DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   5 things liberals never remember (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/383271-5-things-liberals-never-remember.html)

Muggles July 23rd 15 05:29 PM

5 things liberals never remember

On 7/23/2015 11:25 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/23/2015 10:42 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 7/23/2015 6:43 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Wonder if that was the guy who invented
BBQ sauce, and melted butter? Colonel
Sanders, the chicken guy, was it? Chicken
that is just heavenly. Probably the first
guy to splash hot cooking oil and holler
Jesus Christ! while cooking.

Some things you just take on faith like who invented BBQ sauce! :)

We can always consult Strang's Concordance,
and see what the learned scholars say.

Maybe they have parabolas there?

--
Maggie

Uncle Monster[_2_] July 23rd 15 05:42 PM

On Thursday, July 23, 2015 at 9:42:32 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 7/23/2015 6:43 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/22/2015 11:12 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 7/22/2015 7:10 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/22/2015 2:01 PM, Muggles wrote:

It really WASN'T a throw away line in the old testament. Something
changed in the new testament that nullified the law of not eating pork
or shellfish which made it acceptable in the new testament.

I remember some thing about a man coming to
fulfil the law.

I remember that, too.

Wonder if that was the guy who invented
BBQ sauce, and melted butter? Colonel
Sanders, the chicken guy, was it? Chicken
that is just heavenly. Probably the first
guy to splash hot cooking oil and holler
Jesus Christ! while cooking.

Some things you just take on faith like who invented BBQ sauce! :)

--
Maggie

Small children are great with barbecue sauce and the toes are the crunchy part. The ears, if properly prepared, are wonderfully crispy. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Hungry Monster

Oren[_2_] July 23rd 15 06:17 PM

On Thu, 23 Jul 2015 09:42:33 -0500, Muggles wrote:

Some things you just take on faith like who invented BBQ sauce! :)

_The History Of Barbecue Sauce_

http://amazingribs.com/BBQ_articles/history_of_bbq_sauce.html

Scroll down -- The oldest recipes

Robert Green July 23rd 15 06:22 PM

5 things liberals never remember

"bob_villa" wrote in message
On Thursday, July 23, 2015 at 9:21:42 AM UTC-5, Ashton Crusher wrote:
ALL "gods" are fantasies
left over from a time when people thought the earth was flat and the
four basic elements were phlegm, fire, bile, and who knows what else.

If you *think* you have all the answers...you should read St. Augustine.

Ashton only has to look at the source material that everyone's referring to
realize it's WAY out of date and much of the Bible no longer applies.

Leviticus, often cited as the Biblical authority to kill all homosexuals,
has some great lines:

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of
God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must
die. (Leviticus 20:10).

"Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye
go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die." (Leviticus 10:9)

Translation: The billions of people drinking wine as the blood of Christ in
church are either damned or Leviticus is not really meaningful anymore.
So if this rule is no longer in play practically speaking, what about all
the other rules?

Leviticus 23:3 "Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the
sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the
sabbath of the Lord in all your dwellings." (Leviticus 23:3)

(I guess the entire NFL is going to hell - I wonder if the devout posters
amongst us post on Sunday, too?)

Leviticus 23:3 "Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the
sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the
sabbath of the Lord in all your dwellings." (Leviticus 23:3)

(No more oysters, clams, calamari, etc.)

The Often Overlooked Rules in Deuteronomy
The book Deuteronomy also lays some laws down, but nobody ever mentions
them, but why not take a look at those laws also?

Anyone who dreams or prophesizes anything that is against God, or anyone who
tries to turn you from God, is to be put to death. (Deuteronomy 13:5)

(I guess you're heading for Hell, Ashton)

If anyone, even your own family suggests worshipping another God, kill them.
(Deuteronomy 13:6-10)

(What about no God?)

If you find out a city worships a different god, destroy the city and kill
all of its inhabitants... even the animals. (Deuteronomy 13:12-15)

Kill anyone with a different religion. (Deuteronomy 17:2-7)

Sounds like the damn Muslim terrorists, doesn't it. Yet it's in our Bible.

