DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   "Are you a Jew?" (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/373149-re-you-jew.html)

Todd August 11th 14 11:01 PM

"Are you a Jew?"

On 08/11/2014 02:07 PM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 13:11:00 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 08/11/2014 01:00 PM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 12:09:49 -0700, Todd wrote:

Did you know that the department of education has
a swat team?

I do. As do many other federal agencies. Many of them do not even
have federal law enforcement authority, at least not for "every"
employee.

And the libs are okay with this?

Sure they are. Government is their savior. Throw more money at a
problem instead of finding a solution. Ask the ole hag Higgs. She will
explain it for you. She is an elitist superior thinker and knows what
is best for you. Ask her. You are not allowed to think for yourself,
according to the libs.

Hi Oren,

I though Higgs was a "he". I asked he/she/it what he/she/it
was on another group, but he/she/it did not answer me.

Is it just me or just as soon as the lefties got legal
access to marijuana, they suddenly stopped caring about
privacy, police states, etc.?

-T

Don't sound out he/she/it. Oh now you just did, didn't you!

I hail from Douglas County, not Alpine County. Alpine is
nice to visit, but is still in the PRC. You have to make sure
there are no magnetic signs or painted signs on your car, or
you will get ticketed for doing business in the PRC without
a license.

We are getting thunderstorm every day for the past three weeks.
How about you?

rbowman August 12th 14 02:03 PM

"Are you a Jew?"

Todd wrote:

This will be wild ride for sure. I don't think the
"front runner" at this time has ever got the nomination
anyway, but I could be wrong.

I honestly can't remember but it's even too early in the game to talk about
a front runner. I'm sure Clinton considers herself the queen and thinks she
deserves the job but she has to dodge the rotten tomatoes for more than a
year. When you get right down to it her resume is light; carpetbagger
Senator and Sec. of State during a series of foreign policy fiascos.

Stormin Mormon[_10_] August 12th 14 03:18 PM

"Are you a Jew?"

It is not looking good, with the
surge of Muslim violence in the
Middle East. Hope the Jews have
lots of iron dome rockets on hand.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Oren[_2_] August 12th 14 08:40 PM

"Are you a Jew?"

On Mon, 11 Aug 2014 15:01:07 -0700, Todd wrote:

[...]

She never returns to ever say what fixed here problems when she asks
for DIY advice. Folks give it to her. She could at least say what she
did or if the advice fixed the problem.

Is it just me or just as soon as the lefties got legal
access to marijuana, they suddenly stopped caring about
privacy, police states, etc.?

shrugs It isn't so much the Mary Jane than it is the Saul Alinsky
liberal college education. They form little "victim groups" and act
out on silliness.

Don't sound out he/she/it. Oh now you just did, didn't you!

A former poster gave here the nickname "ole hag". He wasn't talking
about Merle, either. I tried to get them to hook up for a date.

I hail from Douglas County, not Alpine County. Alpine is
nice to visit, but is still in the PRC. You have to make sure
there are no magnetic signs or painted signs on your car, or
you will get ticketed for doing business in the PRC without
a license.

I'll be staying away from Alpine County now, for sure. I was mistaken
that it was near you, but didn't check for certain.

We are getting thunderstorm every day for the past three weeks.
How about you?

No rain. Humidity is dang high ~ 20- 30% for a few days now.

Todd August 12th 14 08:55 PM

"Are you a Jew?"

On 08/12/2014 12:40 PM, Oren wrote:
I'll be staying away from Alpine County now, for sure. I was mistaken
that it was near you, but didn't check for certain.

It is our next door neighbor. I fish there occasionally.
But, no guns and you have to stash your radar detector.
(Some weird law about not having anything attached
to your front window. No problem, my detector catches their
asses on my floor too.)

And, no business marking of any kind on your car.

The PRC does not seem to comprehend that you can't
have person freedom without economic freedom

Oren[_2_] August 12th 14 09:12 PM

"Are you a Jew?"

On Tue, 12 Aug 2014 12:55:10 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 08/12/2014 12:40 PM, Oren wrote:
I'll be staying away from Alpine County now, for sure. I was mistaken
that it was near you, but didn't check for certain.

It is our next door neighbor. I fish there occasionally.
But, no guns and you have to stash your radar detector.

