Posted to alt.home.repair

Default WWYD?

I receive products on a regular basis to review. I do not have to
return these products.

Last Friday I received a 2000 watt portable generator. I have not even
opened the box. Today I come home, and there is yet another, same kind
and brand of generator sitting on my doorstep. Surely someone in
shipping messed up. I now have 2, but once I review a product, I'm not
permitted to review the exact same product.

WWYD?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/23/2015 7:32 PM, Earl wrote:
I receive products on a regular basis to review. I do not have to
return these products.

Last Friday I received a 2000 watt portable generator. I have not even
opened the box. Today I come home, and there is yet another, same kind
and brand of generator sitting on my doorstep. Surely someone in
shipping messed up. I now have 2, but once I review a product, I'm not
permitted to review the exact same product.

WWYD?

Can your wife or brother-in-law write worth a damn? g

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/23/2015 7:32 PM, Earl wrote:
I receive products on a regular basis to review. I do not have to
return these products.

Last Friday I received a 2000 watt portable generator. I have not even
opened the box. Today I come home, and there is yet another, same kind
and brand of generator sitting on my doorstep. Surely someone in
shipping messed up. I now have 2, but once I review a product, I'm not
permitted to review the exact same product.

WWYD?

Can your wife or brother-in-law write worth a damn? g

I'm not required to send it back. I just feel guilty because if I do
bring it to their attention, someone may get disciplined over it. Then
in another sense, if I don't say anything, I just don't feel right about it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/23/2015 8:53 PM, Earl wrote:
On 10/23/2015 7:32 PM, Earl wrote:
I receive products on a regular basis to review. I do not have to
return these products.

Last Friday I received a 2000 watt portable generator. I have not even
opened the box. Today I come home, and there is yet another, same kind
and brand of generator sitting on my doorstep. Surely someone in
shipping messed up. I now have 2, but once I review a product, I'm not
permitted to review the exact same product.

WWYD?

Can your wife or brother-in-law write worth a damn? g

I'm not required to send it back. I just feel guilty because if I do
bring it to their attention, someone may get disciplined over it. Then
in another sense, if I don't say anything, I just don't feel right about
it.

What if it is noticed and you were not honest about it? Makes you look
like a schmuck and someone still gets in trouble.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/23/2015 9:10 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 10/23/2015 8:53 PM, Earl wrote:
I'm not required to send it back. I just feel guilty because if I do
bring it to their attention, someone may get disciplined over it. Then
in another sense, if I don't say anything, I just don't feel right about
it.

What if it is noticed and you were not honest about it? Makes you look
like a schmuck and someone still gets in trouble.

Could be Earl Schmuck in trouble instead of
shipper who made a mistake.

I'm in favor of notify them.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/24/2015 8:25 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 10/23/2015 9:10 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 10/23/2015 8:53 PM, Earl wrote:
I'm not required to send it back. I just feel guilty because if I do
bring it to their attention, someone may get disciplined over it. Then
in another sense, if I don't say anything, I just don't feel right about
it.

What if it is noticed and you were not honest about it? Makes you look
like a schmuck and someone still gets in trouble.

Could be Earl Schmuck in trouble instead of
shipper who made a mistake.

I'm in favor of notify them.

Chris,

I see you've never changed. You're still the biggest idiot since the
HVAC days. BTW, are you still a blimp?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Earl wrote:
[...]

Call them and tell them, they will either have it shipped
back(cost) or just tell you to keep it.
No one is going to get in trouble....it's the computers
fault : ) Then, you will have done the right thing and put
the ball in their court.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/23/2015 8:53 PM, Earl wrote:
I'm not required to send it back. I just feel guilty because if I do
bring it to their attention, someone may get disciplined over it. Then
in another sense, if I don't say anything, I just don't feel right about
it.

If someone double sent (were they both from
the same return adress?), that person does
need to be reminded to have more attention
to detail. And not double double send send.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 19:42:16 -0500, Unquestionably Confused
wrote:

On 10/23/2015 7:32 PM, Earl wrote:
I receive products on a regular basis to review. I do not have to
return these products.

Last Friday I received a 2000 watt portable generator. I have not even
opened the box. Today I come home, and there is yet another, same kind
and brand of generator sitting on my doorstep. Surely someone in
shipping messed up. I now have 2, but once I review a product, I'm not
permitted to review the exact same product.

