Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Paint for exterior window trim?

The trim paint on my windows is gloss black. Some of the windows need the
trim to be repainted. The June issue of Consumer Reports has an article
that includes exterior paints. But the chart does not note whether the
paint is oil-based or water-based (aka acrylic). I assume all are
water-based. I have always thought that oil-based paints last longer.

I'm not concerned about the oil-based cleanup. I would simply buy a bunch
of Harbor Freight brushes and toss them out after each use.

Do oil-based paints last longer? Or are oil-based exterior paints no longer
made? If they are made, and they last longer, does any one have a
recommendation?