Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Advice on outdoor game cameras? Specific requirements...

We have a remote cabin in eastern WA state, and want to enhance our security when we are not there. There is one narrow road to access property, so there is a small area where camera can mount.

Looking for a "game" camera with the following properties, and not having any luck on Google...

1. Weather proof - will be outdoors.
2. Must be battery powered, no power supply where it will mount
3. Motion activated
4. Must record to SD card, no wifi available

Anybody know if such an animal is available? Suggestions appreciated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"gwandsh" wrote in message

We have a remote cabin in eastern WA state, and want to enhance our security
when we are not there. There is one narrow road to access property, so
there is a small area where camera can mount.

Looking for a "game" camera with the following properties, and not having
any luck on Google...

1. Weather proof - will be outdoors.
2. Must be battery powered, no power supply where it will mount
3. Motion activated
4. Must record to SD card, no wifi available

Anybody know if such an animal is available? Suggestions appreciated.

Just about every one of them do all of the above

http://www.chasingame.com/forum/inde...0ef37a14cb8d32

Posted to alt.home.repair

Per gwandsh:
Suggestions appreciated.

Decide whether you want visible or invisible IR for the flash.

Sounds counter-intuitive, but when some IR's go off to illuminate a
night shot, they give a very visible flash of red - an invitation to
theft, IMHO.

--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
Per gwandsh:
Suggestions appreciated.

Decide whether you want visible or invisible IR for the flash.

Sounds counter-intuitive, but when some IR's go off to illuminate a
night shot, they give a very visible flash of red - an invitation to
theft, IMHO.

Mine is visible red. Not bright, but visible. Mine works ok to about 20
feet. They seem to have quarks. I don't understand their trigger
philosophy. Paid about $50 plus card.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

gwandsh wrote:
We have a remote cabin in eastern WA state, and want to enhance our security when we are not there.

There is one narrow road to access property, so there is a small area
where camera can mount.

Looking for a "game" camera with the following properties, and not having any luck on Google...

1. Weather proof - will be outdoors.
2. Must be battery powered, no power supply where it will mount
3. Motion activated
4. Must record to SD card, no wifi available

Anybody know if such an animal is available? Suggestions appreciated.

Some reviews he http://preview.tinyurl.com/kapsxob
I ended up buying the Moultrie 880-i. The main reason I picked that
one is I found a kit on Ebay that included a security box. The
critters don't seem to notice it taking their pictures. It sometimes
takes pictures of vehicles driving by on the county road about 100 yards
away.