--

Bobby G.

Robert Green July 23rd 15 06:48 PM

5 things liberals never remember

"Ashton Crusher" wrote in message

stuff snipped

On Tue, 21 Jul 2015 21:21:58 -0400, "Robert Green"
There was a time when "left-handedness" was treated the same as
"gayness". People where discriminated against in various ways for
being left-handed and people tried to 'cure' them of it. We've come
along a bit since then and people now accept that left-handedness is
as normal as right-handedness, just different. The GLBT thing is
heading in the same direction as the dinosaurs die out.

That's why the left hand is "sinister" in Latin and the right hand is
"dexter." IIRC, lefties were looked on suspiciously because they could
shake your right hand and stab you with their dominant left hand.

I used to have knock-down, drag-out battles about Judas. My debating
partner thought he was more evil than Satan for betraying the Lord. I
countered with "If the Lord knows all that will come to pass, he knew Judas
would betray him." In fact he says so when he says to Judas "Do what you
must do quickly." Then I told her that Judas hanging himself showed remorse
and he should be forgiven his sins. She would have none of it. This from
the woman who allegedly worshipped the man who, on the cross, said "Forgive
them Lord, they know not what they do."

Which reminds me of "closely held" beliefs. She left the Catholic Church
when she was unable to get a divorce decree.

--
Bobby G.

Muggles July 23rd 15 07:49 PM

On 7/23/2015 11:42 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

Kind of like fried green tomatoes?

--
Maggie

Muggles July 23rd 15 07:53 PM

On 7/23/2015 12:17 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jul 2015 09:42:33 -0500, Muggles wrote:

Some things you just take on faith like who invented BBQ sauce! :)

_The History Of Barbecue Sauce_

http://amazingribs.com/BBQ_articles/history_of_bbq_sauce.html

Scroll down -- The oldest recipes

We have GOT to stop talking about bbq, or I'm going to have to get some
for dinner.

--
Maggie

Robert Green July 23rd 15 08:22 PM

5 things liberals never remember

"Ashton Crusher" wrote in message

stuff snipped

Are people born left handed or do they learn it?

Neither - it's a *choice* (-:

--
Bobby G.

Uncle Monster[_2_] July 23rd 15 09:09 PM

On Thursday, July 23, 2015 at 1:49:34 PM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
[...]

More like fried pink toma(toes). ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Cannibal Monster

Robert Green July 23rd 15 11:31 PM

5 things liberals never remember

"Ashton Crusher" wrote in message

stuff snipped

People in love with unfettered "free market" are free to move to
Somalia. Yet few of the USA lovers of the unfettered free market
choose to do so.

Good point. No pesky government to tell anyone what to do and it's one of
the bleakest places on earth to live.

Some do of course, but the ones who go there by
choice are almost always companies cashing in on the mayhem, not
individuals going to "start a good life".

Maybe someday they'll find some precious mineral deposits that bring in
prospectors and along with them (as happened in California, the Black Hills,
Alaska, etc.) modern civilization.

--
Bobby G.

Stormin Mormon[_10_] July 24th 15 01:45 AM

On 7/23/2015 12:29 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 7/23/2015 11:25 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Some things you just take on faith like who invented BBQ sauce! :)

We can always consult Strang's Concordance,
and see what the learned scholars say.

Maybe they have parabolas there?

Sure, that's a story that goes up to infinity at the end?

Either that, or four rocks tied on ropes, to
snare game when thrown.

(Not sure anyone will understand either of those.)

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Stormin Mormon[_10_] July 24th 15 01:46 AM

On 7/23/2015 1:17 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jul 2015 09:42:33 -0500, Muggles wrote:

Some things you just take on faith like who invented BBQ sauce! :)

_The History Of Barbecue Sauce_

http://amazingribs.com/BBQ_articles/history_of_bbq_sauce.html

Scroll down -- The oldest recipes

Let me guess? Made in the oldest profession,
by prostitutes who cook?

