Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Transmatic

My lawn tractor has a Transmatic transmission. It slips in "5th gear". A
transmatic has a drive belt coming off of the engine which goes to a double
pulley. A belt travels from this pulley to a gearbox/ axle which drives the
rear wheels. The gearbox selects forward and reverse but not speed. Speed is
selected by moving the double pulley forwards and backwards.
I pulled apart the tractor and the drive belts looked beat so I replaced
them. No help. Went through the various belt adjustments. No help. Sprated
belt dressing around. No help.
Need some advice.

Dave M.