DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   BridgeGate extends all the way to the top. Feds gettings involved (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/366383-bridgegate-extends-all-way-top-feds-gettings-involved.html)

David Smith Jr. January 11th 14 02:30 AM

BridgeGate extends all the way to the top. Feds gettings involved

Officials loyal to Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey went to elaborate means to make it appear that the September closing of lanes leading to the George Washington Bridge was part of a traffic study, even though their private communications suggest the move was purely political, according to documents released on Friday.

The documents also show a concerted effort to keep their true motivation hidden, including the insistence by one official of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey in an email that communications about the matter should not be conducted by email or discussed publicly.

Among the documents was a PowerPoint presentation prepared after three days of snarled traffic, titled “EARLY assessment of the benefits of the trial.

[email protected] January 11th 14 10:00 AM

BridgeGate extends all the way to the top. Feds gettings involved

On Fri, 10 Jan 2014 18:30:45 -0800 (PST), "David Smith Jr."
wrote:

Officials loyal to Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey went to elaborate means to make it appear that the September closing of lanes leading to the George Washington Bridge was part of a traffic study, even though their private communications suggest the move was purely political, according to documents released on Friday.

The documents also show a concerted effort to keep their true motivation hidden, including the insistence by one official of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey in an email that communications about the matter should not be conducted by email or discussed publicly.

I guess he was too late on that, given what that woman had already
emailed.

Christi's press conference was 2 hours long, and the news certainly
didn't play it all, and even if it's online, I don't think I have the
patience to watch it, but two things bother me, subject to correction.

He fired that girl, but what about the head or assistant head of the
Port Authority that he appointed, who was directly involved in it, I
guess the one you refer to above. Did Christi say that he should
resign? Or anything about him?

And the part ABC TV news showed (and admittedly ABC news is about as bad
at doing news as a network can be.) only showed him saying, If someone
lies to me, he's fired. Nothing about, If someone screws up traffic
for personal reasons, he's fired. Did he say that too?

Among the documents was a PowerPoint presentation prepared after three days of snarled traffic, titled “EARLY assessment of the benefits of the trial.

LOL. Was there ever a later assessment after all the "data" was in?

Aren't they guilty of breaking some laws, too? Malicious mischief?
Worse?

The news sometimes says that someone died, possibly because of the delay
in the ambulance reaching her. I hope the family sues, even if the
death was inevitable and not caused by the delay. Heck, people sue for
inadequate reasons all the time, but here their subpoenas should help to
get the full story.

[email protected][_2_] January 11th 14 01:02 PM

wrote:

[...]

There were two PA officials involved. Both resigned in December.
The one where the media and talking heads keep saying that he was
a childhood friend of Christie, that Christie has been best buddies
with him since then he did talk about. He said they went to the same
high school and he knew him back then, but he wasn't one of his close
friends and he lost contact with him for the next 20+ years.

And the part ABC TV news showed (and admittedly ABC news is about as bad

at doing news as a network can be.) only showed him saying, If someone

lies to me, he's fired. Nothing about, If someone screws up traffic

for personal reasons, he's fired. Did he say that too?

No, I didn't see him directl say that either. But he strongly condemned
what they did, said he was humiliated by it, it was unacceptable, etc.
So, I wouldn't read too much into him not directly saying it. The
investigation into who did exactly what is still ongoing and parts of
it are unclear. The fact that his deputy chief of staff lied to him,
he knows directly and personally to be well established now. So, that
is probably why he focused on that as the basis for firing.

Among the documents was a PowerPoint presentation prepared after three days of snarled traffic, titled �EARLY assessment of the benefits of the trial.

LOL. Was there ever a later assessment after all the "data" was in?

I don't think so because I think everyone acknowledges there was
no traffic study, it was a sham. Besides, what kind of traffic study
requires closing lanes?

Aren't they guilty of breaking some laws, too? Malicious mischief?

Worse?

Almost 100% guaranteed there are criminal laws that can be applied to
this. Among them could be manslaughter. A 90 year old woman having
a heart attack died. The media is reporting that the ambulance could
not reach her home and only caught up with her at the hospital. The
exact timeline, I haven't seen, but potentially there is a case there.

The news sometimes says that someone died, possibly because of the delay

in the ambulance reaching her. I hope the family sues, even if the

death was inevitable and not caused by the delay. Heck, people sue for

inadequate reasons all the time, but here their subpoenas should help to

get the full story.

