Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Everything is new

Surveyed the house and found all the major appliances etc in good order:

List of everything under five years old:

Furnace
Water heater
Clothes drier
Oven
Microwave
Refrigerator
Toilet
Windows

One thing missing from the above list:

1988 Whirlpool washing machine that has not once required service.
Hope my posting here does not jinx it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 15 Feb 2015 17:23:10 -0600, philo wrote:

One thing missing from the above list:

1988 Whirlpool washing machine that has not once required service.
Hope my posting here does not jinx it.

When it does fail, I can see a day at the range for target practice
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, February 15, 2015 at 5:23:14 PM UTC-6, philo wrote:
Surveyed the house and found all the major appliances etc in good order:

List of everything under five years old:

Furnace
Water heater
Clothes drier
Oven
Microwave
Refrigerator
Toilet
Windows

One thing missing from the above list:

1988 Whirlpool washing machine that has not once required service.
Hope my posting here does not jinx it.

40 years was average life on the old "Made in America" appliances. 6 to 10 years is now average on the "Made Anywhere except the USA" appliances.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/15/2015 05:37 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 15 Feb 2015 17:23:10 -0600, philo wrote:

One thing missing from the above list:

1988 Whirlpool washing machine that has not once required service.
Hope my posting here does not jinx it.

When it does fail, I can see a day at the range for target practice

Last time I did target shooting...a friend of mine who lived on a
mountain top brought out a bunch of ceramic cookie jars. Even though we
all knew they had some collectors value...they became targets and not
one of them survived.

I think I'll pass on hauling the old washer up a mountain and having a
shoot out.

I did take the motor out of the old one and hold it in my hand while I
recited Shakespeare's famous poem "Alas poor Yorick. Of course my poem
started out:

Alas poor Kenmore washer

and I went on to decry how it failed me right in the middle of a load of
socks and underwear.