Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Was a child flying alone? Stumped is still flyin

(PeteCresswell) posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Per Stormin Mormon:
When I flew alone, about age 14. They made me
wear a big, brightly colored tag. And the
flight crew very politely kept a close eye
on me.

That's about how it went with the daughter.

The tag that Stumped refers to is current equipment. There is more than a
"crew" keeping an eye on him.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Was my house vibrating, or was it me?

Oren posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On Sun, 02 Mar 2014 20:29:22 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

But you grew up in America not AmeriPUS.

As Tim Wilson said, you could cross the road in front of your house
without being buckled in a safety seat.

When I was six years old, I would walk down the street from home to a
bus stop and get on a city bus to travel to the next town to attend the
Catholic Parochial Torture Center run by those terrifying creatures
known as nuns. I have to wonder if any parent these days would allow a
six year old on his/her own to travel unaccompanied on public
transportation to another city and walk several blocks to and from the
city bus? o_O

Things are different no days. At 12 I could take guns from the house
and go in the woods all day. You could carry knives in your pocket. At
14, bought my first car (with my earned money) and was allowed to
drive alone during the day. At night with a 16 year old (licensed) in
the car. We played with dynamite back then, too. Huck Finn didn't have
anything on us, eh?

Now days - never mind, but you know the story.

I used to shoot in a rifle team. Where was the range located? Right next to
the police station, leased from the borough. Lead poisoning - breathe deep.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

On 2/25/2014 11:11 AM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 25 Feb 2014 10:08:58 -0500, Rebel1
wrote:

Any other theories as to why the house may have been vibrating,
especially for hours?

Sea Legs are Illusions of self-motion (*).

"Neural adaptation or sensory adaptation is a change over time in
the responsiveness of the sensory system to a constant stimulus. It
is usually experienced as a change in the stimulus." (**)

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusions_of_self-motion

** http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aftereffect

After train rides I could still hear / feel the clacking of the
tracks for awhile. Same on long road trips where you might hear the
sounds of thumping when tires cross sections of the pavement.

I suppose log distance truck drivers get "road legs" and "road rash" on
their butts from sitting in the seat all day long? ^_^

TDD

That's why they have air ride seats - it ain't from the methane.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/5/2014 9:29 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
Per Stormin Mormon:
When I flew alone, about age 14. They made me
wear a big, brightly colored tag. And the
flight crew very politely kept a close eye
on me.

That's about how it went with the daughter.

The tag that Stumped refers to is current equipment. There is more than a
"crew" keeping an eye on him.

Do the airlines still have a diamond shaped tag
which ties on with string? Maybe Twinkie send
a kid by air, recently?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/5/2014 9:32 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
Oren posted for all of us...

Now days - never mind, but you know the story.

I used to shoot in a rifle team. Where was the range located? Right next to
the police station, leased from the borough. Lead poisoning - breathe deep.

Right next to the PD, training potential snipers?
Wow, that's so old fashioned, twinkie. Now days,
only mass murderers and government goons are allowed
to own guns.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Vibrating noise ina refrigerator Ignoramus24108 Home Repair 0 June 27th 06 06:18 PM
Vibrating Saw [email protected] Woodworking 1 June 18th 06 11:12 PM
Microwave buzzing a vibrating [email protected] Electronics Repair 13 March 2nd 06 06:08 PM
vibrating boiler Dave Home Repair 8 December 5th 05 12:13 AM
KSS240A lens vibrating [email protected] Electronics Repair 8 October 27th 05 10:02 AM