Oh. I crossed the border there on time trying to get across the Sierra
Mountains. Black Rock Dessert? Roads were still snowed in the PRC in
June, so we had to go to Reno, cross the border and come down from the
North to Gold Country and the Forests...

They never knew about my gun :)

(Some weird law about not having anything attached
to your front window. No problem, my detector catches their
asses on my floor too.)

And, no business marking of any kind on your car.

The PRC does not seem to comprehend that you can't
have person freedom without economic freedom

Governor Moonbeam :)

Todd August 12th 14 10:13 PM

"Are you a Jew?"

On 08/12/2014 01:12 PM, Oren wrote:
Governor Moonbeam :)

He is an odd sort for a politician. He keeps his
word. An actual honest man. Got to respect
that.

And, for a loony tunes leftist, he is actually a
fiscal conservative. I would love it if the Dems/Libs
were to run him against our guy. At least he would
do a better job than the current crowd if we lost
to them, again!

Rbowman, Higgs: dump Hillary and draft Moonbeam!

Oren[_2_] August 12th 14 11:11 PM

"Are you a Jew?"

On Tue, 12 Aug 2014 14:13:43 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 08/12/2014 01:12 PM, Oren wrote:
Governor Moonbeam :)

He is an odd sort for a politician. He keeps his
word. An actual honest man. Got to respect
that.

And, for a loony tunes leftist, he is actually a
fiscal conservative. I would love it if the Dems/Libs
were to run him against our guy. At least he would
do a better job than the current crowd if we lost
to them, again!

Hah

Rbowman, Higgs: dump Hillary and draft Moonbeam!

Bah - won't happen.

rbowman August 13th 14 04:26 AM

"Are you a Jew?"

trader_4 wrote:

Well, I guess you're so far left that you won't be voting for her.
Dennis Kucinich perhaps? Those "interventionist" statements she made
are something that every Democratic president going back to at least
WWII would agree with. But not today's Democrats, which is scarey.

Yeah, I'm far left like Pat Buchanan. You might appreciate the books
mentioned at

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/08/n...w2-propaganda/

The US is going bankrupt sticking its nose into every half-assed fight in
the world. Consider this: the British Empire was at its zenith aeound 1910.
It played the balance of power game, embroiled itsef in two wars, and is a
toothless flea-bitten lion now. Is that what you want for the US?

rbowman August 13th 14 04:30 AM

"Are you a Jew?"

Stormin Mormon wrote:

It is not looking good, with the
surge of Muslim violence in the
Middle East. Hope the Jews have
lots of iron dome rockets on hand.

The US just gifted them with a couple of hundred million for the next trip
to the candy store. Nothing like using up Tamirs at $US 40,000 a pop to
maybe blowup a flying sewer pipe.

rbowman August 13th 14 04:34 AM

"Are you a Jew?"

Todd wrote:

Rbowman, Higgs: dump Hillary and draft Moonbeam!

The hell with that. Linda Ronstadt for President! Give me weed, whites, and
wine and show me a sign and I'll be willing.

Todd August 13th 14 05:11 AM

"Are you a Jew?"

On 08/12/2014 08:34 PM, rbowman wrote:
Todd wrote:

Rbowman, Higgs: dump Hillary and draft Moonbeam!

The hell with that. Linda Ronstadt for President! Give me weed, whites, and
wine and show me a sign and I'll be willing.

Seriously. He is a fiscal conservative and an
honest man. It you are going to beat us again,
at least have some like him.

rbowman August 13th 14 06:19 AM

"Are you a Jew?"

Todd wrote:

Seriously. He is a fiscal conservative and an
honest man. It you are going to beat us again,
at least have some like him.

You? Us? You seem to have mistaken me for a Democrat. Don't mistake me for a
Republican, either.

trader_4 August 13th 14 02:06 PM

"Are you a Jew?"

On Tuesday, August 12, 2014 11:26:56 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
trader_4 wrote:

Well, I guess you're so far left that you won't be voting for her.

Dennis Kucinich perhaps? Those "interventionist" statements she made

are something that every Democratic president going back to at least

WWII would agree with. But not today's Democrats, which is scarey.

