Posted to alt.home.repair

Default gap filling methods

I had success with poly and sawdust. Wood glue with sawdust works fairly
well but my favorite process was oatmeal.it is very economical, natural
and you can get a perfect consistency. Im not sure how it stains but would
probably work well once you get the hang of it. Of course it needs to be
sealed when finished.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tracey writes:

I had success with poly and sawdust. Wood glue with sawdust works fairly
well but my favorite process was oatmeal.it is very economical, natural
and you can get a perfect consistency. Im not sure how it stains but would
probably work well once you get the hang of it. Of course it needs to be
sealed when finished.

Wood glue and oatmeal?

Some organism is going to eat it.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/28/2014 11:47 PM, Dan Espen wrote:
Tracey writes:

I had success with poly and sawdust. Wood glue with sawdust works fairly
well but my favorite process was oatmeal.it is very economical, natural
and you can get a perfect consistency. Im not sure how it stains but would
probably work well once you get the hang of it. Of course it needs to be
sealed when finished.

Wood glue and oatmeal?

Some organism is going to eat it.

Yep. Does not sound like a good idea to me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tracey writes:

I had success with poly and sawdust. Wood glue with sawdust works fairly
well but my favorite process was oatmeal.it is very economical, natural
and you can get a perfect consistency. Im not sure how it stains but
would
probably work well once you get the hang of it. Of course it needs to be
sealed when finished.

Wood glue and oatmeal?

Some organism is going to eat it.

Yep. Does not sound like a good idea to me.

Sounds like what they use to seal the connections in a still!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 00:47:54 -0500, Dan Espen
wrote:

Tracey writes:

I had success with poly and sawdust. Wood glue with sawdust works fairly
well but my favorite process was oatmeal.it is very economical, natural
and you can get a perfect consistency. Im not sure how it stains but would
probably work well once you get the hang of it. Of course it needs to be
sealed when finished.

Wood glue and oatmeal?

Some organism is going to eat it.

Great way to invite all the local mice and rats into the home.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/29/2014 08:09 AM, Art Todesco wrote:

Yep. Does not sound like a good idea to me.

Sounds like what they use to seal the connections in a still!

Ha!!!

I just remembered that when we were kids we always made those salt maps.

Possibly if the oats were mixed with a lot of salt...the stuff would not
be subject to organisms