Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Solid state replacement regulator for '58 Chevy C60

I'm fed up w/ the old mechanical regulator...it was overcharging to the
point of boiling battery dry, have adjusted it about a half-dozen times
and it's either too hot or now not charging fully-enough.

I had found a replacement SS regulator some months ago but now for the
life of me can't seem to locate it. Seems like several of the parts
places had it but none of the links in my history seem to find it now
and I can't recall the manufacturer (was 3rd party, not OEM) and my
searches are also coming up empty...

Seems like there was a 'V' in the manufacturer's name but that may be
false...

Anyway, anybody know of which speaketh and can point me at 'em?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 09 Jun 2015 20:35:52 -0500, dpb wrote:

I'm fed up w/ the old mechanical regulator...it was overcharging to the
point of boiling battery dry, have adjusted it about a half-dozen times
and it's either too hot or now not charging fully-enough.

I had found a replacement SS regulator some months ago but now for the
life of me can't seem to locate it. Seems like several of the parts
places had it but none of the links in my history seem to find it now
and I can't recall the manufacturer (was 3rd party, not OEM) and my
searches are also coming up empty...

Seems like there was a 'V' in the manufacturer's name but that may be
false...

Anyway, anybody know of which speaketh and can point me at 'em?

Pull the generator off and install an alternator with a built-in
regulator. You can even go to a single wire unit for a few bucks more.