Yeah, I'm far left like Pat Buchanan. You might appreciate the books

mentioned at

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/08/n...w2-propaganda/

The US is going bankrupt sticking its nose into every half-assed fight in

the world. Consider this: the British Empire was at its zenith aeound 1910.

It played the balance of power game, embroiled itsef in two wars, and is a

toothless flea-bitten lion now. Is that what you want for the US?

How much did ignoring the threat from Hitler, until it was a world war
cost? It cost 60 mil lives, on top of unprecedented sums of money. What
will the cost be of a state like Iran, that's one step removed
from muslim terrorists, finishing their development of nukes? muslim
nuts that want to die and take us all with them?

PS: Just because Buchanan and Ron Paul are loons, doesn't mean that
there aren't loons on the left.

trader_4 August 13th 14 02:13 PM

"Are you a Jew?"

trader_4 wrote:

[...]

PS PS: Forgot to add, if you've been reading fairy tale propaganda books
like those on the list, I can see why you're all confused. Roosevelt
"provoked" Japan, causing WWII? Japan had been invading, bombing, conquering
Asia for years and trying to put the blame on Roosevelt is about as
dumb and dishonest as it gets. It's like blaming the last victim in
a string of rapes for standing up to the rapist. "Gee, if Jane hadn't
shot him, I just know in my liberal heart that he would have reformed
himself. He didn't deserve that! Let's blame Jane!" What's next, join
Higgs in claiming John McCain is a phony war hero who was treated well by
the North Vietnamese? Good grief.

nestork August 13th 14 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trader_4 (Post 3271375)
What's next, join Higgs in claiming John McCain is a phony war hero who was treated well by the North Vietnamese?

No, we live in a world where we see more heroism on TV and at the movies than we see in real life, and so that promotes cynicism as to what to expect from real people in real life.

But, there are those among us that realize that it's important to keep one's wits when all around you are losing theirs, and real heroes emerge from those times. We see that every time the President bestows the Presidential Medal of Honour on a soldier, who regardless of what might be said about him or her, was fighting for his friends that were getting killed all around him, and not for the liberty of the people of the country he was fighting in.

I believe John McCain did suffer in the Hanoi Hilton along with all of the POWs there. I don't believe he was any more of a hero than any other POW, but if we call John a hero, then we have to call them all heroes, and I see nothing wrong with that. They all held together better than I would have.

trader_4 August 13th 14 04:37 PM

"Are you a Jew?"

On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 10:35:39 AM UTC-4, nestork wrote:
trader_4;3271375 Wrote:

What's next, join Higgs in claiming John McCain is a phony war hero who

was treated well by the North Vietnamese?

No, we live in a world where we see more heroism on TV and at the movies

than we see in real life, and so that promotes cynicism as to what to

expect from real people in real life.

But, there are those among us that realize that it's important to keep

one's wits when all around you are losing theirs, and real heroes

emerge from those times. We see that every time the President bestows

the Presidential Medal of Honour on a soldier, who regardless of what

might be said about him or her, was fighting for his friends that were

getting killed all around him, and not for the liberty of the people of

the country he was fighting in.

How do you know what anyone was or wasn't fighting for? I've seen
plenty of war heroes that made it clear that they were fighting for
a lot more than their friends. Plenty of soldiers interviewed have
made that clear too. If all they were concerned about was
the lives of their friends, they could have just stayed home to begin
with. It is a volunteer military today, you know.

I believe John McCain did suffer in the Hanoi Hilton along with all of

the POWs there. I don't believe he was any more of a hero than any

other POW, but if we call John a hero, then we have to call them all

heroes, and I see nothing wrong with that. They all held together

better than I would have.

Someone should explain that to the village idiot Higgs.

Oren[_2_] August 13th 14 04:57 PM

"Are you a Jew?"

On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 16:35:39 +0200, nestork
wrote:

I believe John McCain did suffer in the Hanoi Hilton along with all of
the POWs there. I don't believe he was any more of a hero than any
other POW, but if we call John a hero, then we have to call them all
heroes, and I see nothing wrong with that. They all held together
better than I would have.

John McCain is modest about being called a hero. As are others;
including MOH winners.. They will tell you they were simply doing
what they signed up for ( killin' people and blowin' **** up)...Duty
Honor Country and keeping their Oath to protect and defend the United
State Constitution.