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Muggles July 24th 15 04:24 AM

On 7/23/2015 7:45 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/23/2015 12:29 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 7/23/2015 11:25 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Some things you just take on faith like who invented BBQ sauce! :)

We can always consult Strang's Concordance,
and see what the learned scholars say.

Maybe they have parabolas there?

Sure, that's a story that goes up to infinity at the end?

Either that, or four rocks tied on ropes, to
snare game when thrown.

(Not sure anyone will understand either of those.)

hmmmm I don't have a good come back for this one. lol

--
Maggie

Stormin Mormon[_10_] July 24th 15 12:42 PM

On 7/23/2015 11:24 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 7/23/2015 7:45 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Maybe they have parabolas there?

Sure, that's a story that goes up to infinity at the end?

Either that, or four rocks tied on ropes, to
snare game when thrown.

(Not sure anyone will understand either of those.)

hmmmm I don't have a good come back for this one. lol

Moments like this, you just call me a bigot.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Muggles July 24th 15 04:32 PM

On 7/24/2015 6:42 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/23/2015 11:24 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 7/23/2015 7:45 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Maybe they have parabolas there?

Sure, that's a story that goes up to infinity at the end?

Either that, or four rocks tied on ropes, to
snare game when thrown.

(Not sure anyone will understand either of those.)

hmmmm I don't have a good come back for this one. lol

Moments like this, you just call me a bigot.

.... but I don't want to call you a bigot! How 'bout I call you a spigot?

--
Maggie

Stormin Mormon[_10_] July 24th 15 08:44 PM

On 7/24/2015 11:32 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 7/24/2015 6:42 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
hmmmm I don't have a good come back for this one. lol

Moments like this, you just call me a bigot.

... but I don't want to call you a bigot! How 'bout I call you a spigot?

Si! Si! Esta spigot, señora.
Muchas spigot.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Muggles July 24th 15 09:01 PM

5 things liberals never remember

On 7/24/2015 2:44 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Si! Si! Esta spigot, señora.
Muchas spigot.

Es más agradable ser llamado una espita que debe ser llamado a un
fanático! ¡ Gracias, google Traducir!
--
Maggie

Stormin Mormon[_10_] July 24th 15 10:09 PM

On 7/24/2015 4:01 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 7/24/2015 2:44 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Si! Si! Esta spigot, señora.
Muchas spigot.

Es más agradable ser llamado una espita que debe ser llamado a un
fanático! ¡ Gracias, google Traducir!

Spanish to English: I am an agressive llama which spits
on your llama, as you are fantastic. Graces of God go
with your goggles and transistor.

Well, Muggles, you have left me speechless. Llama spit?

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Muggles July 24th 15 10:17 PM

On 7/24/2015 4:09 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/24/2015 4:01 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 7/24/2015 2:44 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Si! Si! Esta spigot, señora.
Muchas spigot.

Es más agradable ser llamado una espita que debe ser llamado a un
fanático! ¡ Gracias, google Traducir!

Spanish to English: I am an agressive llama which spits
on your llama, as you are fantastic. Graces of God go
with your goggles and transistor.

Well, Muggles, you have left me speechless. Llama spit?

hahhaaaaaaaaahaha!! That wasn't even close to what I typed in English.
{giggles} But, it was much funnier!

--
Maggie

Stormin Mormon[_10_] July 24th 15 10:59 PM

On 7/24/2015 5:17 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 7/24/2015 4:09 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Es más agradable ser llamado una espita que debe ser llamado a un
fanático! ¡ Gracias, google Traducir!

Spanish to English: I am an agressive llama which spits
on your llama, as you are fantastic. Graces of God go
with your goggles and transistor.

Well, Muggles, you have left me speechless. Llama spit?

hahhaaaaaaaaahaha!! That wasn't even close to what I typed in English.
{giggles} But, it was much funnier!

Sigh. Well, maybe I should have used a different
translator?

Well, no worries. Some times mistakes can be a
really hoot.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Oren[_2_] July 24th 15 11:45 PM

5 things liberals never remember

On Fri, 24 Jul 2015 17:59:11 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

hahhaaaaaaaaahaha!! That wasn't even close to what I typed in English.
{giggles} But, it was much funnier!

