DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   A Perfect Case For NOT Using Linux. (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/383096-perfect-case-not-using-linux.html)

Snit July 1st 15 06:00 PM

A Perfect Case For NOT Using Linux.

On 7/1/15, 4:36 AM, in article ,
"chrisv" wrote:

Wildman wrote:

some thing wrote:

(lies snipped)

I know it will do no good

It will sure do you no good to deal with the "Snit" thing. *All* it
does is lie.

Yes, yes... all my unquotable lies. Tons of them every day. One of the
longest and more boring on-going gags of COLA.

but I will say one more time, Linux is not in the "market", it is FREE.

The fact that it's free does not matter.

Well, it does help get is user base up... if it cost what Windows did it
would be even lower than the 1.5% or so it is now.

--
* Mint MATE Trash, Panel, Menu: http://youtu.be/C0y74FIf7uE
* Mint KDE working with folders: http://youtu.be/7C9nvniOoE0

Jeff-Relf.Me August 27th 15 03:23 AM

Linux users expect -YOU- to pay, not them.

Hi Jason C. McDonald, I'm jeff Relf in Seattle,
a "Comp.OS.Linux.Advocacy" regular.

I'm a Visual C++ 2013 programmer who targets Win8.
Besides games and clients that I wrote for myself
(Jeff-Relf.Me/X.ZIP), I simulate the incomes of
competing banks, for "the bankers" (ABA.COM).

My C# macros, to automate Visual Studio 2013:

Jeff-Relf.Me/Macros.HTM
Jeff-Relf.Me/Visual-Studio-2013-Toolbars.PNG

My Logitech g600 mouse:

Jeff-Relf.Me/g600.PNG
Jeff-Relf.Me/g600.TXT

I read your:

indeliblebluepen.com/?page_id=5
mousepawgames.com/news/faq
mousepawgames.com/news
mousepawgames.com/news/articles/diamondquest_released
mousepawgames.com/projects/osr
youtube.com/watch?v=T9aE8tN6bVI

You haven't graduated from college,
and you've more vaporware than anything else.

Who's funding you, your parents ?

You're Christian, I see, but what kind ?
I'm an atheist.

You switched to Ubuntu after losing your data.
I wrote an app to backup (local and remote) everything;
so I don't have that problem.

Windows is hard to learn, sure;
but, if you hope to earn money, you MUST learn it.

Apple users pay even more.

Linux users expect -YOU- to pay, not them.
They want your time, effort and money, for free.

I doubt that CD·ROM's are the way to go;
everyone has internet access, I'm sure.
If they don't, they can't afford you, right ? !

Jeff-Relf.Me August 27th 15 03:23 AM

Thunderbird and "Usenet.BlueWorldHosting.COM".

P.S. In Thunderbird, select the message
of the person you want to kill file.

Go to "Message", "Create Filter From Message"
and choose "Delete Message" (the default).

P.P.S. Your server, "Eternal-September.ORG"
censors my (HTML) posts.

Please, if you want to converse with me,
sign up with this server:

Usenet.BlueWorldHosting.COM
nntpSwitch.BlueWorldHosting.COM:119

Unlike Pan, Mozilla Thunderbird knows HTML.

Jeff-Relf.Me August 27th 15 03:23 AM

No one (that I know of) uses Android to read Usenet.

PRE Style='Font-Family: OCR A !important;'bigbigÂ*
No one (that I know of) uses Android to read Usenet.

Jeff-Relf.Me August 27th 15 03:23 AM

C++ can be ridiculous, but it doesn't have to be.

PRE Style='Font-Family: OCR A !important;'bigbigÂ*
"rbowman",

C++ can be ridiculous, but it doesn't have to be.

It takes a few minutes to
convert your 32 bit code to 64 bit.

Likewise, it takes a few minutes to
convert your code from C to C++.

Converting to Unicode, from Windows-1252
takes longer but, still, it's no big deal.

Why move to C++ ?
I like "int &Sq = Me ? MySq : HisSq",
"//" style comments, and declaring variables anywhere.

I do NOT like the stricter type checking,
but I use templates and I override functions...
so that's the price I must pay, I guess.

Jeff-Relf.Me August 27th 15 03:23 AM

C++ can be ridiculous, but it doesn't have to be.

PRE Style='Font-Family: OCR A !important;'bigbigÂ*
"rbowman",

C++ can be ridiculous, but it doesn't have to be.

It takes a few minutes to
convert your 32 bit code to 64 bit.

Likewise, it takes a few minutes to
convert your code from C to C++.

Converting to Unicode, from Windows-1252,
takes longer but, still, it's no big deal.

Why move to C++ ?
I like "int &Sq = Me ? MySq : HisSq",
"//" style comments, and declaring variables anywhere.

I do NOT like the stricter type checking,
but I use templates and I overLOAD functions...
so that's the price I must pay, I guess.