The Fort Hood shooter is not a hero; nor is Bergdahl! That's my
opinion about that even though they wore a uniform.

Hiiggs was here defending Pvt. Manning. That poor child was in
unbearable conditions in an Army Stockade - she thought - LMAO.

trader_4 August 13th 14 05:39 PM

"Are you a Jew?"

wrote:

I believe John McCain did suffer in the Hanoi Hilton along with all of

the POWs there. I don't believe he was any more of a hero than any

other POW, but if we call John a hero, then we have to call them all

heroes, and I see nothing wrong with that. They all held together

better than I would have.

John McCain is modest about being called a hero. As are others;

including MOH winners.. They will tell you they were simply doing

what they signed up for ( killin' people and blowin' **** up)...Duty

Honor Country and keeping their Oath to protect and defend the United

State Constitution.

The Fort Hood shooter is not a hero; nor is Bergdahl! That's my

opinion about that even though they wore a uniform.

Hiiggs was here defending Pvt. Manning. That poor child was in

unbearable conditions in an Army Stockade - she thought - LMAO.

Last I heard, Chucky Schmucky Hagel was personally involved with
getting Manning transferred to a civilian prison so she/he/it (I
don't want to get it wrong and offend the politically correct crowd),
can get a sex change. You think Chucky got involved in helping say
any of the vets that weren't getting treated at the VA? And the lucky
tax payers will get to pay for the sex change too. What a great
system, betray your country, get a free sex change!

Oren[_2_] August 13th 14 05:57 PM

"Are you a Jew?"

wrote:

[...]

Chuckle. https://tinyurl.com/l7zzddg

Chelsea Elizabeth Manning (cough) will still be detained under the
name he/she/it was convicted and remanded under in court records.
Maybe the crooks will call it Peaches.

A sex change transition creates a management problem - where do you
confine the creature? Federal Co-Ed prisons are a thing of the past.
FCI Pleasanton, California was one. Lt. sent an officer to strip
search a male inmate and process him. The Officer later returns: Lt.,
I didn't see anything that resembled a dick!

nestork August 13th 14 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trader_4 (Post 3271475)
Someone should explain that to the village idiot Higgs.

Oh, and here I thought you still considered me to be the village idiot.

Sorry Higgs, but this village isn't big enough for two idiots.

Trader: you have your opinions. Higgs has his/hers. Just because they don't agree, it doesn't make either of you an idiot. That is, two perfectly ground gears won't necessarily mesh together perfectly. People have a right to their opinions, regardless of how idiotic anyone else considers them to be. Isn't that one of the rights and priviledges of being a US citizen as opposed to living under Stalin or a North Korean dictator where you can be jailed or even killed for expressing your real opinions?

Personally, I think a lot of people in the rest of the world would say that Bradley Manning and Ed Snowdon did THE REST OF THE WORLD a service by exposing US government evesdropping on it citizens and military allies. But, it didn't go over so well with the US government. Just goes to show ya, the difference between a terrorist and a freedom fighter lies entirely in which side of a border you live on.

I wouldn't sweat about Bradly Manning and Ed Snowdon. Military espionage has been going on as long as there has been conflict between nations, but it doesn't make much of a difference because the technology being stolen changes so quickly. A few years ago we were hearing about experimental LED light bulbs. Today we're buying them. I fully expect there's the same rate of change in things like stealth technology, satellite imaging, targeting using GPS satellite feeds, communications evesdropping capability, quieting submarine propellers to sonar and hiding jet engines from heat seeking missiles, and whatever else you can and can't even imagine. No one knew the US had a stealth figher called the F-117A until they revealed it in the first Gulf War by knocking out Iraqi radar sites before the Iraqi's even knew there was anything coming at them. Now, any fighter aircraft that anyone makes pretty well has to be stealth to compete in the world weapons trade. Manning and Snowdon will go down as a footnote in the history books, they won't be a significant part of the history itself.

Todd August 14th 14 06:25 PM

"Are you a Jew?"

On 08/13/2014 02:44 PM, nestork wrote:
Just goes to
show ya, the difference between a terrorist and a freedom fighter lies
entirely in which side of a border you live on.