Sigh. Well, maybe I should have used a different
translator?

Well, no worries. Some times mistakes can be a
really hoot.

You two need to talk American!!

Muggles July 25th 15 01:28 AM

On 7/24/2015 4:59 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 7/24/2015 5:17 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 7/24/2015 4:09 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Es más agradable ser llamado una espita que debe ser llamado a un
fanático! ¡ Gracias, google Traducir!

Spanish to English: I am an agressive llama which spits
on your llama, as you are fantastic. Graces of God go
with your goggles and transistor.

Well, Muggles, you have left me speechless. Llama spit?

hahhaaaaaaaaahaha!! That wasn't even close to what I typed in English.
{giggles} But, it was much funnier!

Sigh. Well, maybe I should have used a different
translator?

Well, no worries. Some times mistakes can be a
really hoot.

I like those kind of mistakes.

--
Maggie

Muggles July 25th 15 01:37 AM

wrote:

hahhaaaaaaaaahaha!! That wasn't even close to what I typed in English.
{giggles} But, it was much funnier!

Sigh. Well, maybe I should have used a different
translator?

Well, no worries. Some times mistakes can be a
really hoot.

You two need to talk American!!

ok ... Can I have any accent I want?

--
Maggie

Stormin Mormon[_10_] July 25th 15 03:34 AM

wrote:

hahhaaaaaaaaahaha!! That wasn't even close to what I typed in English.
{giggles} But, it was much funnier!

Sigh. Well, maybe I should have used a different
translator?

Well, no worries. Some times mistakes can be a
really hoot.

You two need to talk American!!

Sho rat! Know I'm sayin, home?

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Stormin Mormon[_10_] July 25th 15 03:36 AM

On 7/24/2015 8:37 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 7/24/2015 5:45 PM, Oren wrote:

Well, no worries. Some times mistakes can be a
really hoot.

You two need to talk American!!

ok ... Can I have any accent I want?

Naaat if that haaaas taaaa be baaaaston!

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Muggles July 25th 15 04:29 AM

On 7/24/2015 5:45 PM, Oren wrote:

Well, no worries. Some times mistakes can be a
really hoot.

You two need to talk American!!

ok ... Can I have any accent I want?

Naaat if that haaaas taaaa be baaaaston!

umm ... no problem. I'll try a Southern drawl, sugar.

--
Maggie

Ashton Crusher[_3_] July 25th 15 11:17 PM

On Tue, 21 Jul 2015 23:34:47 -0500, Muggles wrote:

On 7/21/2015 8:21 PM, Robert Green wrote:
"Ashton Crusher" wrote in message

stuff snipped

It's not because I don't agree with your point of view. It's because
you, if you support discrimination because someone is gay, are a
bigot. If I agreed with you then BOTH of us would be bigots.

This gayness is a choice thing is pretty easy to demolish. When did any
straight person reading this thread make a conscious decision to become a
heterosexual? The surprisingly simple answer is that they didn't just as
most (all?) homosexuals didn't make a decision to become homosexual. One
day they realized that's who they were.

But if that's not enough proof it's NOT a moral choice, but an innate
process common to more than 10% of all species, there's this:

http://www.yalescientific.org/2012/0...homosexuality/

Recent research has found that homosexual behavior in animals may be much
more common than previously thought. Although Darwin's theory of natural
selection predicts an evolutionary disadvantage for animals that fail to
pass along their traits through reproduction with the opposite sex, the
validity of this part of his theory has been questioned with the discoveries
of homosexual behavior in more than 10% of prevailing species throughout the
world.

Rats turn "gay" when their colonies become over-crowded as if Nature was
trying to reduce the population by limiting pup-producing sexual relations.

How can it be a choice for a dumb animal without a moral system whatsoever?
It's most likely to be just the same for human beings. One thing's clear
from everything I've read, you can't *really* cure gay and trying to live as
a straight person is a loveless hell that a loving Creator would never force
upon us.

