Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Footings , anyone?

So the time has come to begin on the kitchen ... and the place to start is
obviously at the bottom . I've checked out the web for info on footings for
the "cellar" area , and have a good idea of the width needed to support the
load according to our soil type (packs concrete-hard if you look sideways at
it) but I'm not clear on how thick they need to be . I'll be reinforcing
with 3/8 rebar , and pouring them 12 inches wide . They'll be supporting a
cinder block wall 8 feet tall and they will be the support for the center
section of the 24' double 2x12 main beams . The entire footing will be below
the frost line even allowing for the slope of the land . I'll be using a
1:3:3 mix , done on site . Gotta justify that cement mixer I just ordered
I'm thinking 6" should be thick enough , considering they'll be under
block wall and reinforced . But I don't know , and haven't found any info on
how to figure that .
--
Snag

Footings question Graham Jones[_4_] UK diy 10 July 13th 11 10:11 PM
footings stuart noble UK diy 19 July 1st 10 11:04 AM
Depth of footings for porch franz fripplfrappl Home Repair 21 April 2nd 08 09:41 PM
cement deck footings mchoghead Home Repair 3 September 29th 07 09:36 PM
Dek Blocks vrs. cement footings Duke1973 Home Repair 7 July 22nd 06 07:51 PM