That is just an attempt to be "open minded". The actual difference
is the way you act.

nestork August 15th 14 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd (Post 3271911)
That is just an attempt to be "open minded". The actual difference
is the way you act.

That is what the State of Israel wants people to believe.

While it's true that Palestinians are shooting rockets willy-nilly into Israel, thereby killing mostly civilians, it's also true that they have no other means of waging war with Israel. They don't have a military, they don't have tanks or jet aircraft or artillery or access to American satellite intelligence. They are a loosely organized bunch that are attacking Israel with whatever weapons are available to them.

The real problem is that when you force a people into a situation where they have no other means of waging war, they will fight with whatever means and weapons are available to them. You might call that "terrorism". The Palestinians call their sons, and brothers and husbands "freedom fighters".

If the Palestinians had rockets capable of targeting individual buildings, they would use those to hit political, military and economic targets in Israel. But, what they have are point and shoot rockets that don't have that kind of accuracy. For firing those rockets, and killing civilians as a result, they are branded "terrorists". If the good state of Israel would kindly provide the Palestinians with more accurate rockets, the Palestinians would be targeting Israeli military installations and would not be killing Israeli civilians.

Kurt Ullman August 15th 14 02:18 AM

"Are you a Jew?"

In article ,
nestork wrote:

Todd;3271911 Wrote:

That is just an attempt to be "open minded". The actual difference
is the way you act.

That is what the State of Israel wants people to believe.

While it's true that Palestinians are shooting rockets willy-nilly into
Israel, thereby killing mostly civilians, it's also true that they have
no other means of waging war with Israel. They don't have a military,
they don't have tanks or jet aircraft or artillery or access to American
satellite intelligence. They are a loosely organized bunch that are
attacking Israel with whatever weapons are available to them.

Which means they aren't Palestinians, they are Hamas. BIG difference,
although one of the weirdnesses of Israeli policy is that they don't
want to work with the Palestinian Authority to help control Hamas.

The real problem is that when you force a people into a situation where
they have no other means of waging war, they will fight with whatever
means and weapons are available to them. You might call that
"terrorism". The Palestinians call their sons, and brothers and
husbands "freedom fighters".

Again, I don't think you can use Palestinians and Hamas
interchangabely.

--
³Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive,
but what they conceal is vital.²

nestork August 15th 14 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt Ullman (Post 3272060)
Again, I don't think you can use Palestinians and Hamas interchangabely.

I understand it this way:

Palestinians are the dirt poor people who had their land stolen from them by squatters.

Hamas are the terrorists funded largely by Iran who are doing what little they can about it, and that mostly involves terrorizing Israeli civilians by firing rockets at them.

The Israelis are the people who are squatting on Palestinian land... and who are at odds with all of the pro-Palestinian nations around them largely because those nations refuse to recognize Israel's right to squat on Palestinian land.

That's about the long and the short of it, isn't it?

Stormin Mormon[_10_] August 15th 14 07:42 AM

"Are you a Jew?"

On 8/14/2014 7:35 PM, nestork wrote:

[...]

Folks who follow this more closely than I will provide a bit more
insight. But, hasn't Israel provided more than a couple chances for the
Pals to end the war and live in peace, or at least cease fire? As such,
I don't have a view of the Gaza people as "freedom" fighters.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Stormin Mormon[_10_] August 15th 14 07:43 AM

"Are you a Jew?"

On 8/14/2014 9:18 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
nestork wrote:

Todd;3271911 Wrote:

That is just an attempt to be "open minded". The actual difference
is the way you act.

That is what the State of Israel wants people to believe.

While it's true that Palestinians are shooting rockets willy-nilly into
Israel, thereby killing mostly civilians, it's also true that they have
no other means of waging war with Israel. They don't have a military,
they don't have tanks or jet aircraft or artillery or access to American
satellite intelligence. They are a loosely organized bunch that are
attacking Israel with whatever weapons are available to them.

Which means they aren't Palestinians, they are Hamas. BIG difference,
although one of the weirdnesses of Israeli policy is that they don't
want to work with the Palestinian Authority to help control Hamas.

Thank you! I'd totally not heard about that.

What are the details of the Palestine offer
to "help control Hamas"? I'd love to know.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

trader_4 August 15th 14 02:20 PM

"Are you a Jew?"

