Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - What to do with old CDs?

I have about adozen old CDs that I no longer need or want. Ican just toss them, but thought maybe someone here had come up with other uses, like making a weird wind chime or something.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 10:09:43 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

I have about adozen old CDs that I no longer need or want. Ican just toss them, but thought maybe someone here had come up with other uses, like making a weird wind chime or something.

Use one as a reflective signal mirror - kept in your vehicle, boat...
--
Somtimes you just have a bad day at the dungeon
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message

Use one as a reflective signal mirror - kept in your vehicle, boat...

Gardeners in England hang them to flash in the
sun and wind and keep birds off the vegetables.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have about adozen old CDs that I no longer need or want. Ican just toss
them, but thought maybe someone here had come up with other uses, like
making a weird wind chime or something.

"Oren" wrote in message
.. .

Use one as a reflective signal mirror - kept in your vehicle, boat...

Gardeners in England hang them to flash in the
sun and wind and keep birds off the vegetables.

ISTR reading about CDs being used as spacers between circular saw
blades stored on a dowel, stacked on a wall. Blades don't contact
each other.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I have about adozen old CDs that I no longer need or want. Ican just toss
them, but thought maybe someone here had come up with other uses, like
making a weird wind chime or something.

Hanging from a string, they make great Targets!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have about adozen old CDs that I no longer need or want. Ican just toss
them, but thought maybe someone here had come up with other uses, like
making a weird wind chime or something.

"Oren" wrote in message
.. .

Use one as a reflective signal mirror - kept in your vehicle, boat...

Gardeners in England hang them to flash in the
sun and wind and keep birds off the vegetables.

They used to. Now they use DVDs instead. Higher capacity.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have about adozen old CDs that I no longer need or want. Ican just toss them, but thought maybe someone here had come up with other uses, like making a weird wind chime or something.

Is there a Freecycle where you live, or something similar. A mailing
list where you give things away to people who want them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 14:34:38 -0500, "BurfordTJustice"
wrote:

Hanging from a string, they make great Targets!

Not unless they are swinging. Moving targets. You might put bullets
in the tree.

....pay attention
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message

Use one as a reflective signal mirror - kept in your vehicle, boat...

Gardeners in England hang them to flash in the
sun and wind and keep birds off the vegetables.

They do that in the States too! My wife uses them in her kitchen garden
and it keeps all the fauna away from her florag

Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:
I have about adozen old CDs that I no longer need or want. Ican just
toss them, but thought maybe someone here had come up with other uses,
like making a weird wind chime or something.

Hanging mobile. Drill holes in out rim.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

Copy me in private with what titles/artists.

Donate to Goodwill/Salvation Army.

Posted to alt.home.repair

These CDs have technical information on them, not of any use to anyone except engineers, and really not even useful for them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

5:20 wrote
"These CDs have technical information on them, not of any use to anyone except engineers, and really not even useful for them. "

Oh! Did not see mention of that in your orig. post. Sorry!
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message

Use one as a reflective signal mirror - kept in your vehicle, boat...

Gardeners in England hang them to flash in the
sun and wind and keep birds off the vegetables.

They do that in the States too! My wife uses them in her kitchen garden
and it keeps all the fauna away from her florag

I thought the biggest fauna, deers, ate mostly at dusk when there was no
sun to flash off the CDs.

Do they eat at dawn too? Still, no direct sunlight.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message

Use one as a reflective signal mirror - kept in your vehicle, boat...

Gardeners in England hang them to flash in the
sun and wind and keep birds off the vegetables.

They do that in the States too! My wife uses them in her kitchen garden
and it keeps all the fauna away from her florag

I thought the biggest fauna, deers, ate mostly at dusk when there was no
sun to flash off the CDs.

Do they eat at dawn too? Still, no direct sunlight.

Lots of things reflect without scaring birds, but reflecting lets birds
know a CD is present. Humans might not know flying saucers were present
if the ETs didn't turn on their flashing lights. Humans aren't scared
of flashing lights. They're scared of unidentified flying objects.

Some people have no luck keeping deer away with CDs. I suppose they
have to be hung where the deer will see them in the dark, and the
location has to have enough wind to move them. I suppose the deer leave
because it's an unidentified flying object.

Humans also tend to get uneasy when they encounter a moving object they
can't account for in the dark.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Oren" wrote in message

Use one as a reflective signal mirror - kept in your vehicle, boat...

Gardeners in England hang them to flash in the
sun and wind and keep birds off the vegetables.

They do that in the States too! My wife uses them in her kitchen garden
and it keeps all the fauna away from her florag

I thought the biggest fauna, deers, ate mostly at dusk when there was no
sun to flash off the CDs.

Do they eat at dawn too? Still, no direct sunlight.

Lots of things reflect without scaring birds, but reflecting lets birds
know a CD is present. Humans might not know flying saucers were present
if the ETs didn't turn on their flashing lights.

You make a lot of good points. Doesn't the FAA require that the ETs use
flashing lights when over USA-governed territory?

Humans aren't scared
of flashing lights. They're scared of unidentified flying objects.

Some people have no luck keeping deer away with CDs. I suppose they
have to be hung where the deer will see them in the dark, and the
location has to have enough wind to move them. I suppose the deer leave
because it's an unidentified flying object.

Humans also tend to get uneasy when they encounter a moving object they
can't account for in the dark.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/22/14, 2:23 PM, micky wrote:
You make a lot of good points. Doesn't the FAA require that the ETs use
flashing lights when over USA-governed territory?

That's under Catch-22. ET's are required to travel by UFO, but if they
turn on identification lights and transponders as required, they're no
longer unidentified flying objects. Any ET who doesn't want to end up
at GTMO had better retain a good lawyer.

I was not surprised to discover that the FAA's UFO regulations are under
Section 8.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 22 Nov 2014 14:23:14 -0500, micky
wrote:

Doesn't the FAA require that the ETs use
flashing lights when over USA-governed territory?

No. Not in Area 51. Try to keep up, will ya?

Located on the world's only Extraterrestrial Highway
Population: Humans 98, Aliens ??

Note: The gas station in Rachel is closed. The nearest gas stations
are 50 miles south in Ash Springs and 110 miles north in Tonopah.

http://ethighway.com/