Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gas boiler will not come on.

Hello,

I have a gas boilerIt is a peerless 61-05-STDG-S. Every week or so, I have
to go into the basement and make sure to add water too it because it shuts
down if it runs out. Well it must have been colder than normal because it
ran out faster than it usually does. So now the heater is completely off.
First off, I thought it was the pilot, but turns out that is still lit. So
I researched a little bit last night and some things I tried so far are I
tried turning the thermostat off, the breaker off, and the switch above
the furnace off and turned them back on. Even tried just breaker and
thermostat or switch and thermostat. I did try to give each a few minutes
as well before turning them back on. Nothing also when I have power to it,
and try to turn it on from the thermostat, it sounds like it is firing,
but nothing happens, usually you can hear the fans come on. The firing
doesn't seem as regular though, usually it would go with every turn of the
thermostat but it doenst seem to be doing it. Any help would be greatly
appreciated! I also tried draining out all the water from the LWCO and
putting in some more. From some further looking I found the vent safety
shut off switch. I was looking for a light type switch and thats how I
missed it. It was just a small little metal thing and I saw it was turned
that the vent was off. I turned it back to on using pliers because it was
difficult. I did this with the breaker and switch for the boiler shut
off. I turned them back on and it tripped right away. Tried again and
the same thing. From what I read this happens form excess heat. Which at
this point isn't possible since its been off for 2 days and only the pilot
remains. I don't know what to do at this point.

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Maloysius, Maloysius wrote:
Maloysius wrote:

[...]

Problem solved the vent safety shut off just needed to be reset. I hit
reset button and it worked. Mine was black instead of red so it was
really hard to even see it was a button.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/9/2015 2:44 PM, Maloysius wrote:
Hello,

I have a gas boilerIt is a peerless 61-05-STDG-S. Every week or so, I have
to go into the basement and make sure to add water too it because it shuts
down if it runs out. Well it must have been colder than normal because it
ran out faster than it usually does. So now the heater is completely off.

This is Usenet, not a web forum. Please do
some research, and figure out where you're
going.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/9/2015 5:44 PM, Maloysius wrote:
happens form excess heat. Which at this point isn't possible since its

been
off
for 2 days and only the pilot remains. I don't know what to do at this

point.

Problem solved the vent safety shut off just needed to be reset. I hit
reset button and it worked. Mine was black instead of red so it was
really hard to even see it was a button.

Moaners Hub poster has better follow up than
some locals and regulars.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/9/2015 5:44 PM, Maloysius wrote:
Problem solved the vent safety shut off just needed to be reset. I hit
reset button and it worked. Mine was black instead of red so it was
really hard to even see it was a button.

Safety is there for.... wait for it....
your safety. If it happens a second time,
please call a service company to check the
system.

You may have a valid and serious... wait
for it..... safety problem.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, January 9, 2015 at 2:44:04 PM UTC-5, Maloysius wrote:
[...]

add a auto refilll water system so this doesnt happen again