty.

http://www.chicken.ca/recipes/chicken-pot-pie

Looks good. To Me, the crust is what makes the pie. My Ina made the
flakiest and tastiest pie crust ever, but She used lots of Shortening,
or even lard. I don't want to use that white stuff, so a good
replacement is needed.

Eagle[_3_] December 4th 15 08:06 PM

IN THE KITCHEN FOR A CHANGE OF SUBJECT

Muggles brought next idea :
[...]

We eat those pot pies all the time here. The ones you mention are the
best of the lot, and are much better than the small pot pies from Marie
Calenders.
I want to make pot pies from scratch, so if you have a recepie for the
crust, that would be great!
We're going to Winco in a few, so I'm gathering all the info I can
right now.
Hows the van? Find that leak yet?

Tony Hwang December 4th 15 08:22 PM

Eagle wrote:
[...]

I know all this, I was loking for PERSONAL recipies for chicken pot pies.
Do you cook sonny? :D

You have to use organic fresh chicken(frozen one will do if you can't
get fresh one) to maximize yummy factor....

Muggles[_4_] December 4th 15 08:23 PM

IN THE KITCHEN FOR A CHANGE OF SUBJECT

On 12/4/2015 2:06 PM, Eagle wrote:
Muggles brought next idea :
[...]

bottom crust:
1c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 c. + 1 Tbsp shortening
2-3 tsp cold water

Measure flour and salt into a bowl.
Cut in shortening thoroughly 'til it looks like corn meal.
Sprinkle in water and mix 'til it all forms into a ball.
Roll dough out for bottom crust.

The crust is flakier the smaller the shortening is cut in.
The crust will get tougher if the more times you try to roll it out, so
make sure you roll it to size just once vs. trying to start over a
second time.

Double the recipe if you want a top crust. You can substitute unsalted
butter for shortening. Make sure you cut it in 'til you get a small corn
meal look.

We're going to Winco in a few, so I'm gathering all the info I can right
now.
Hows the van? Find that leak yet?

Haven't had time to mess with the van looking for a leak, yet. It's on
the "to do" list, though.
--
Maggie

Tony Hwang December 4th 15 08:24 PM

IN THE KITCHEN FOR A CHANGE OF SUBJECT

Eagle wrote:
Muggles brought next idea :
[...]

We stock them in our freezer. Made by private caterer. Very good tasting.

Don Y[_3_] December 4th 15 08:24 PM

IN THE KITCHEN FOR A CHANGE OF SUBJECT

On 12/4/2015 12:41 PM, Eagle wrote:
Does anyone here have a recipe for chicken pot pie?
I remember having chicken pot pie at Marie Callender's not long ago, and
remember it to be lip smacking GOOD! The pot pies you buy from the
grocery store are alright, but don't have that light brown and very
flaky crust like the freshly made pies from Marie Callender's .
I'll be doing the cooking, so a report will be forth coming. :D

Son,

You need to get with the programg

Try http://www.recipe4living.com/recipes
copycat_marie_callender_s_chicken_pot_pie.htm

There are many "copy" sites for recipes based on what you eat at Callender's,
Macaroni Grill, Carabba's, etc. all you have to do is Google on what you're
looking for and the world (and all its calories can be yours!)

+1

SWMBO has an annoying tendency of "falling in like" with TJ products.
Of course, TJ doesn't do anything besides rebrand other folks'
products. And, TJ seems to drop products with inordinately high
frequency! Moral of story: don't "fall in like" with anything TJ
sells as you WILL be disapoointed -- the only variable there is
the "when"!

Most recent "dropped item" was a veggie chili. One of her
"regular" meals (ick! no meat??).

A few minutes with search engine turned up an article that addressed
these sorts of things -- and the INCREDIBLY likely original ("name
brand") source for the chili! I.e., even the photograph on the front
of the can was an EXACT copy of the TJ product (or, more accurately,
the TJ product was a copy of the original product!)

Had I made such a search, earlier, for other "dropped" products,
I probably could have kept her supplied with each of those, as
well!