One argument in favor of being gay is people are born gay. I've always
countered that argument with a logical response. Do you think people are
born gay?

1) I'm inclined to think they are...
but
2) even if it is/was a choice, what possible concern is it of anyone
else that someone choose to be gay rather than straight?

From the hysterics of the religious adherents you'd think someone was
proposing to tie them all down and shove a cock down their throats.
All that's being asked of them is to leave other people alone and let
them live their lives as they choose to live them, which is hurting no
one. The only people trying to force others to make choices they
don't want to make are the religious adherents.

Ashton Crusher[_3_] July 25th 15 11:20 PM

5 things liberals never remember

On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 10:07:04 -0500, Muggles wrote:

On 7/22/2015 8:07 AM, Robert Green wrote:
"Bob" wrote in message
eb.com...
On 7/22/2015 12:34 AM, Muggles wrote:

One argument in favor of being gay is people are born gay. I've always
countered that argument with a logical response. Do you think people are
born gay?

We are what we are. We can't change our sexual preference any more than
we can change our eye color. Maybe someday we'll be able to alter our
firmware and tweak our attributes.

There are colored contact lenses that can turn brown-eyes blue but I get
your point. What really frosts my cake is that many religious types
actually believe if you work VERY hard at it, you can "ungay" youself.

All it takes to become anything is a decision, and then putting your
actions behind that decision.

[cut lengthy text]

So all I need to do to become the best baseball player in the world is
to simply decide that's what *I am* and act like it? I never realized
it was SO EASY to be what you are not.

Ashton Crusher[_3_] July 25th 15 11:22 PM

5 things liberals never remember

On Thu, 23 Jul 2015 13:48:11 -0400, "Robert Green"
wrote:

"Ashton Crusher" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

My mother left when the priest refused to absolve her sin of using
birth control.

Ashton Crusher[_3_] July 25th 15 11:28 PM

5 things liberals never remember

On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 08:55:45 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 7/19/2015 11:08 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 09:22:11 -0400, Stormin Mormon

Interesting that you folks think Jesus is a bigot.

Your mind reading really sucks. Your name calling
is extreme. Hmm. Oh, wait, you're a liberal?

You imply you support bigotry so it's hardly name calling to say you
are a bigot.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bigot
Full Definition of BIGOT
: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own
opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the
members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance
— big·ot·ed
\-g?-t?d\ adjective
— big·ot·ed·ly adverb
See bigot defined for English-language learners
See bigot defined for kids

I'm challenging you to demonstrate any hatred
in my writing. As to intolerance, same goes.
Teaching people not to sin is one of the most
loving things a man can do.

I'm not going back thru all the messages to see so if you feel I've
unjustly accused you I will withdraw my statement calling you a bigot.
I will ask you this, ..if you were "the baker" we keep talking about,
would you knowingly bake and sell a cake to a gay couple for their
wedding or would you defy the state law and refuse to sell to them
because they are gay?

Also, regardless of what you might do personally, would you support or
condemn the actions of some other "baker" who refused to sell a cake
to a gay customer and elected to violate state law by refusing?

Muggles July 25th 15 11:29 PM

"Bob" wrote in message
[...]

If you put it that way, you just pick up a baseball bat and ball and
practice. Then you join a local baseball team and then you're a baseball
player, but only do that if you make a decision to do it.

--
Maggie

Muggles July 25th 15 11:34 PM

On 7/25/2015 5:17 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
[...]

Well, many people have used the argument that people are "born" gay in
order to force a mindset on others who disagree with the lifestyle.

From the hysterics of the religious adherents you'd think someone was
proposing to tie them all down and shove a cock down their throats.

The objections I've seen have to do with gays changing the definition of
what constitutes a marriage. Most people I know don't give a rip one way
or another what other people do. OTOH, many people cared about the
definition of marriage.

All that's being asked of them is to leave other people alone and let
them live their lives as they choose to live them, which is hurting no
one. The only people trying to force others to make choices they
don't want to make are the religious adherents.

