Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Motion detector light will not go off

My motion detector spotlight stays on all night. What can I do to reset it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/30/2015 12:44 PM, Dave G. wrote:
My motion detector spotlight stays on all night. What can I do to reset it?

Try turning off the power for 10 minutes and then turn back on. That's
how mine works.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 30 Aug 2015 17:44:01 +0000, Dave G.
wrote:

My motion detector spotlight stays on all night. What can I do to reset it?

During the daylight, unplug or disconnect it for a few minutes. Replug
and it should be OK.

I really like the motion detectors but at times they can be a PITA. If
you plug ours in when dark, or after a power failure, it will go on
and off all night but reset the next daylight cycle.
Posted to alt.home.repair

| My motion detector spotlight stays on all night. What can I do to reset
it?

The majority provide an option:

Turn it off for a second or two and then
back on to make it stay on.

Turn it off for 30seconds or so and then
back on to reset it to motion activation.

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Mr. Emann , Dave G. wrote:
misterEmann wrote:

Try turning off the power for 10 minutes and then turn back on. That's
how mine works.

Thanks. I will wait till it gets dark and try this idea. Hopefully it will
reset everything. Will let you know.
Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

misterEmann wrote:

Try turning off the power for 10 minutes and then turn back on. That's
how mine works.

Thanks. I will wait till it gets dark and try this idea. Hopefully it will
reset everything. Will let you know.
Thanks

When they go bad, they usually fail "on'

You can try flipping all the switches several times on the bottom and
wiping the pots around several times, then reset it (power off for a
while) . If it still staying on, replace it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

misterEmann wrote:

Try turning off the power for 10 minutes and then turn back on. That's
how mine works.

Afraid it doesn't solve the problem. The light just stays on which is
really annoying to my neighbors across the court. Any other suggestions or
do I need to bring in an electrician to see if the sensor is bad?

Posted to alt.home.repair

misterEmann wrote:

Try turning off the power for 10 minutes and then turn back on. That's
how mine works.

Afraid it doesn't solve the problem. The light just stays on which is
really annoying to my neighbors across the court. Any other suggestions or
do I need to bring in an electrician to see if the sensor is bad?

If you pay an electrician, you might as well have him replace the
motion head
Posted to alt.home.repair

misterEmann wrote:

Try turning off the power for 10 minutes and then turn back on. That's
how mine works.

Afraid it doesn't solve the problem. The light just stays on which is
really annoying to my neighbors across the court. Any other suggestions or
do I need to bring in an electrician to see if the sensor is bad?

An electrician is going to charge at least $75 just to show up. Can you
put in a new fixture yourself? It would be cheaper. Of get a "handy
man" to do it are a lower price.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, August 30, 2015 at 4:38:58 PM UTC-4, Mayayana wrote:
| My motion detector spotlight stays on all night. What can I do to reset
it?

The majority provide an option:

Turn it off for a second or two and then
back on to make it stay on.

Turn it off for 30seconds or so and then
back on to reset it to motion activation.

And if it's shot, good time to consider replacing it with
an LED one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, August 31, 2015 at 6:30:14 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
On Sunday, August 30, 2015 at 4:38:58 PM UTC-4, Mayayana wrote:
| My motion detector spotlight stays on all night. What can I do to reset
it?

The majority provide an option:

Turn it off for a second or two and then
back on to make it stay on.

Turn it off for 30seconds or so and then
back on to reset it to motion activation.

And if it's shot, good time to consider replacing it with
an LED one.

There are battery powered outdoor motion detector LED lights that use D cells for power and the D cells will power the light for a very long time. Some are controlled wirelessly and some can be networked so all of them come on when one light detects motion. Some of them even have a solar charger. The prices are not very high and the ease of installation makes them good choice for putting up all around a home. ^_^

http://tinyurl.com/ohfyfkl

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X6BCRY2

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XXUGBCK?psc=1

[8~{} Uncle Motion Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

misterEmann wrote:

Try turning off the power for 10 minutes and then turn back on. That's
how mine works.

Afraid it doesn't solve the problem. The light just stays on which is
really annoying to my neighbors across the court. Any other suggestions or
do I need to bring in an electrician to see if the sensor is bad?

An electrician is going to charge at least $75 just to show up. Can you
put in a new fixture yourself? It would be cheaper. Of get a "handy
man" to do it are a lower price.

Or put in a smaller bulb that won't bother the neighbor, or put in a
screw-in socket that will turn off during the day and on at night (all
night)

Or try the same power off thing again. No reason to wait until night.

Posted to uk.rec.driving,alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks

On Mon, 31 Aug 2015 10:16:23 -0700, "Colon Edmud Jackass Burchese,
Ph.D of Ladyboise, Idaho" wrote:

"Dave G." wrote in message
groups.com...

My motion detector spotlight stays on all night. What can I do to reset it?

Stop moving!

Unscrew the bulb or yer head, whatever is easier.
LOL

The bulb might be easier, KKKoloon. LOLOK
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dave G." wrote in
message roups.com...
My motion detector spotlight stays on all night. What can I do to reset it?

--

There are cheap LED light bulb with the motion detector inside the bulb. Be
sure it works outdoor.