[Of course, here you're talking about Rx's and not product clones]

burfordTjustice December 4th 15 08:43 PM

IN THE KITCHEN FOR A CHANGE OF SUBJECT

On 2015-12-04 1:41 PM, Eagle wrote:
Does anyone here have a recipe for chicken pot pie?
I remember having chicken pot pie at Marie Callender's not long
ago, and remember it to be lip smacking GOOD! The pot pies you buy
from the grocery store are alright, but don't have that light
brown and very flaky crust like the freshly made pies from Marie
Callender's . I'll be doing the cooking, so a report will be forth
coming. :D

I actually made this last night, but the sauce was too runny, I
ended up adding flour and cornstarch to try and thicken it up
before adding to the pie shell. It was very tasty.

http://www.chicken.ca/recipes/chicken-pot-pie

Looks good. To Me, the crust is what makes the pie. My Ina made the
flakiest and tastiest pie crust ever, but She used lots of
Shortening, or even lard. I don't want to use that white stuff, so a
good replacement is needed.

Well if you do not want to use the proper items then you
need to grab your walker move away and STFU!

notbob December 4th 15 09:11 PM

On 2015-12-04, Eagle no@not wrote:

I don't want to use that white stuff, so a good replacement is
needed.

I use this:

http://www.spectrumorganics.com/spectrum-naturals/organic-shortening/

I can vouch for it. I make Alton Brown's pie crust using this
product and it was a revelation (ABs crust and the shortening):

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/pie-crust-recipe.html

Like Crisco, Spectrum's shortening does not need to be chilled.

nb

Eagle[_3_] December 4th 15 11:30 PM

IN THE KITCHEN FOR A CHANGE OF SUBJECT

Muggles laid this down on his screen :
[...]

Thanks Mz M....I saved this recipie. :D

Uncle Monster[_2_] December 5th 15 07:10 AM

IN THE KITCHEN FOR A CHANGE OF SUBJECT

On Friday, December 4, 2015 at 2:06:08 PM UTC-6, Eagle wrote:
Muggles brought next idea :
[...]

I used to get some from the grocery store that were twice the size of the traditional itsy-bisty ones. Instead of having to eat two or three of the small ones, the larger one was filling enough because it was in a deeper pan. I haven't seen the same brand and size in a while. I miss them. sniff (̩̩́_̩̩̀)

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

Eagle[_3_] December 5th 15 04:33 PM

IN THE KITCHEN FOR A CHANGE OF SUBJECT

notbob presented the following explanation :
On 2015-12-04, Eagle no@not wrote:

I don't want to use that white stuff, so a good replacement is
needed.

I use this:

http://www.spectrumorganics.com/spectrum-naturals/organic-shortening/

I can vouch for it. I make Alton Brown's pie crust using this
product and it was a revelation (ABs crust and the shortening):

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/pie-crust-recipe.html

Like Crisco, Spectrum's shortening does not need to be chilled.

nb

Interesting. I'll check this out.

Thanks notbob. :D

Eagle[_3_] December 5th 15 04:39 PM

IN THE KITCHEN FOR A CHANGE OF SUBJECT

Uncle Monster was thinking very hard :
[...]

(̩̩́_̩̩̀)

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

Were they bigger than the large Marie Callanders pies? I don't buy the
six pack pies from Marie Calanders, only the bigger ones with cheese.
They are tasty! In fact, that was dinner last night here. :D
We went grocery shopping yesterday and picked up everything needed to
make pot pies except the chicken breast meat. I think We will go to
Costco and get our regular staples and a big cooked chicken. The
chopped up chicken will make several pot pies and a few good chicken
sandwitches with cranberry sauce and mayo on Italian white
bread....YUM!

Uncle Monster[_2_] December 6th 15 08:57 AM

On Saturday, December 5, 2015 at 10:40:00 AM UTC-6, Eagle wrote:
[...]

