Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Castle Brook Shingles

replying to Joe, BOOMER wrote:
jbobst4 wrote:

used
ed
=A0What is a
What did CR say? Their tests are a good starting place regardless of
the hearsay on this NG. Any shingle will do well given decent soffit
and peak venting. If your palace doesn't meet these standards, opt for
metal roofing and be stoic about the price.
Joe

I TYPED IN ATLAS SHINGLES REVIEWS AND FOUND ABOUT 30 THAT ABOUT 25 OF
THEM VERY BAD REVIEWS,DUE TO BLOW OFF ,NOT SEALING AND CRAKING AFTER 3
YRS,,TRUE YOUR ROOF DOES NEED PROPER VENTING,,,,,I HAVE DONE ROOFING OFF
AND ON FOR YEARS ,,,,,I HAD BOUGHT 15 SQR OF ATLAS SHINGLES AT MENARDS BUT
AFTER READING THE REVIEWS I TOOK THEM BACK AND GOT OWENS CORNING,,,I HAVE
PUT ON SEVERAL OWENS CORNING AND HAVE NEVER HAD BLOW OFF CRACKING AND NOT
SEALING EVEN ON BADLY VENTED ROOFS,,I WOULD HAVE RIDGE VENT INSTALLED ON
MY ROOF AND EVEN GABLE VENTS IF YOUR SOFIT ISNT VENTED ,,GOOD LUCK,,,SPEND
THE EXTRA 3 OR 4 BUCKS A BUNDLE AND GET OWENS CORNING :}