I don't think it's that simple.

--
Maggie

Ashton Crusher[_3_] July 25th 15 11:45 PM

5 things liberals never remember

On Thu, 23 Jul 2015 11:50:05 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 7/23/2015 10:26 AM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 06:25:46 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 7/19/2015 11:11 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 09:26:53 -0400, Stormin Mormon

I'm starting to wonder. Ashton appears to be
completely convinced that he has a complete
and correct understanding of Jesus. And that
he has a complete understanding of what
others believe. That's pretty bold.

Jesus might be speaking thru me. Prove he isn't.

Now I know you're a troll, trying to
prove a negative.

I've provided the teachings of the living
prophets, don't need to prove any more
than that.
https://www.lds.org/topics/same-gend...ction?lang=eng

No, you've simply done the thing I posted as the example of the
absurdity.

What's the LDS position on shaving and cutting your hair? Both are
sins according to the bible.

Again, I'm not going to try to prove a negative.

No one is asking you to. You are being asked if you follow ALL the
laws regarding hair and beards such as these ones below or do you just
do what is convenient and suits you personally without regard to god's
laws?

http://www.openbible.info/topics/shaving

Leviticus 19:27 ESV / 64 helpful votes

You shall not round off the hair on your temples or mar the edges of
your beard.

Ezekiel 44:20 ESV / 32 helpful votes

They shall not shave their heads or let their locks grow long; they
shall surely trim the hair of their heads.

Deuteronomy 14:1 ESV / 21 helpful votes

“You are the sons of the Lord your God. You shall not cut yourselves
or make any baldness on your foreheads for the dead.

Numbers 6:5 ESV / 19 helpful votes

“All the days of his vow of separation, no razor shall touch his head.
Until the time is completed for which he separates himself to the
Lord, he shall be holy. He shall let the locks of hair of his head
grow long.

Judges 13:5 ESV / 11 helpful votes

For behold, you shall conceive and bear a son. No razor shall come
upon his head, for the child shall be a Nazirite to God from the womb,
and he shall begin to save Israel from the hand of the Philistines.”

Numbers 6:18 ESV / 10 helpful votes

And the Nazirite shall shave his consecrated head at the entrance of
the tent of meeting and shall take the hair from his consecrated head
and put it on the fire that is under the sacrifice of the peace
offering.

Leviticus 21:5-6 ESV / 7 helpful votes

They shall not make bald patches on their heads, nor shave off the
edges of their beards, nor make any cuts on their body. They shall be
holy to their God and not profane the name of their God. For they
offer the Lord's food offerings, the bread of their God; therefore
they shall be holy.

Job 1:20 ESV / 6 helpful votes

Then Job arose and tore his robe and shaved his head and fell on the
ground and worshiped.

Ashton Crusher[_3_] July 25th 15 11:48 PM

On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 11:07:00 -0500, Muggles wrote:

On 7/22/2015 10:39 AM, Dan Espen wrote:
Muggles writes:

On 7/22/2015 1:33 AM, Robert Green wrote:
"Ashton Crusher" wrote in message

Yet in spite of that the good Christians on here would refuse service
to gays DUE TO THEIR CHRISTIAN RELIGION!!! They make a mockery of
their Christianity.

"Prejudice, a dirty word, and faith, a clean one, have something in common:
they both begin where reason ends." - Harper Lee

Prejudice:
: an unfair feeling of dislike for a person or group because of race,
sex, religion, etc.

me- I was wondering who gets to decide which feelings are unfair?

: a feeling of like or dislike for someone or something especially when
it is not reasonable or logical

me- Also wondering, who gets to decide what feelings are logical or
reasonable?

We tend to toss the word "prejudice" around as IF it is a dirty word,
but it isn't. It represents people's feelings, and that's one thing that
can't be legislated, manipulated, or controlled in people around us let
alone ourselves.

You continue to post off topic stupid stuff.
What is your problem?

'Scuse me. I didn't bring up this topic, and multiple people are
responding to the discussion. You're welcome to ignore it.

