Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cat odor solutions?

Interesting,

Having been in the remediation industry for years, there is no smell I have smelled which is worse than cat urine, nor is their any odor more difficult to eliminate, especially when it was a long standing problem as many describe here.

The problem is the bacteria which becomes airborne as small molecules which stick to everything, so when you bleach or paint over floors, the smell remains. A total rehab is often the only way to rid a home of car urine smell which lingers on for years even without cats in a building any longer. Simply amazing, but I have smelled enough homes to wonder how this is even possible to have these odors linger for years after cats have been long gone.

There is no one solution which works in all cases, this is a fact, it takes multiple strategies to purge this awful smell from saturated homes which were neglected for years, and this is not as uncommon as most may think. I got into the green-homes.com business as I have severe allergies and asthma who was looking for an answer to my own allergies. Turns out after testing, I was allergic to everything, pollen, dust, pet dander and most of all, cat urine odors. I spent most of my life with special anti-bacterial masks like used in containment spills when working.

Long story short, after reading all the posts here, their is still no one answer or solution to rid homes of the smell of cat urine. Bleach, bio-remediation solutions, nutralizers, painting over, replacing ducting for heating, nothing will eliminate totally the residual odor, especially for someone like me who is so allergic. I walk into some homes for social function and have to add them to my list of never to enter again homes. lol That is how sensitive I am on allergins like cat urine. The only way to control and eventually eliminate these issues is with advanced technology of air sanitizers placed by litter box which captures odor molecules and destroys them before they escape and travel throughout home. When you do a vapor test, you would be amazed to see how air moves from room to room. Green-Homes.com is the only answer I have found to control cat urine smells and I have seen it all over the years, finally, an easy low cost effective solution. Cat urine odor molecules stick to everything like glue. And this is the real problem. PERIOD.

Good luck,
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 18 Sep 2014 05:37:37 -0700 (PDT), Green-Homes
wrote:

Interesting,

Having been in the remediation industry for years, there is no smell I have=
smelled which is worse than cat urine, nor is their any odor more difficul=
t to eliminate, especially when it was a long standing problem as many desc=
ribe here.

I can't see what this is in answer to, but my friend's wife has a car
that had cat urine. Some put a bunch of sage in the center console and
it smells strange but certainly not as bad as cat. I've spent an hour
at a time in the car and it's really okay. (Maybe it's time to take the
sage out?)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Interesting,

Having been in the remediation industry for years, there is no smell I have=
smelled which is worse than cat urine, nor is their any odor more difficul=
t to eliminate, especially when it was a long standing problem as many desc=
ribe here.

I can't see what this is in answer to, but my friend's wife has a car
that had cat urine. Some put a bunch of sage in the center console and
it smells strange but certainly not as bad as cat. I've spent an hour
at a time in the car and it's really okay. (Maybe it's time to take the
sage out?)

Big strands of it, as it grows, not as, I assume, it comes out of a
spice bottle. Although maybe that would work too??

Cat odor solutions? [email protected] Home Repair 38 May 14th 14 11:13 AM
Getting rid of odor from a fire Donald Mac Donald Home Repair 5 June 13th 07 03:28 AM
email extractor , site , solutions , email based marketing , email marketing solution , email extractor , newsletter software , mass email , e-mail marketing , email marketing solutions , bulk email software , web advertising , email marketing , mark Nuclear Incorporation. www.nuclear-inc.com UK diy 0 April 5th 07 09:31 PM
bathroom odor House Maven Home Repair 4 December 2nd 06 10:14 AM
Water with NO odor has an odor AFTER osmosis filtering... [email protected] Home Repair 4 October 19th 06 01:19 AM