Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Car compass

On 6/9/2015 12:39 PM, KenK wrote:
Last week on the way to downtown I found my main east/west road was closed.
Trying to avoid a two mile drive to and from the next e/w main road I
ducked into the residential area nearby. This is a dry agricultural area so
there are lots of irrigation ditches and I kept getting blocked by them.
Quickly became lost. Finally ended up on the next main road I was trying to
avoid driving to but with many side trips on the way. sigh I had wished I
had a compass. Can you still put one in the car? There used to be many more
places to fasten one around the windshield than nowdays on a modern car.

I got turned around one dark night, and ended up
way off my route. Walmart has car compass, several
versions, in the auto parts section. Actually,
most auto parts stores should have compass. I have
a magnetic compass in both vehicles.

Daytime, you can ballpark the direction by where is
the sun, and what time is it.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..

Car compass Frank[_23_] Home Repair 24 June 12th 15 03:09 AM
Compass plane tiredofspam Woodworking Plans and Photos 2 February 21st 12 01:07 AM
compass C & S Woodworking Plans and Photos 5 May 12th 08 01:12 PM
ROUTER COMPASS JIG J T Woodworking 0 March 1st 08 06:12 AM
Electronic compass Roy Hammond Electronics Repair 4 November 21st 04 11:17 PM