You should know who gets to decide, especially in this case, since it
was the Supreme Court.

Which case are you talking about? I was referencing Robert Green's use
of the word "prejudice" in his Harper Lee quote.

When the word prejudice is used in every day speech, the person
saying the word got to decide.

So, anyone can decide if someone else is being prejudiced, right? What
is a valid litmus test for validating that sort of label?

Sure the word represents a feeling. In this case, it's an "unfair",
"illogical" feeling. So if someone called you prejudiced in this
thread, it's because they think your "feelings" are "unfair" and / or
"illogical". Is that so hard to understand?

So, likewise, I can call you prejudiced if I feel your "feelings" are
"unfair" or "illogical"? Will that mean I'm correct because I say that
about you? IOW, does calling someone "prejudiced" have unintended
consequences to putting that label onto someone else?

You're post above is just a bunch of nonsense.

You're prejudiced, obviously, because your comment presents feelings
that are "unfair" and "illogical", in my opinion.

Of course prejudice is a bad thing. Look at the definition again.
You can't make it into a good word with the silly line of reasoning
you present above.

Is that so? People who disagree often attempt to counter their
opponents argument by attacking their character by calling them
"prejudiced". If you can cause doubt in someone elses character, you
can begin to win your argument based on personal attacks vs. arguing the
actual content of the message, instead.

Prejudice is a judgement based on political correctness and individual
viewpoints. What is fair to one person is unfair to another.

Whether you are prejudiced or not is a separate issue.
I make no statement on that subject, that's between you and the other
posters here who seem to care what you think.

We're all prejudiced about something if we decide to take a stand on any
issue at all because someone will see our position as being unfair
and/or illogical.

I'm posting just to comment on how ridiculous your "reasoning" above is.

My "reasoning" makes logical sense until I pass the point of not being
politically correct in someones eyes.

We all know prejudice is a bad thing. Well, all of us, except you
apparently.

Prejudice is only bad if it supports evil. Otherwise, prejudice that
supports good is good prejudice.

And being prejudiced against someone simply because they are gay is
evil. Glad you are finally seeing the light.

Oren[_2_] July 25th 15 11:56 PM

5 things liberals never remember

On Sat, 25 Jul 2015 15:17:41 -0700, Ashton Crusher
wrote:

The only people trying to force others to make choices they
don't want to make are the religious adherents.

WRONG. Try again.

Muggles July 26th 15 01:53 AM

On 7/25/2015 5:48 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 11:07:00 -0500, Muggles wrote:

Prejudice is only bad if it supports evil. Otherwise, prejudice that
supports good is good prejudice.

And being prejudiced against someone simply because they are gay is
evil. Glad you are finally seeing the light.

Politically correct statements really kill individuality and freedom of
thought. Why would you want to do that?

--
Maggie

Stormin Mormon[_10_] July 26th 15 02:56 AM

On 7/25/2015 6:45 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jul 2015 11:50:05 -0400, Stormin Mormon
Jesus might be speaking thru me. Prove he isn't.

Now I know you're a troll, trying to
prove a negative.

I've provided the teachings of the living
prophets, don't need to prove any more
than that.
https://www.lds.org/topics/same-gend...ction?lang=eng

Again, I'm not going to try to prove a negative.

No one is asking you to. You are being asked if you follow ALL the
laws regarding hair and beards such as these ones below or do you just
do what is convenient and suits you personally without regard to god's
laws?

Goal post move noted. Again. How many more times are
you going to try that nonsense?

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Stormin Mormon[_10_] July 26th 15 02:57 AM

On 7/25/2015 6:28 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
[...]

Thank you. I accept.

Goal post move text deleted before reply.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Stormin Mormon[_10_] July 26th 15 02:59 AM

wrote:

The only people trying to force others to make choices they
don't want to make are the religious adherents.

WRONG. Try again.

Have gays done any thing like trying to force others
to make choices they don't want to make? Like baking
faggot sodomite perverted sinful celebration cake?

--
..
Christopher A. Young