WWYD?

Can your wife or brother-in-law write worth a damn? g

There are at least a couple guys here that write well
and are growing up to be finicky old farts.

Report the extra to whoever you're working for.
Would keeping the second one be considered theft? Could
the possible oversight be a test of your honesty?
You gotta face the man in the mirror.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 10/23/2015 7:32 PM, Earl wrote:
I receive products on a regular basis to review. I do not have to
return these products.

Last Friday I received a 2000 watt portable generator. I have not even
opened the box. Today I come home, and there is yet another, same kind
and brand of generator sitting on my doorstep. Surely someone in
shipping messed up. I now have 2, but once I review a product, I'm not
permitted to review the exact same product.

Can your wife or brother-in-law write worth a damn? g

There are at least a couple guys here that write well
and are growing up to be finicky old farts.

Report the extra to whoever you're working for.
Would keeping the second one be considered theft? Could

I think if something is delivered to you and ADDRESSED to you,
it isn't considered theft to keep it. If it was addressed to
someone else, well... :

the possible oversight be a test of your honesty?
You gotta face the man in the mirror.

Exactly. An interesting question I pose to people: how much
money would it take for you to NOT report finding a sum of
money? Consider that the person who "lost" it might know where
he *left* it!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

People have asked me why I return found things or too much change given to me like I've had done at a bank drive through? My answer is always,"Because it's not mine." ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Sneaky Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

s n i p s

People have asked me why I return found things
or too much change given to me ..
like I've had done at a bank drive through?
My answer is always,"Because it's not mine." ^_^

Yep.
Basic every day honesty is not a big deal.
.. not difficult at all .
Just Do It ..
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/23/2015 6:28 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

Exactly. An interesting question I pose to people: how much money would
it take for you to NOT report finding a sum of money? Consider that the
person who "lost" it might know where he *left* it!

People have asked me why I return found things or too much change given to
me like I've had done at a bank drive through? My answer is always,"Because
it's not mine." ^_^

But that's the *easy* answer! The tougher question is "what's your price?"
I.e., what amount would cause you to compromise your principles?? Of
course, it's easy to say "nothing!" -- until that amount is actually
sitting in front of you! ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 18:22:08 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

Exactly. An interesting question I pose to people: how much
money would it take for you to NOT report finding a sum of
money? Consider that the person who "lost" it might know where
he *left* it!

A man found a bag that fell out of an armored truck containing north
of $300k about 30 years ago. He turned it in.
It was all over the news.
I never could understand how often armored truck doors popped open,
depositing cash bags on the road.
I guess they fixed the latches, since I've haven't heard about it
happening in the past 20 years or so.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/23/2015 7:21 PM, Vic Smith wrote:

Exactly. An interesting question I pose to people: how much
money would it take for you to NOT report finding a sum of
money? Consider that the person who "lost" it might know where
he *left* it!

A man found a bag that fell out of an armored truck containing north
of $300k about 30 years ago. He turned it in.
It was all over the news.

I think that would be an easy one for me -- too *much* money!
I found $20 bill in a "parking lot" (if you can call it that!)
at Alpine Valley many years ago. Where the hell am I going to
turn *that* in? Which Dead Head is going to remember that he
lost it? And, that he lost it *there*??

I never could understand how often armored truck doors popped open,
depositing cash bags on the road.
I guess they fixed the latches, since I've haven't heard about it
happening in the past 20 years or so.

I found a bag of freshly purchased items (can't remember what
they were) at Woodfield Mall, one day. No one in sight. So,
I brought the bag home, found a charge receipt inside and dug
out the phone book.

Couldn't find the exact name but managed to talk to a man
who was extremely cautious regarding my inquiries (about his
daughter -- though I didn't yet know that). I told him the
story and that I was trying to find the owner to arrange to return
them.

He gave me her number and I called her. She had just walked in the door
and hadn't even realized she'd "lost" some of her purchases! She was
ready to drive back down to the mall to pick them up from me (she lived
pretty far north). That, of course, would be silly.

"If you'll give me your address, I'll mail (ship) them to you..."

A week later, I called her again to verify that they had
arrived. "Yes, but you didn't include your return address
or phone number so I had no way to reinmburse you for the shipping
charges!"

"Correct. That makes it clear what my intention was, doesn't it?"

I may be an atheist but that doesn't mean I don't believe their
is a Right and a Wrong.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/23/2015 10:21 PM, Vic Smith wrote:

A man found a bag that fell out of an armored truck containing north
of $300k about 30 years ago. He turned it in.
It was all over the news.
I never could understand how often armored truck doors popped open,
depositing cash bags on the road.
I guess they fixed the latches, since I've haven't heard about it
happening in the past 20 years or so.

I talked to a guy who said he was armored car
driver. He said one time the intentionally left
a bag full of empty bags on the tailgate, and
drove off. Curious to see how long it would
last on the ground before someone snagged it.
Not very long, at all.

One time they had clear bags to carry the funds,
that was a huge mistake. The canvass ones were
bad enough, but clear bags with stacks of wrapped
bills made people eyes pop out.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Vic Smith wrote:

I never could understand how often armored truck doors popped open,
depositing cash bags on the road.
I guess they fixed the latches, since I've haven't heard about it
happening in the past 20 years or so.

Now they use helicopters.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/h/helicopter-drop.asp

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/23/2015 7:32 PM, Earl wrote:
I receive products on a regular basis to review. I do not have to
return these products.

Last Friday I received a 2000 watt portable generator. I have not even
opened the box. Today I come home, and there is yet another, same kind
and brand of generator sitting on my doorstep. Surely someone in
shipping messed up. I now have 2, but once I review a product, I'm not
permitted to review the exact same product.

WWYD?

Can your wife or brother-in-law write worth a damn? g

Ah kan wrat, sen id two meee.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/23/2015 5:32 PM, Earl wrote:
I receive products on a regular basis to review. I do not have to return these
products.

Last Friday I received a 2000 watt portable generator. I have not even opened
the box. Today I come home, and there is yet another, same kind and brand of
generator sitting on my doorstep. Surely someone in shipping messed up. I now
have 2, but once I review a product, I'm not permitted to review the exact same
product.

Call one of the two suppliers and tell them what's happened.
I suspect they will tell you to keep -- or otherwise dispose
of -- the "extra" unit. The alternative is for *them* to
arrange for it's transport *back*.

Then, you don't have to worry about someone discovering the mistake
at a later date, etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, October 23, 2015 at 7:32:29 PM UTC-5, Earl wrote:
I receive products on a regular basis to review. I do not have to
return these products.

Last Friday I received a 2000 watt portable generator. I have not even
opened the box. Today I come home, and there is yet another, same kind
and brand of generator sitting on my doorstep. Surely someone in
shipping messed up. I now have 2, but once I review a product, I'm not
permitted to review the exact same product.

WWYD?

eBay, Craigslist, donate to Goodwill, target practice videos for YouTube, etc . ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Free Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/23/2015 8:32 PM, Earl wrote:
I receive products on a regular basis to review. I do not have to
return these products.

Last Friday I received a 2000 watt portable generator. I have not even
opened the box. Today I come home, and there is yet another, same kind
and brand of generator sitting on my doorstep. Surely someone in
shipping messed up. I now have 2, but once I review a product, I'm not
permitted to review the exact same product.

WWYD?

Were they sent from the same company? I'd be tempted
to review the one which arrived first, and notify the
second company to send a return shipping label.

Jesus would probably call down legions of angels,
and have them fly the second generator back to the
shipper, no charge.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 20:32:30 -0400, Earl wrote
in

I receive products on a regular basis to review. I do not have to
return these products.

Last Friday I received a 2000 watt portable generator. I have not even
opened the box. Today I come home, and there is yet another, same kind
and brand of generator sitting on my doorstep. Surely someone in
shipping messed up. I now have 2, but once I review a product, I'm not
permitted to review the exact same product.

WWYD?

Legally they are "lost" items, and you know who the rightful owner is.
It's the entity that shipped it to you. If you keep the item or sell
it, you have stolen it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 24 Oct 2015 13:56:30 -0500, CRNG
wrote:

Legally they are "lost" items, and you know who the rightful owner is.
It's the entity that shipped it to you. If you keep the item or sell
it, you have stolen it.

_Fifty pounds of pot shipped to the wrong address_

"Police in a New Jersey town are asking the person who was expecting
50 pounds of marijuana in the mail to come claim the package."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/23/fifty-pounds-pot-shipped-to-wrong-address/