Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Drill bit sizes

Maybe all of you have seen these before but they were new to me. My
large set of drill bits go up in number (down in size) to #60 and I
thought that was quite small. Well, the other day in an antique store I
found an index of bits that went from #61 up though #80. Those sizes run
from .039" down to .0135 which is damn small! Of course I now own them.

No bid deal but just thought I would share.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2015-04-29, IGot2P wrote:

Well, the other day in an antique store I found an index of bits
that went from #61 up though #80.

Quite common and can be found most anywhere. Make sure you get drill
bits that are HSS (high speed steel), at the very least.

nb

SDS drill sizes ss UK diy 10 June 29th 13 11:05 PM
Drill bit sizes Terry Pinnell[_3_] UK diy 32 May 5th 13 10:12 AM
History of drill sizes KD7HB Metalworking 0 March 7th 11 06:22 PM
Drill bit sizes Broadback UK diy 6 January 18th 05 08:22 PM
Drill sizes for 3/8-18 and 1/2-14 NPT taps. Jason D. Metalworking 4 December 30th 03 09:46 PM