Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Advice to fix a $100 Ryobi pole saw 8" chain saw (strippedadjustment threads)

Here is a picture from a few months ago, before this Home Depot
Ryobi electric 8-inch chain saw (pole saw, pole pruner) broke:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/4/3890/1...38620c35_c.jpg

We had used it on chapparal and on a treehouse limbing project:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5567/1...631229e1_c.jpg

We think we stripped the screw insert hole as the chain won't stay
and the tightening screw spins loosely now:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5574/1...2ffa4533_c.jpg

Do you think that might be covered by the 3-year warranty?
If not ...
Any suggestions for getting an exploded diagram of the parts?

Note: I'm not the owner, so, I don't have the model number of
the saw offhand; I'm just trying to help the owner who is inclined
to just throw it away for want of a screw thread...

The model is probably this $100 6-amp 8-inch pole saw:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-6-A...160A/203159669

If so, the model number is RY43160A.

Googling, I find it has a 3-year warranty and it is only a few months
old, so that's a good start.

I think here is a manual: http://manuals.ryobitools.com/documents/2881
http://www.manualslib.com/download/6...-Ry43160a.html

Is "ereplacement parts" reputable?
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/sea...160A&x=25&y=22

Does this look like the chain adjustment assembly:
http://www.ereplacementparts.com/cha...-p-571750.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 17 Feb 2015 03:44:52 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

Do you think that might be covered by the 3-year warranty?
If not ...
Any suggestions for getting an exploded diagram of the parts?

"...Techtronic Industries North America, Inc., warrants to the
original retail purchaser that this1 RYOBI ® brand outdoor product is
free from defect in material and workmanship and agrees to repair or
replace, at Techtronic Industries North America, Inc.’s, discretion,
any defective product free of charge within these time periods from
the date of purchase.

Three years if the product is used for personal, family
or household use;

90 days, if used for any other purpose, such as
commercial or rental.

This warranty extends to the original retail purchaser only
and commences on the date of the original retail purchase."

Fig. 14 ?

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/9e/9ebb7404-0e17-4124-81b8-3d21f1b4fcaf.pdf
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

*I think that you should contact Ryobi, especially if there is a warranty involved. if the owner wants to throw it away, have him toss it in your direction and you fix it for yourself.