Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 80 year old conduit

After some wiring upgrades in my house I went around with an outlet
tester to confirm all polarities and grounds were correct.

All tested good.

Later, doing some plumbing work, I noticed that on one run of conduit
(from 1932) is loose at the junction box due to stripped threads.

Even though the ground on the circuits associated with this run test OK
with a circuit tester, with my ohm meter it shows 200 ohms and I don't
like that.

I took two ground clamps and connected them to either side of the poor
junction and wired them together and the ground at the outlets shows
about one ohm which should be OK.

My question is:

Is it permissible to leave things like that? If not I might as well
replace the entire run...which is going to be a PITA.

Otherwise, since there are just a few lamps on these circuits, can I use
a two prong outlet...the type with no ground? I see they are still being
sold so presume there are some uses for them.

12 year-old girl and others charged in beating and branding incidentof 15-year-old AWS Electronics Repair 0 March 6th 11 04:37 AM
Conduit help stryped[_3_] Metalworking 1 December 7th 09 05:54 PM
SOFIANE BAHRI 0021275831620 new year 2007 new year 2007 new year 2007 Sofiane Le King Of Internet UK diy 0 January 1st 07 11:50 AM
Blocked Conduit - Need to See in 3/4" Conduit - Fibre optic Camera? Scott Townsend Home Repair 15 October 15th 06 06:35 PM
OEF: Sgt. Anton Hiett of Mount Airy, a 25-year-old Army reservist who volunteered to go to Afghanistan a medic, leaves behind a wife, Misty, and a 2-year-old daughter, Kyra. Woodworking 0 March 16th 06 11:16 AM