Posted to alt.home.repair

Default xfinity

For those on comcast Internet. I was looking for a thread, can't find I
here.

If you have a wifi device, tablet, etc, you can connect in certain areas,
states, with xfinity hot spots. If you see infinity in wifi, connect, then
look for some kind of popup. Login user pswd. I connected with a station on
my street. I'll look for the website info.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

gregz wrote:
For those on comcast Internet. I was looking for a thread, can't find I
here.

If you have a wifi device, tablet, etc, you can connect in certain areas,
states, with xfinity hot spots. If you see infinity in wifi, connect, then
look for some kind of popup. Login user pswd. I connected with a station on
my street. I'll look for the website info.

Greg

http://www.comcast.com/wifi/default....iq_id=60959352

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

gregz wrote:
gregz wrote:
For those on comcast Internet. I was looking for a thread, can't find I
here.

If you have a wifi device, tablet, etc, you can connect in certain areas,
states, with xfinity hot spots. If you see infinity in wifi, connect, then
look for some kind of popup. Login user pswd. I connected with a station on
my street. I'll look for the website info.

Greg

http://www.comcast.com/wifi/default....iq_id=60959352

Greg

More info

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/84...tspots-why.htm

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/21/2014 03:44 AM, gregz wrote:

More info

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/84...tspots-why.htm

Greg

Why is the techtimes web site so effin slow? Is it all the crap that the site tries to load on my computer?

Glad I'm running Linux!!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 21 Jun 2014, Carnivore wrote in
alt.home.repair:

Why is the techtimes web site so effin slow? Is it all the crap
that the site tries to load on my computer?

Glad I'm running Linux!!!!

I'm ever so mildly glad you're glad, but Linux has nothing to do with
it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/21/2014 12:37 PM, Nil wrote:
On 21 Jun 2014, Carnivore wrote in
alt.home.repair:

Why is the techtimes web site so effin slow? Is it all the crap
that the site tries to load on my computer?

Glad I'm running Linux!!!!

I'm ever so mildly glad you're glad, but Linux has nothing to do with
it.

My last computer apparently became so virus infested that son could not
cure it and replaced Vista OS with Linux. Worked fine in his house on
ether net but in my house on wifi it would not connect. Maybe that's
what he means
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/21/2014 12:37 PM, Nil wrote:
On 21 Jun 2014, Carnivore wrote in
alt.home.repair:

Why is the techtimes web site so effin slow? Is it all the crap
that the site tries to load on my computer?

Glad I'm running Linux!!!!

I'm ever so mildly glad you're glad, but Linux has nothing to do with
it.

I ever so mildly beg to differ, but Linux is a bazillion times more virus/trojan/malware/spyware/*ware resistant than W*.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 21 Jun 2014, Rick wrote in
alt.home.repair:

I ever so mildly beg to differ, but Linux is a bazillion times
more virus/trojan/malware/spyware/*ware resistant than W*.

Maybe so, but that has nothing at all to do with why his browser is
slow.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/21/2014 10:33 PM, Nil wrote:
On 21 Jun 2014, Rick wrote in
alt.home.repair:

I ever so mildly beg to differ, but Linux is a bazillion times
more virus/trojan/malware/spyware/*ware resistant than W*.

Maybe so, but that has nothing at all to do with why his browser is
slow.

Who said Linux was the cause of slow page loading?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 22 Jun 2014, Pedro wrote in alt.home.repair:

On 06/21/2014 10:33 PM, Nil wrote:
On 21 Jun 2014, Rick wrote in
alt.home.repair:

I ever so mildly beg to differ, but Linux is a bazillion times
more virus/trojan/malware/spyware/*ware resistant than W*.

Maybe so, but that has nothing at all to do with why his browser is
slow.

Who said Linux was the cause of slow page loading?

That was the implication. If that's not what he was referring to, why
would he even mention it? Thats like saying, "Wow, this traffic is
heavy! I'm glad my car is blue!"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/22/2014 02:06 PM, Nil wrote:
On 22 Jun 2014, Pedro wrote in alt.home.repair:

On 06/21/2014 10:33 PM, Nil wrote:
On 21 Jun 2014, Rick wrote in
alt.home.repair:

I ever so mildly beg to differ, but Linux is a bazillion times
more virus/trojan/malware/spyware/*ware resistant than W*.

Maybe so, but that has nothing at all to do with why his browser is
slow.

Who said Linux was the cause of slow page loading?

That was the implication. If that's not what he was referring to, why
would he even mention it? Thats like saying, "Wow, this traffic is
heavy! I'm glad my car is blue!"

Why would you want a blue car in traffic?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 22 Jun 2014, Rick wrote in
alt.home.repair:

On 06/22/2014 02:06 PM, Nil wrote:
On 22 Jun 2014, Pedro wrote in
alt.home.repair:

On 06/21/2014 10:33 PM, Nil wrote:
On 21 Jun 2014, Rick wrote in
alt.home.repair:

I ever so mildly beg to differ, but Linux is a bazillion times
more virus/trojan/malware/spyware/*ware resistant than W*.

Maybe so, but that has nothing at all to do with why his
browser is slow.

Who said Linux was the cause of slow page loading?

That was the implication. If that's not what he was referring to,
why would he even mention it? Thats like saying, "Wow, this
traffic is heavy! I'm glad my car is blue!"

Why would you want a blue car in traffic?

My point exactly.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/22/2014 03:45 PM, Rick wrote:
On 06/22/2014 02:06 PM, Nil wrote:
On 22 Jun 2014, Pedro wrote in alt.home.repair:

On 06/21/2014 10:33 PM, Nil wrote:
On 21 Jun 2014, Rick wrote in
alt.home.repair:

I ever so mildly beg to differ, but Linux is a bazillion times
more virus/trojan/malware/spyware/*ware resistant than W*.

Maybe so, but that has nothing at all to do with why his browser is
slow.

Who said Linux was the cause of slow page loading?

That was the implication. If that's not what he was referring to, why
would he even mention it? Thats like saying, "Wow, this traffic is
heavy! I'm glad my car is blue!"

Why would you want a blue car in traffic?

The blue ones run Linux under the hood?