Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Type of wire to air conditioner disconnect

I'm helping install a mini-split AC. The manual says I need 10 gauge wire to an outdoor disconnect switch. I've two questions:

1. What does the NEC say about the min height of the disconnect switch when mounted to the wall outside? I know I need 3ft clearance in front of it, but not sure about minimum height.

2. I haven't decided which to run (MC or NM cable) from my main panel to the outdoor disconnect switch, but regardless, when it gets outside of my house, what does the NEC say about how the cable should be run? I assume in metal or plastic conduit? Any other allowable alternatives?

All advice, and NEC references, appreciated.
Thanks
Theodore