Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Will other gas filter substitued for gravity-feed filte?

PepBoys has in stock this gas filter, for $5.
https://www.pepboys.com/product/details/1070512/00074
I can have it tomorrow.

I can't tell how big it is -- no specs are listed -- but there is room
for a bigger filter than I have now, in my 50cc motorscooter. If the
tube is too big for my hoses, I'll see that when I get there.

But I'm worried that maybe this requires a fuel pump to force the
gasoline through the filter, and mere gravity won't do it.

Any chance of that? Do filters specifically for gravity feed exist?
Is this one:
http://www.amazon.com/FILTER-Chinese.../dp/B007IKPPI2

Pepboys also has other similar filters at the same pr eice.
https://www.pepboys.com/product/details/1102886/00074 and
https://www.pepboys.com/product/details/1070493/00074
They all end in 00074, but the previous node is different.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, November 27, 2015 at 2:22:42 AM UTC-5, Micky wrote:
PepBoys has in stock this gas filter, for $5.
https://www.pepboys.com/product/details/1070512/00074
I can have it tomorrow.

I can't tell how big it is -- no specs are listed -- but there is room
for a bigger filter than I have now, in my 50cc motorscooter. If the
tube is too big for my hoses, I'll see that when I get there.

But I'm worried that maybe this requires a fuel pump to force the
gasoline through the filter, and mere gravity won't do it.

Any chance of that? Do filters specifically for gravity feed exist?
Is this one:
http://www.amazon.com/FILTER-Chinese.../dp/B007IKPPI2

Pepboys also has other similar filters at the same pr eice.
https://www.pepboys.com/product/details/1102886/00074 and
https://www.pepboys.com/product/details/1070493/00074
They all end in 00074, but the previous node is different.

I would think it would be fine from that standpoint. Gas is
thin, it's just a paper filter and I'd think gas would go right
through it. If it was diesel and winter, might be a different
story.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 02:22:35 -0500, Micky
wrote:

PepBoys has in stock this gas filter, for $5.
https://www.pepboys.com/product/details/1070512/00074
I can have it tomorrow.

I can't tell how big it is -- no specs are listed -- but there is room
for a bigger filter than I have now, in my 50cc motorscooter. If the
tube is too big for my hoses, I'll see that when I get there.

But I'm worried that maybe this requires a fuel pump to force the
gasoline through the filter, and mere gravity won't do it.

Any chance of that? Do filters specifically for gravity feed exist?
Is this one:
http://www.amazon.com/FILTER-Chinese.../dp/B007IKPPI2

Pepboys also has other similar filters at the same pr eice.
https://www.pepboys.com/product/details/1102886/00074 and
https://www.pepboys.com/product/details/1070493/00074
They all end in 00074, but the previous node is different.

Virtually any filter for a carbureted engine will gravity flow if it
is not plugged.