On Thursday, August 14, 2014 7:35:22 PM UTC-4, nestork wrote:
Todd;3271911 Wrote:

That is just an attempt to be "open minded". The actual difference

is the way you act.

That is what the State of Israel wants people to believe.

No, it's obvious to any observer that looks at what has happened and
is happening.

While it's true that Palestinians are shooting rockets willy-nilly into

Israel, thereby killing mostly civilians, it's also true that they have

no other means of waging war with Israel. They don't have a military,

they don't have tanks or jet aircraft or artillery or access to American

satellite intelligence. They are a loosely organized bunch that are

attacking Israel with whatever weapons are available to them.

And why exactly are they firing those rockets? Oh, it's because
they refuse to recognize Israel's right to exist and want to destroy them.
Israel has no such position vis-a-vis the Palestinians.

The real problem is that when you force a people into a situation where

they have no other means of waging war, they will fight with whatever

means and weapons are available to them. You might call that

"terrorism". The Palestinians call their sons, and brothers and

husbands "freedom fighters".

Most of the forcing today of Palestinians is of their own choosing. They've
refused to accept every opportunity for peace, including the 1948 UN
plan that would have created two separate states, one for the Palestinians,
one for the Jews. They could have had their own state 65 years ago.

Just a decade ago, Israel withdrew unilaterally from Gaza. That was met
by the Palestinians importing rockets from Iran and firing them into
Israel, building tunnels into Israel to conduct terrorist attacks. And
those terrorist attacks are mostly against Israel civilian targets, not
military ones. Had the Palestinians just behaved themselves and lived
in peace, well, then there would be peace now. Also, in response they
could have at least acknowledged Israel's right to exist. Instead they
call for it's destruction. So, you wind up with the presetn situation,
and then people feel it's Israel to blame for security measures like the
checkpoints, that try to keep rockets and bomb materias out of Gaza?

If the Palestinians had rockets capable of targeting individual

buildings, they would use those to hit political, military and economic

targets in Israel.

The Palestinians are certainly capable of targeting their suicide
bombers that have strapped on bombs and detonated them on busses,
inside cafes, etc. They didn't wind up there because they were
inaccurate. Good grief. It's nothing new. In 1974 Palestinian
terrorists attacked the Olympics in Munich, killing the Israeli
athletes. Was that a military target?

But, what they have are point and shoot rockets that

don't have that kind of accuracy. For firing those rockets, and killing

civilians as a result, they are branded "terrorists". If the good state

of Israel would kindly provide the Palestinians with more accurate

rockets, the Palestinians would be targeting Israeli military

installations and would not be killing Israeli civilians.

Their long history of using suicide bombers against civilians
shows otherwise. As does the history, which you ignore, of
similar radical muslim terrorists, like the Taliban, Boka Haram,
Al Qaeda, ISIL, etc. What a much larger part of the world is
finally seeing, is what Israel has been up against for a long time.
The Palestinians have some legitimate beefs, but trying to solve
them with the Palestinians, who have had muslim terrorists running
the place for decades, is like trying to achieve peace with Bin Laden,
ISIL, etc. They don't want peace, they thrive on destruction.

trader_4 August 15th 14 02:22 PM

"Are you a Jew?"

On Thursday, August 14, 2014 9:18:43 PM UTC-4, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,

nestork wrote:

Todd;3271911 Wrote:

That is just an attempt to be "open minded". The actual difference

is the way you act.

That is what the State of Israel wants people to believe.

While it's true that Palestinians are shooting rockets willy-nilly into

Israel, thereby killing mostly civilians, it's also true that they have

no other means of waging war with Israel. They don't have a military,

they don't have tanks or jet aircraft or artillery or access to American

satellite intelligence. They are a loosely organized bunch that are

attacking Israel with whatever weapons are available to them.

Which means they aren't Palestinians, they are Hamas. BIG difference,

There is a difference, but the Palestinians did elect Hamas.

trader_4 August 15th 14 02:37 PM

"Are you a Jew?"

nestork wrote:

Todd;3271911 Wrote:

[...]

I'd like to know too. The Palestinians elected Hamas as the
controlling party (if you want to call it that) in charge of
their govt. That was after Israel unilaterally withdrew from
Gaza. See what they got, in return? Seems like Israel working
with the Palestinian Authority to "control" Hamas, would be like
some foreign state working with Republicans to control Democrats,
when the Democrats are in control of the USA govt.

