Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Any swamp cooler stand kits out there?

Hi All,

My swamp cooler (Champion RWC50) is hanging from chains
in my window. Probably be a good idea to put it in
a stand.

Any kits for that out there?

Many thanks,
-T

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2015-01-24, Todd wrote:

My swamp cooler (Champion RWC50) is hanging from chains
in my window. Probably be a good idea to put it in
a stand.

Any kits for that out there?

I didn't see any, online. Jes get some angle iron and a welder
(rent?) or a drill motor, drill bits, and SS fasteners. It's the
perfect excuse to waste money on a electric hand bandsaw:

http://www.harborfreight.com/portabl...saw-47840.html

I love mine.

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2015-01-24, Todd wrote:

My swamp cooler (Champion RWC50) is hanging from chains
in my window. Probably be a good idea to put it in
a stand.

Any kits for that out there?

I didn't see any, online.

Neither did I

Jes get some angle iron and a welder
(rent?) or a drill motor, drill bits, and SS fasteners. It's the
perfect excuse to waste money on a electric hand bandsaw:

http://www.harborfreight.com/portabl...saw-47840.html

I love mine.

nb

Hi NotBob,

Cool. Thank you.

My neighbor's father is the quintessential handy man and
loves projects like this. I will hire him. He has
any and every kind of cool tool you can think of!

-T
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2015-01-24, Todd wrote:

My swamp cooler (Champion RWC50) is hanging from chains
in my window. Probably be a good idea to put it in
a stand.

Any kits for that out there?

I didn't see any, online. Jes get some angle iron and a welder
(rent?) or a drill motor, drill bits, and SS fasteners. It's the
perfect excuse to waste money on a electric hand bandsaw:

http://www.harborfreight.com/portabl...saw-47840.html

I love mine.

nb

Should I put a cement pad under it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2015-01-24, Todd wrote:

Should I put a cement pad under it?

Depends on the soil where you live. I have hard mountain rocky/clay
soil, so things like cement deck blocks would work fine:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_53770-64398-HB6990_0__

nb

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 13:00:13 -0800, Todd wrote:

My swamp cooler (Champion RWC50) is hanging from chains
in my window. Probably be a good idea to put it in
a stand.

mechanics creeper...

Roll it where you like

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=mechanics+creeper&iax=1&ia=images

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 1:00:17 PM UTC-8, Todd wrote:
Hi All,

My swamp cooler (Champion RWC50) is hanging from chains
in my window. Probably be a good idea to put it in
a stand.

Any kits for that out there?

Many thanks,
-T

If you have screw hooks into the window frame with chains that will hold 250 lbs that will work if the window sill is strong enough to support 250 lbs which should be easy to handle unless rotted.
As for a stand I would use wood but not a complete base/ top as the drain is usually on the bottom of them and the water will rot the wood very fast.. PVC makes a great stand if used with stakes to anchor it to the ground, it is not harmed by water however sunlight will harm some,spray paint will alleviate this.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/24/2015 05:29 PM, Ceaser wrote:
On Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 1:00:17 PM UTC-8, Todd wrote:
Hi All,

My swamp cooler (Champion RWC50) is hanging from chains
in my window. Probably be a good idea to put it in
a stand.

Any kits for that out there?

Many thanks,
-T

If you have screw hooks into the window frame with chains that will hold 250
lbs that will
work if the window sill is strong enough to support 250 lbs which

should be easy
to handle unless rotted.

Not yet, but that is my concern

As for a stand I would use wood but not a complete base/ top as the drain is
usually on the bottom of them and the water will rot the wood very

fast. PVC
makes a great stand if used with stakes to anchor it to the ground,

it is not
harmed by water however sunlight will harm some,spray paint will
alleviate this.

A plastic frame? Huh.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Ceaser wrote:

[...]

why not use a second set of chains attached about 6 inches back from the
first set on the cooler and about 12 inches offset outside the window
attachment
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 17:29:56 -0800 (PST), Ceaser
wrote:

On Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 1:00:17 PM UTC-8, Todd wrote:
Hi All,

My swamp cooler (Champion RWC50) is hanging from chains
in my window. Probably be a good idea to put it in
a stand.

Any kits for that out there?

Many thanks,

What is a swamp cooler?????

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 19:34:18 -0600, wrote:

What is a swamp cooler?????

It cools the swamp. Check it out on a search engine.

Home Guy from Canada didn't understand it either.
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Todd, Tricia Deml wrote:
mines on a stand and im going to hang it instead. my home made stand takes up
to much space.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/9m

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Todd, Tricia Deml wrote: