Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, SciFi When I Was A Kid

When I was a kid, all the rocket ships in the science fiction movies landed tail first then NASA came along and proved that was nonsense. Well, I remember when a lot of things we have today were once considered science fiction. Oh yea, about the rocket ships, I'm a kid again.... \(—¦'Œ£'—¦)/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pillaOxGCo

[8~{} Uncle Space Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/25/2015 3:11 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
When I was a kid, all the rocket ships in the science fiction movies landed tail first then NASA came along and proved that was nonsense. Well, I remember when a lot of things we have today were once considered science fiction. Oh yea, about the rocket ships, I'm a kid again.... \(—¦'Œ£'—¦)/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pillaOxGCo

[8~{} Uncle Space Monster

Yep, that is how space ships are supposed to land. and they
are finally doing it right.

Bill
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 3:11:26 AM UTC-6, Uncle Monster wrote:
When I was a kid, all the rocket ships in the science fiction movies landed tail first then NASA came along and proved that was nonsense.

Great accomplishment! But NASA was debunking coming in horizontally, rising vertically, hovering and powering down. My favorites were "The Day the Earth Stood Still" and "Forbidden Planet".
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/25/2015 02:11 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
When I was a kid, all the rocket ships in the science fiction movies landed tail first then NASA came along and proved that was nonsense. Well, I remember when a lot of things we have today were once considered science fiction. Oh yea, about the rocket ships, I'm a kid again.... \(—¦'Œ£'—¦)/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pillaOxGCo

[8~{} Uncle Space Monster

The Bezos gang @Amazon is doing some amazing stuff.

While most mega-corps are focused on silly "Team Building" and
other frivolous "Quality Program of the Month" activities,
Team Amazon is busy doing the impossible.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/25/2015 08:21 AM, Mike wrote:
The Bezos gang @Amazon is doing some amazing stuff.

While most mega-corps are focused on silly "Team Building" and
other frivolous "Quality Program of the Month" activities,
Team Amazon is busy doing the impossible.

Glad to see him eat Musk's lunch. Musk is a grandmaster at gaming
government giveaways while Bezos made his the old fashioned way.