Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT "Gift cards cannot be used to buy gift cards".

OT, I think this is something we discussed here once.

I noticed two handmade signs at the customer service desk, a big one and
a little one.

"Gift cards cannot be used to buy gift cards".

I haven't asked why. Afraid they won't know. Don't want to embarrass
anyone.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, January 27, 2014 6:35:54 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
OT, I think this is something we discussed here once.

I noticed two handmade signs at the customer service desk, a big one and

a little one.

"Gift cards cannot be used to buy gift cards".

I haven't asked why. Afraid they won't know. Don't want to embarrass

anyone.

Besides it's own gift cards, did that store also sell other gift
cards? Many stores do today. If I was a merchant and I sold you
a gift card, if I let you use it to buy other gift cards, you could
then use it to buy any other gift card I sell. Then instead of
the money being spent in my store, you could spend it anywhere.
I'm sure the merchants are getting some small margin for selling
gift cards, but it's not going to be the margin the merchant
would get if you used it to buy a new drill. And that would seem
to be the main purpose to using a gift card to buy another one,
wouldn't it, ie to convert it to something else?
Posted to alt.home.repair

micky,

Gift cards expire. This policy prevents you from resetting the expiration
date.

Dave M.