Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Vented Gas Heater

My house has two heat pumps. They work well most of time time, but when the temperature drops below 32, they're not so
good. I have a wall-mounted propane heater on the wall in my bedroom. We never run it when we're asleep. It is only used
for supplemental heat during the evening before bedtime.

I'd like to have a wall-mounted vented heater that can be run while we're asleep. Since the only place to mount it is on
an inside wall, how are these heaters vented? Do they require a hose being run from a port on the heater to the outside
of the house? The attic is just a few feet above the heater. It would not be that hard to run some sort of vent through
the inside wall and into the unfloored attic space.

What brands or models can you recommend for a bedroom?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 Jan 2015 10:56:20 -0500, mcp6453 wrote:

It would not be that hard to run some sort of vent through
the inside wall and into the unfloored attic space.

Damn if I would vent to the attic and terminate it there. Go through
the roof or see if through a side wall is even possible (power vent).
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, January 11, 2015 at 1:45:15 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 10 Jan 2015 10:56:20 -0500, mcp6453 wrote:

It would not be that hard to run some sort of vent through
the inside wall and into the unfloored attic space.

Damn if I would vent to the attic and terminate it there. Go through
the roof or see if through a side wall is even possible (power vent).

I didn't pick up on that. I guess I thought he meant to continue
to run it on out the roof. If he means to just end it in the attic,
I'm sure that's a code violation and bad idea. Aside from possible
CO issues, he'd be dumping water into the attic, where it will condense
and rot the house, grow mold, etc.

Propane space heater - vented vs unvented??? sandy Home Ownership 7 January 13th 08 03:27 AM
vented f & e rocky UK diy 1 September 1st 06 10:11 PM
Gas fireplace - vented/non-vented The Other Mike Home Ownership 0 September 29th 05 11:10 PM
Unvented water heater, becomes vented Aidan UK diy 7 July 5th 05 09:18 PM
High Efficiency Water Heater: Wall vented: Abandon chimney Milwaukee Tom Home Repair 4 March 8th 05 09:43 PM