The cooks here make chicken pie in big rectangular pans and use a big spoon to scoop it out and put it on the plate. The crust is really good even though it's mixed in with the filling. \('')/

[8~{} Uncle Chicken Monster

Eagle[_3_] December 6th 15 04:05 PM

IN THE KITCHEN FOR A CHANGE OF SUBJECT

Uncle Monster laid this down on his screen :
[...]

Ah yes....I've had chicken casarole in grammer school and in prison.
:')

Jail bird Big Bird

Eagle[_3_] December 6th 15 06:02 PM

IN THE KITCHEN FOR A CHANGE OF SUBJECT

Eagle was thinking very hard :
[...]

BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Fishing is such fun Uncle M... :D

Uncle Monster[_2_] December 7th 15 07:37 AM

On Sunday, December 6, 2015 at 10:05:29 AM UTC-6, Eagle wrote:
[...]

What's the difference between grammar school and prison. For me, grammar school was much worse than I imagine prison could be. t(ツ)_/¯

[8~{} Uncle Prison Monster

Eagle[_3_] December 7th 15 01:00 PM

IN THE KITCHEN FOR A CHANGE OF SUBJECT

Uncle Monster brought next idea :
[...]

I was phishing Uncle M...I have a couple of goons who can't get enough
of Me, so they stalk Me wherever I go. :')
You're right though, grammer school is prolly much like a prison. It's
one race against another. :/

Uncle Monster[_2_] December 7th 15 09:14 PM

On Monday, December 7, 2015 at 7:00:44 AM UTC-6, Eagle wrote:
[...]

I was thinking more about how I was tortured by nuns at the Catholic Parochial Gulag. Prison would probably have been easier. .

[8~{} Uncle Inmate Monster

Eagle[_3_] December 7th 15 11:52 PM

IN THE KITCHEN FOR A CHANGE OF SUBJECT

Uncle Monster formulated on Monday :
[...]

The nuns gotya eh? Were they as tough as they look on TV?

Uncle Monster[_2_] December 8th 15 08:24 AM

On Monday, December 7, 2015 at 5:53:06 PM UTC-6, Eagle wrote:
[...]

My first grade teacher was Sister Godzilla, an American nun. When I was in the second grade, the dioceses imported Irish nuns to takeover the school. Irish nuns believe in capital punishment for small children for crimes such as talking in the bathroom. There was Sister Torture, Sister Defenestration, Sister Exsanguination, Sister Iron Maiden, Sister Rack, Sister Flogging, Mother Mothra and a new priest, Father Bigfoot. I have absolutely no fear of terrorists because, as a small boy, I had Irish nuns for teachers. Nothing scares me since all fear was burned out of me when I was a little kid except for an irrational fear of albino penguins. Those nuns made me what I am today, a real monster. .

[8~{} Uncle Fearless Monster

Eagle[_3_] December 8th 15 08:53 PM

IN THE KITCHEN FOR A CHANGE OF SUBJECT

Uncle Monster expressed precisely :
[...]

:D Uncle Monster, did you ever consider writing horror scripts or
books? If I wasn't grinning from ear lobe to ear lobe, I'd be
screaming!

Eagle[_3_] December 8th 15 08:57 PM

IN THE KITCHEN FOR A CHANGE OF SUBJECT

Uncle Monster used his keyboard to write :
[...]

"Sister Godzilla, Sister Torture, Sister Defenestration,
Sister Exsanguination, Sister Iron Maiden, Sister Rack, Sister
Flogging, Mother Mothra and a new priest, Father Bigfoot, irrational
fear of albino penguins."

Thanks....now I'll be waking up with nightmares! [after I got through
LMFAO!]

Uncle Monster[_2_] December 8th 15 10:44 PM

On Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 2:53:09 PM UTC-6, Eagle wrote:
[...]

You did read the way I think captured Muslim terrorists should be dealt with didn't you? What would be cool is to get some horror movie special effects people to make a bunch of YouTube videos of the way I think ISIS terrorists should be ground up alive and fed to virgin pigs? \(~o~)/

[8~{} Uncle Bloodthirsty Monster

Eagle[_3_] December 8th 15 11:52 PM

Uncle Monster wrote on 12/8/2015 :
[...]

I wonder who would be willing to do videos of your scripts? They'd have
to be rated 'R' at least. You could make millions Uncle bloody Monster!

Uncle Monster[_2_] December 9th 15 02:28 AM

On Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 5:52:56 PM UTC-6, Eagle wrote:
[...]

You know, Stephen King who writes some of the most horrible stories is actually a very nice guy. You must wonder how he delves into the depths of Hell and depravity to come up with his horror stories. I guess I have an imagination similar to his. I am a monster ya know. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Wicked Monster

Eagle[_3_] December 9th 15 02:20 PM

[...]

\('')/

[...]

Put together a short horror story and post it Uncle M. I need something
to inspire My mid night wanderings with My attack Pomerainians.... :D

Stormin Mormon[_10_] December 9th 15 03:02 PM

wrote:
Uncle Monster was thinking very hard :
On Friday, December 4, 2015 at 2:06:08 PM UTC-6, Eagle wrote:
Muggles brought next idea :
On 12/4/2015 12:41 PM, Eagle wrote:
Does anyone here have a recipe for chicken pot pie?
I remember having chicken pot pie at Marie Callender's
not long ago, and remember it to be lip smacking
GOOD! The pot pies you buy from the grocery store are

Guess no one trims text?

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Stormin Mormon[_10_] December 9th 15 03:04 PM

IN THE KITCHEN FOR A CHANGE OF SUBJECT

On 12/9/2015 9:20 AM, Eagle wrote:
Uncle Monster brought next idea :
You know, Stephen King who writes some of the most horrible stories is
actually a very nice guy. You must wonder how he delves into the
depths of Hell and depravity to come up with his horror stories. I
guess I have an imagination similar to his. I am a monster ya know. ヽ
(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Wicked Monster

Put together a short horror story and post it Uncle M. I need something
to inspire My mid night wanderings with My attack Pomerainians.... :D

It was a sunny but cold morning. A fat, tired
man is reading Usenet on his PC. He screams in
terror, and runs from the room. Untrimmed text!
The horror!

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Muggles[_4_] December 9th 15 04:26 PM

On 12/9/2015 8:20 AM, Eagle wrote:

Put together a short horror story and post it Uncle M. I need something
to inspire My mid night wanderings with My attack Pomerainians.... :D

How many Poms do you have? A dozen or so and you could compare them to
piranha with all those teeth, maybe.

--
Maggie

Muggles[_4_] December 9th 15 04:27 PM

IN THE KITCHEN FOR A CHANGE OF SUBJECT

On 12/9/2015 9:02 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Guess no one trims

whooops! Guess I trimmed too much t...

--
Maggie

Eagle[_3_] December 9th 15 04:33 PM

IN THE KITCHEN FOR A CHANGE OF SUBJECT

Stormin Mormon explained on 12/9/2015 :

The horror!

Horror what? ^^

Eagle[_3_] December 9th 15 04:48 PM

IN THE KITCHEN FOR A CHANGE OF SUBJECT

Muggles explained on 12/9/2015 :
On 12/9/2015 8:20 AM, Eagle wrote:

Put together a short horror story and post it Uncle M. I need something
to inspire My mid night wanderings with My attack Pomerainians.... :D

How many Poms do you have? A dozen or so and you could compare them to
piranha with all those teeth, maybe.

Three....the youngest is 'Loki', the 3 year old is 'Tucker', and the 14
year old is 'Cowboy'.
Loki is the biggest and the toughest, Tucker is half Loki's size, and
Cowboy is the smallest at 4 pounds. He's a tough little feller though,
He rules the other two and they let him have the best treats.

LVetter December 9th 15 05:34 PM

Stormin Mormon wrote:

It was a sunny but cold morning. A fat, tired
man is reading Usenet on his PC. He screams in
terror, and runs from the room. Untrimmed text!
The horror!

As he entered the adjoining room he was met by a grammar error...it stopped
him in his tracts.

Loren