Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sliding door update

A couple of weeks ago I asked about sliding patio doors. We looked at a
few and decided on Marvin. Seems well made and should outlast me.

We did look at Pella,but decided against them. I did not like the idea
of rewarding them for my door failing. Provia was mentioned, but the
dealer is some distance away and the price was estimated to be much
higher than I wanted to spend.

The local Marvin dealer is a three location lumber/home store with a
good reputation. It will be a few weeks for delivery so I;m hoping for
a mild day or two in January to get it installed. This is the main door
for us as it is much easier to use than the front or back entries.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 16:50:26 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

A couple of weeks ago I asked about sliding patio doors. We looked at a
few and decided on Marvin. Seems well made and should outlast me.

We did look at Pella,but decided against them. I did not like the idea
of rewarding them for my door failing. Provia was mentioned, but the
dealer is some distance away and the price was estimated to be much
higher than I wanted to spend.

The local Marvin dealer is a three location lumber/home store with a
good reputation. It will be a few weeks for delivery so I;m hoping for
a mild day or two in January to get it installed. This is the main door
for us as it is much easier to use than the front or back entries.

I'm happy for you Ed. You picked what you thought was best.
--
"I don’t have an indoor loo." -- Bill Schulz

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/14/2014 4:50 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
A couple of weeks ago I asked about sliding patio doors. We looked at a
few and decided on Marvin. Seems well made and should outlast me.

We did look at Pella,but decided against them. I did not like the idea
of rewarding them for my door failing. Provia was mentioned, but the
dealer is some distance away and the price was estimated to be much
higher than I wanted to spend.

The local Marvin dealer is a three location lumber/home store with a
good reputation. It will be a few weeks for delivery so I;m hoping for
a mild day or two in January to get it installed. This is the main door
for us as it is much easier to use than the front or back entries.

Thanx for the follow up. I'm sure you will be pleased.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/14/2014 3:50 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
A couple of weeks ago I asked about sliding patio doors. We looked at
a few and decided on Marvin. Seems well made and should outlast me.

We did look at Pella,but decided against them. I did not like the
idea of rewarding them for my door failing.

That's why my sister went with Anderson after every Marvin window in
her house began rotting. They had come from a production run that had
been treated with a bad batch of sealer. Marvin knew of the problem
and told all of the affected customers, tough ****, sue the
manufacturer of the sealer. Marvin and Anderson are both local
manufacturers here, so Marvin's decision as how (not) to handle their
defective products was huge news.

That's not to say that any of the other manufacturers would have
handled it any differently. You really don't know until you have a
problem.

SLIDING DOOR shock current UK diy 0 August 9th 09 01:02 PM
Converting normal door to be a sliding door? dmc UK diy 12 November 10th 08 05:57 PM
Fitting a 71' french door into a 74" sliding door opening Greg Kroll Home Repair 4 March 29th 08 12:17 AM
UPDATE on Grizzly Sliding Router Table Model G0528.. Finally! HMFIC-1369+++ Woodworking 3 September 7th 05 03:19 PM
Update 4 BIllyB Grizzly G0528 Sliding Router table....Right or Wrong It loses! HMFIC- 1369 Woodworking 4 August 28th 05 04:36 PM