Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need to add another drain line to the air handler emergency pan

Hello,

My Air Handler is unlevel (I cannot level it due to the installation)
and the water is pooling to one end. I am going to fix the main drip pan
(I think it has a leak) with Henry Premium Aluminum Roof Coating -
applying several coats!

But I still want to add another drain line to the emergancy pan. Is this
possible and does anyone have any instructions (pictures or video would be
great) on how to do this.

Thanks
Tony

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 01 Aug 2014 17:44:01 +0000, tonytiger
wrote:

Hello,

My Air Handler is unlevel (I cannot level it due to the installation)
and the water is pooling to one end. I am going to fix the main drip pan
(I think it has a leak) with Henry Premium Aluminum Roof Coating -
applying several coats!

But I still want to add another drain line to the emergancy pan. Is this
possible and does anyone have any instructions (pictures or video would be
great) on how to do this.

Thanks
Tony

Before adding another line, have you checked the present line to see
if it is clogged with algae? Checked it outside to see if it drips or
housing critters & cooties in it? If so have you tried to clear it? My
pan is tilted. Single line. Every pan I've seen are the same. (tilted
pan - single line)

I'd do some checking first...