Posted to alt.home.repair

Default no spark

I have home lite weed eater 2 cycle ut20004a no spark tried 3 different
coils new removed kill switch wire
cleaned flywheel help

Posted to alt.home.repair

--

....tried a new sparkplug?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 20 Jun 2015 13:44:02 +0000, fiore
wrote:

I have home lite weed eater 2 cycle ut20004a no spark tried 3 different
coils new removed kill switch wire
cleaned flywheel help

Parts:

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/homelite-ut20004a-trimlite-string-trimmer-parts-c-18807_20299_202547.html

Did you change the spark plug? It is the right heat range and gapped
to specs.

Hold the metal spark plug terminal between your fingers and pull the
start cord - does anything happen?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have home lite weed eater 2 cycle ut20004a no spark tried 3 different
coils new removed kill switch wire
cleaned flywheel help

Parts:

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/homelite-ut20004a-trimlite-string-trimmer-parts-c-18807_20299_202547.html

Did you change the spark plug? It is the right heat range and gapped
to specs.

Hold the metal spark plug terminal between your fingers and pull the
start cord - does anything happen?

First question is how is he determining that there is no spark?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/20/2015 9:44 AM, fiore wrote:
I have home lite weed eater 2 cycle ut20004a no spark tried 3 different
coils new removed kill switch wire
cleaned flywheel help

I had a Homelite chainsaw with the same problem. The fix is really
simple.

Hold the trimmer in one hand Swing your arm a few times and on the
third swing, toss the trimmer as far as you can. Aim for a neighbor's
yard.

Go to the local Stihl dealer and buy a real trimmer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have home lite weed eater 2 cycle ut20004a no spark tried 3 different
coils new removed kill switch wire
cleaned flywheel help

Parts:

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/homelite-ut20004a-trimlite-string-trimmer-parts-c-18807_20299_202547.html

Did you change the spark plug? It is the right heat range and gapped
to specs.

Hold the metal spark plug terminal between your fingers and pull the
start cord - does anything happen?

First question is how is he determining that there is no spark?

I gave him the test. I can't answer, Your Honor
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/20/2015 11:37 AM, trader_4 wrote:

[snip]

Hold the metal spark plug terminal between your fingers and pull the
start cord - does anything happen?

First question is how is he determining that there is no spark?

Put the plug in your mouth, and hold the engine while pulling the cord.
Do it right, and you may SEE the spark :-)

--
"We are the Pentium Borg. You will be approximated."
Posted to alt.home.repair

fiore posted for all of us...

--

When I saw the topic of this post I thought he lost the love of his life...

--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

gas hob and the spark igniter john hamilton[_2_] UK diy 5 May 11th 10 09:00 PM
GE cooktop no spark - spark module or something else? autonut843 Home Repair 3 February 21st 06 01:11 AM
spark gen Nick Williams Electronics 1 October 16th 04 03:17 PM
spark gen Nick Williams Electronics 0 October 15th 04 01:15 PM
Where's the spark ?? John Albers Metalworking 52 January 5th 04 12:01 AM