Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default non-porcelain bathtub repair question

I've got an 11 yr old non-porcelain tub that has had a couple hairline
cracks in the base of it. These don't leak but I think I should do
something to get rid of the structural weakness that this sets up,
before the cracks widen.

I've got some white Bondo that I recently used for an exterior wood
repair job. All the repair info I've seen on this stuff has putting in
some fiberglass "netting", and then applying the epoxy stuff. I doubt
that's necessary for dealing with a hairline crack.

Any suggestions?

Thanks