Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Windows 10 alternative

Revive that old pc with Ubuntu Linux at http://www.lxle.net/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, August 2, 2015 at 1:33:22 PM UTC-5, Bob wrote:
Revive that old pc with Ubuntu Linux at http://www.lxle.net/

Another choice for a very stable OS is PC-BSD. I like it too. I especially like the BSD mascot better than that goofy little penguin. (ʘ€¿Ê˜)

http://www.pcbsd.org/

http://wigen.net/data/bsdmascots/cer....jpg.php?click

[8~{} Uncle OS Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/02/2015 03:52 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

Revive that old pc with Ubuntu Linux at http://www.lxle.net/

Another choice for a very stable OS is PC-BSD. I like it too. I especially like the BSD mascot better than that goofy little penguin. (ʘ€¿Ê˜)

http://www.pcbsd.org/

http://wigen.net/data/bsdmascots/cer....jpg.php?click

[8~{} Uncle OS Monster

I tried PC-BSD on my notebook, but the experiment was not a success. It
now has Linux Mint 17.2 alongside Win10Pro, and I'll probably restore
the saved Win7Pro image to another partition and be able to triple-boot it.

Perce

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 2 Aug 2015 14:33:11 -0400, Bob wrote:

Win7