DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT. A couple Memorial Day traditions (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/371229-ot-couple-memorial-day-traditions.html)

Dean Hoffman[_13_] May 26th 14 01:18 PM

OT. A couple Memorial Day traditions

Flags In: http://preview.tinyurl.com/lu23gn3
Soldiers placing flags at Arlington National Cemetery.
Rolling Thunder: http://preview.tinyurl.com/ngd2tey
Bikers riding through Washington DC.

Oren[_2_] May 26th 14 02:44 PM

OT. A couple Memorial Day traditions

On Mon, 26 May 2014 07:18:04 -0500, Dean Hoffman
" wrote:

Flags In: http://preview.tinyurl.com/lu23gn3
Soldiers placing flags at Arlington National Cemetery.
Rolling Thunder: http://preview.tinyurl.com/ngd2tey
Bikers riding through Washington DC.

HOOAH!!

--
Army Mechanized Infantry Artillery

Terry Coombs[_2_] May 26th 14 03:54 PM

" wrote:

Flags In: http://preview.tinyurl.com/lu23gn3
Soldiers placing flags at Arlington National Cemetery.
Rolling Thunder: http://preview.tinyurl.com/ngd2tey
Bikers riding through Washington DC.

HOOAH!!

USN , never again ... because now I'm too old . We've started a Memorial
Day tradition up here in The 12 Acre Wood , we have a big barbecue and
invite friends and some neighbors . I have 2 pork butts in the smoker ,
been there since around 9 pm last night . Just put the tater salad in the
cooler to chill , and the baked beans will go on the smoker in a little
while .
I've wanted to do Rolling Thunder for several years now , but it just
hasn't worked out . They had the moving Wall in Memphis a few years back ,
we rode in a group to see it ... I must admit to becoming very emotional
when the people lining the route all stood at attention and saluted ...
--
Snag

Oren[_2_] May 26th 14 04:11 PM

OT. A couple Memorial Day traditions

On Mon, 26 May 2014 09:54:31 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

HOOAH!!

USN , never again ... because now I'm too old . We've started a Memorial
Day tradition up here in The 12 Acre Wood , we have a big barbecue and
invite friends and some neighbors . I have 2 pork butts in the smoker ,
been there since around 9 pm last night . Just put the tater salad in the
cooler to chill , and the baked beans will go on the smoker in a little
while .
I've wanted to do Rolling Thunder for several years now , but it just
hasn't worked out . They had the moving Wall in Memphis a few years back ,
we rode in a group to see it ... I must admit to becoming very emotional
when the people lining the route all stood at attention and saluted ...

Yummy :) I've got pork ribs ready for the smoker, I'll put them on a
little later. Recently make a couple of smoke pork butts, too.

Tried this awhile back - good stuff. Search for:

_Four Cheese Smoked Mac 'n' Cheese_