Posted to alt.home.repair

Default RFIDcards

If the RFID chip on a cc is destroyed can the card still be used to make a purchase?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/1/2014 6:58 AM, herb white wrote:
If the RFID chip on a cc is destroyed can the card still be used to make a purchase?

Yes, with the magnetic stripe.
Just like you do, now.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 1 Feb 2014 03:58:46 -0800 (PST), herb white
wrote:

If the RFID chip on a cc is destroyed can the card still be used to make a purchase?

In the US, yes. In Europe, with difficulty. In a few years, maybe
not.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

If the RFID chip on a cc is destroyed can the card still be used to make a purchase?

In the US, yes. In Europe, with difficulty. In a few years, maybe
not.

My response above might be confusing. I am refering to "chip" cards
rather than RFID. I am not sure if new chip cards are all addressed
via RF. Some used to be contact style. Therefore not RF, but still
secure chips. Not sure about today's cards.