Posted to alt.cellular,alt.home.repair

Default How to copy file to Andrrd smartphone?

On Tue, 09 Jun 2015 09:52:57 -0400, Art Todesco
wrote:

On 6/8/2015 6:02 PM, micky wrote:

How do I copy a 1 meg file to a Huawei Android smartphone, from the PC?

How do I copy a program that will display a .docx file? grin

I plugged the phone into the PC via a cable and it shows 2 drives, both
of them 0 bytes big. I know the phone has some additional memory in
it, something about the size of the trimming from a fingernail.

I have a feeling I need to use some app, maybe one that came with
Android, maybe not!

I have that short-distance wireless feature on the phone and the
computer, whose name I can never remmeber. Greenpeace, it might be
called. Sweetbread? Bluetooth!!! That's it. (stupid name)

I also have a cable, the same one that charges the battery.

Thanks.

I use the free app Airdroid.

Androild is also a mere app, not just an operating system? Or you're
being funny?

You need to have your phone linked to the
same wifi router as the computer. The computer can be either hard wired
to the router or connected with wifi.

I should have tried the Drag and Drop with wifi only. But I'm still
working on doing things like that with my hardwired PC and my wireless
laptop, and the whole notion of shared files. Part of the delay is that
I have little need to do this, so maybe that's why I should have learned
ont the cell phone. Oh, welll. As you may have read, both the file
and the reader are there now. (A lot more fun than reading 55 more
pages.)

Thanks.