Kurt Ullman August 15th 14 03:28 PM

"Are you a Jew?"

On 8/15/2014 9:37 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Thank you! I'd totally not heard about that.

What are the details of the Palestine offer

to "help control Hamas"? I'd love to know.

I'd like to know too. The Palestinians elected Hamas as the
controlling party (if you want to call it that) in charge of
their govt. That was after Israel unilaterally withdrew from
Gaza. See what they got, in return? Seems like Israel working
with the Palestinian Authority to "control" Hamas, would be like
some foreign state working with Republicans to control Democrats,
when the Democrats are in control of the USA govt.

Actually they did not. Hamas got less than a majority and tried (and
failed) to put together a "Palestine Unity Government" with Fatah. After
the Gaza Strip was taken over by Hamas on 14 June 2007, the Authority's
Chairman Mahmoud Abbas dismissed the Hamas-led government and appointed
Salam Fayyad as Prime Minister.
Help control was perhaps a bad choice of words, but they could have
supported the PA, made nice nice and worked to make things more
sweetness and light in their area in starker contrast to what is
happening in the Hamas area.

Oren[_2_] August 15th 14 05:03 PM

"Are you a Jew?"

On Fri, 15 Aug 2014 01:35:22 +0200, nestork
wrote:

Todd;3271911 Wrote:

That is just an attempt to be "open minded". The actual difference
is the way you act.

That is what the State of Israel wants people to believe.

While it's true that Palestinians are shooting rockets willy-nilly into
Israel, thereby killing mostly civilians, it's also true that they have
no other means of waging war with Israel. They don't have a military,
they don't have tanks or jet aircraft or artillery or access to American
satellite intelligence. They are a loosely organized bunch that are
attacking Israel with whatever weapons are available to them.

"...Hamas comprises three interrelated wings – the social welfare and
political wings, which are responsible for the social, administrative,
political, and propaganda activities of Hamas, and the military wing,
which is engaged in covert activities, such as acting against
suspected collaborators, gathering intelligence on potential targets,
procuring weapons, and carrying out military attacks."

When aid it sent to build schools and to help condition, the military
wing siphons the money off. Concrete and weapons are bought. They
build tunnels to deliver those weapons upon innocent lives.

The social welfare wing is just a canard.

The real problem is that when you force a people into a situation where
they have no other means of waging war, they will fight with whatever
means and weapons are available to them. You might call that
"terrorism". The Palestinians call their sons, and brothers and
husbands "freedom fighters".

shakes head They are not freedom fighters by any means.

If the Palestinians had rockets capable of targeting individual
buildings, they would use those to hit political, military and economic
targets in Israel. But, what they have are point and shoot rockets that
don't have that kind of accuracy. For firing those rockets, and killing
civilians as a result, they are branded "terrorists". If the good state
of Israel would kindly provide the Palestinians with more accurate
rockets, the Palestinians would be targeting Israeli military
installations and would not be killing Israeli civilians.

You don't get it. Hamas wants to kill _EVERY_ Jew. It doesn't matter
if is civilians. military or politicians.

Oren[_2_] August 15th 14 05:07 PM

"Are you a Jew?"

On Fri, 15 Aug 2014 04:46:54 +0200, nestork
wrote:

Kurt Ullman;3272060 Wrote:

Again, I don't think you can use Palestinians and Hamas
interchangabely.

I understand it this way:

Palestinians are the dirt poor people who had their land stolen from
them by squatters.

Hamas are the terrorists funded largely by Iran who are doing what
little they can about it, and that mostly involves terrorizing Israeli
civilians by firing rockets at them.

The Israelis are the people who are squatting on Palestinian land... and
who are at odds with all of the pro-Palestinian nations around them
largely because those nations refuse to recognize Israel's right to
squat on Palestinian land.

That's about the long and the short of it, isn't it?

Um, see _Council on Foreign Relations_

The Council on Foreign Relations is an American nonprofit, nonpartisan
membership organization, publisher, and think tank …

http://www.cfr.org/israel/hamas/p8968

Oren[_2_] August 15th 14 05:09 PM

"Are you a Jew?"

