Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Flight 730

http://www.distance.to/Kuala-Lumpur/Beijing

Kuala Lumpur Beijing
Air line: 2,702.05 mi

http://www.distance.to/Kuala-Lumpur/Quetta-Pakistan

Kuala Lumpur Quetta Pakistan
Air line: 2,936.51 mi

Arabian Sea around India / Karachi?

The plane is NOT in Area 51
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, March 20, 2014 11:45:58 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
http://www.distance.to/Kuala-Lumpur/Beijing

Kuala Lumpur Beijing

Air line: 2,702.05 mi

http://www.distance.to/Kuala-Lumpur/Quetta-Pakistan

Kuala Lumpur Quetta Pakistan

Air line: 2,936.51 mi

Arabian Sea around India / Karachi?

The satellite handshakes that were last received at 8:11AM,
when it was nearly out of fuel put it on the semi-circle that's
been all over the media. From Kazhakastan in the north, down
through norther Thailand, down to the tip of Indonesia and the
southern Indian ocean where the current search is focused. That
semi-circle of possible locations is nowhere near the Arabian Sea.

Also if you want to do the math of how far it could have flown,
the best location would be from the Straits of Malacca where it
was apparently last seen on military radar at almost exactly 2 hours
after takeoff. By my reasoning, that gave it a range of maybe 2800
miles from there. Probably less, because of the erratic flying.
That would put the Arabian Sea within reach, but unless the sat
handshake stuff is all wrong, it couldn't be there. There should
be about 6 other sat semi-circles from the other times it handshaked,
since they said it ocurred once an hour. I'd like to see them, as
they should help shed some light on where it was. Also, I wonder if
anyone thought of sending out another 777 on a test flight, turn off
ACARS, see if it indeed does the handshaking and that they can in fact
correctly figure out it's possible location from just the handshake.
At this point, you don't know what to trust.

As for the current search for those objects in the southern Indian
Ocean, having looked at them again, I'm not even sure they are objects
at all. If you look at the surrounding waves, it seems entirely
possible to me that they are just waves.

The plane is NOT in Area 51

I'm surprised we haven't heard that one yet.

Taken: The Untold Story of Flight 370 Home Guy[_3_] Home Repair 12 March 17th 14 03:48 AM
OT New UK flight record. harry Home Repair 2 July 26th 10 08:49 PM
RAF formation flight training Jim Wilkins Metalworking 12 May 11th 10 09:13 PM
flight syoung Metalworking 0 April 23rd 10 04:14 AM
Flight of the Phoenix redux Boris Beizer Metalworking 29 December 28th 04 08:59 AM