Posted to alt.home.repair

Default BMW X3 or Audi Q5?

Better half is bugging me to downsize our main vehicle.
What do you all think? I'd rather go down to Acura RDX
from MDX.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:

Better half is bugging me to downsize our main vehicle.
What do you all think? I'd rather go down to Acura RDX
from MDX.

I've always been a Toyota guy so I looked at the RAV4 (too small) and
the Highlander (too big). After looking at several other medium SUVs I
settled for a Lexus RX350.
Posted to alt.home.repair

badgolferman posted for all of us...

Tony Hwang wrote:

Better half is bugging me to downsize our main vehicle.
What do you all think? I'd rather go down to Acura RDX
from MDX.

I've always been a Toyota guy so I looked at the RAV4 (too small) and
the Highlander (too big). After looking at several other medium SUVs I
settled for a Lexus RX350.

Toyota now has a mid-size one which name I can't recall.

--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:

Better half is bugging me to downsize our main vehicle.
What do you all think? I'd rather go down to Acura RDX
from MDX.

I've always been a Toyota guy so I looked at the RAV4 (too small)
and the Highlander (too big). After looking at several other
medium SUVs I settled for a Lexus RX350.

Toyota now has a mid-size one which name I can't recall.

They have the Toyota Venza which is essentially a Camry station wagon
or what they call crossovers these days. I really like the looks and
the size, but after test driving one I wondered why it had the Toyota
badge on it. It was noisy, rode rough, and the fit/finish inside was
below standards. I was very disappointed since it was my first choice.

I am happy with my choice of the Lexus RX350. In my old age it was
time to treat myself to something nice. The construction and
reliability are top notch and the gas mileage isn't too bad either.
I'm getting about 22 MPG all around and about 25 MPG on long trips
going 80 MPH most of the time.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, May 18, 2015 at 12:50:06 PM UTC-4, Tony Hwang wrote:

IDK about the X3, but have experience with the X5. From
what I've seen, it has problems that you would not expect
from that kind of vehicle. A friend has Honda CRVs that
cost less than half and from what I've seen, they are more
reliable. He does a lot of driving, runs them up to 200K+
miles with few problems. AC system seems to be the weak
link on the CRV, most of his problems have been with that.
On the other hand, the BMW is a nicer car, looks sharper,
handles very well, etc. Your choice.

Posted to alt.home.repair

trader_4 wrote:
On Monday, May 18, 2015 at 12:50:06 PM UTC-4, Tony Hwang wrote:

IDK about the X3, but have experience with the X5. From
what I've seen, it has problems that you would not expect
from that kind of vehicle. A friend has Honda CRVs that
cost less than half and from what I've seen, they are more
reliable. He does a lot of driving, runs them up to 200K+
miles with few problems. AC system seems to be the weak
link on the CRV, most of his problems have been with that.
On the other hand, the BMW is a nicer car, looks sharper,
handles very well, etc. Your choice.

After checking things out this Audi or BMW costs lot more for
routine upkeep like oil change, air filter, etc. Decided to
just down size to RDX trading in my MDX.