On Fri, 15 Aug 2014 09:00:06 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
nestork wrote:

Kurt Ullman;3272060 Wrote:

Again, I don't think you can use Palestinians and Hamas
interchangabely.

I understand it this way:

Palestinians are the dirt poor people who had their land stolen from
them by squatters.

Hamas are the terrorists funded largely by Iran who are doing what
little they can about it, and that mostly involves terrorizing Israeli
civilians by firing rockets at them.

The Israelis are the people who are squatting on Palestinian land... and
who are at odds with all of the pro-Palestinian nations around them
largely because those nations refuse to recognize Israel's right to
squat on Palestinian land.

That's about the long and the short of it, isn't it?

Not even close.

Exactly.

Todd August 15th 14 07:29 PM

"Are you a Jew?"

On 08/14/2014 07:46 PM, nestork wrote:
The Israelis are the people who are squatting on Palestinian land... and
who are at odds with all of the pro-Palestinian nations around them
largely because those nations refuse to recognize Israel's right to
squat on Palestinian land.

Hi Net,

If you read Mark Twains writings on his travels to the holy land,
you will notice that the place was virtually uninhabited.
The "Palestinians" you speak of were brought in to counteract
Zionism, which was well on it way before the second world war.
When the Muslins kick out all their Jews in 48 and seized all
stuff, the Muslims could have easily resettled them with
all their bounty stolen from the Jews, but did not.

And, if they would stop the "all Jew must die ****" and actually
talk peace, Israel would bend themselves into a pretzel
to accommodate them, those native to the area and those
who were imported.

And somehow all this poverty and their leaders live in opulence.

By the way, Hamas has show repeatedly that they are not interested
in the land, the want all Jews dead. Convert, pay a tax, or
die. It is the Muslim religion. It also does not help
that in the west, Anti-Israeli is the politically correct way
of being Anti-Semitic.

What do you think the chances are that the Muslins will
reimburse the Jews for all the property they stole from the
Jews? Zero? Maybes that property could be use to resettle
the Palestinians back from where they came? Probably not.

If the Palestinians were to genuinely sue for peace, take care of
the "kill all Jews" ass holes themselves, you would have peace
so quick, you would know what happened.

-T

Todd August 15th 14 07:34 PM

"Are you a Jew?"

Todd;3271911 Wrote:

[...]

Hi Trader_4,

Well stated.

I have sadly come to the conclusion that the shock over the
holocaust has started to wear off and that antisemitism is
back in the politically correct guise of Anti-Israeli.

-T

Stormin Mormon[_10_] August 15th 14 09:38 PM

"Are you a Jew?"

On 8/15/2014 2:34 PM, Todd wrote:
Hi Trader_4,

Well stated.

I have sadly come to the conclusion that the shock over the
holocaust has started to wear off and that antisemitism is
back in the politically correct guise of Anti-Israeli.

-T

When Adolf came to power, I heard a little about
that when I was in school. Germany had been badly
defeated in WWI, and the taxation and inflation
was high. There was a sense of failing national
pride. The people were looking for a leader, and
someone who could bring back national pride and
unity.

Adolph appealed to the sense of national pride,
and also worked class envy and partisanship to new
records. He made promises like "if you like your
doctor, you can keep your doctor" and appealed to
envy "the rich didn't pay their fair share".

He worked mostly within the law. Got full powers
from the elderly Hindenberg, and then ruled with a
phone and a pen. Amnesty to some, and others got
thrown into FEMA camps.

So, yes, anti semitism may well be on the rebound.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Todd August 15th 14 09:52 PM

"Are you a Jew?"

On 08/15/2014 01:38 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 8/15/2014 2:34 PM, Todd wrote:
[...]

I wish I could say you were not correct, but unfortunately,
you are.

Kurt Ullman August 15th 14 10:00 PM

"Are you a Jew?"

In article , Todd
wrote:

If the Palestinians were to genuinely sue for peace, take care of
the "kill all Jews" ass holes themselves, you would have peace
so quick, you would know what happened.

-T

As could be noted by Jordan and Egypt. Actually if you could the other
Arab countries to butt out that would help immensely. But it still seems
in their best interests to keep the Palestinians as their pawns.