I doubt those subooenas are going to uncover anything that the Feds,
legislature, etc that are looking into it won't. But I agree they
probably have a case. But
we don't know the facts yet. If the woman was stone cold when she got
to the hospital and had been dead overnight, that obviously would
change things.

Another interesting aspect of it is that the media are reporting that
some of the exchanges back and forth it's hard to tell who said what
or what some of the comments were referring to. I started wondering
why that would be? Was it that they didn't know who the owners of
some of the email accounts were? Multiple people using the same
account? Well, it's even better than that. The documents were
redacted by Wildstein, the guy at the PA that the request to close
the bridges went to and who has now resigned.
That tells you something about the way the whole PA is being run,
doesn't it? I mean you have the state legislature conducting an
investigation and either requesting or subpeonaing emails, etc.
and the guy that they let redact them is the guy that the illegal
request to close the lanes went to? It's unimaginable that PA
attorneys didn't collect all the requested documents, decide if
anything needed to be redacted, and then the lawyers would do it,
not the person involved! Also hard to imagine what privacy concerns
in something like this justify redaction to begin with.

Stormin Mormon[_10_] January 11th 14 01:25 PM

BridgeGate extends all the way to the top. Feds gettings involved

On 1/11/2014 8:06 AM, Norminn wrote:

There is another pile of poop involving Christy and (supreme court?)
judges in Jersey. Not being a follower of big-city politics, and going
by gut feeling, I'd expect Jersey to be downer-and-dirtier than even
Chicago. ;o)

My gut sense is that the Dems will make a bit
to-do about this, as long as the press will go
along. That will serve to distract from the
death of our soldiers in Benghazi, the death of
border agents who were shot by illegals armed by
Eric Holder, and the rising real unemployment.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Stormin Mormon[_10_] January 11th 14 01:32 PM

BridgeGate extends all the way to the top. Feds gettings involved

On 1/10/2014 9:30 PM, David Smith Jr. wrote:
Officials loyal to Gov. Chris Christie [Hillary Clinton]

of New Jersey [State Department] went to elaborate

means to make it appear that the September [September 11]

closing of lanes [attack on Benghazi embassy] leading to

the George Washington Bridge was part of a traffic study,

[result of a movie that was shown] even though their private

communications suggest the move was purely political, [move

was gross neglect of our armed forces] according to documents

released [not released until forced to] on Friday.

The documents also show a concerted effort to keep their

true motivation hidden, [the documents also show a concentrated

effort to keep their true motivation hidden] including the

insistence by one official of the Port Authority of New York

and New Jersey in an email that communications about the

matter should not be conducted by email or discussed publicly.

[Including the imsistence.... ]

Among the documents was a PowerPoint presentation prepared

after three days of snarled traffic, titled “EARLY assessment

of the benefits of the trial.

[Among the documents..... ]

Let he who hath not sinned cast the first stone.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

micky January 11th 14 01:54 PM

BridgeGate extends all the way to the top. Feds gettings involved

On Sat, 11 Jan 2014 05:02:58 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Another interesting aspect of it is that the media are reporting that
some of the exchanges back and forth it's hard to tell who said what
or what some of the comments were referring to. I started wondering
why that would be? Was it that they didn't know who the owners of
some of the email accounts were? Multiple people using the same
account? Well, it's even better than that. The documents were
redacted by Wildstein, the guy at the PA that the request to close
the bridges went to and who has now resigned.
That tells you something about the way the whole PA is being run,
doesn't it? I mean you have the state legislature conducting an
investigation and either requesting or subpeonaing emails, etc.
and the guy that they let redact them is the guy that the illegal
request to close the lanes went to? It's unimaginable that PA
attorneys didn't collect all the requested documents, decide if=20
anything needed to be redacted, and then the lawyers would do it,
not the person involved! Also hard to imagine what privacy concerns
in something like this justify redaction to begin with.

I think the Port Authority is holding some of the Al Queda prisoners
from early on. Congress passed a law that they couldn't be brought
from Cuba to the US, but everyone agreed the Port Authority property
wasn't really in the US. They're held in the caissons that the
uprights of the GW Bridge rest on. Also in some small tunnels off of
the Lincoln and Holland tunnels.

This is why the emails had to be edited.

[email protected][_2_] January 11th 14 02:04 PM

On Saturday, January 11, 2014 8:32:14 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

I can't help but add, that in bridgegate, the two Port Authority
officials involved resigned in December. Christie just fires his
deputy chief of staff and told his former campaign manager, who
was about to become GOP state chair, to get lost. Christie lambasted
the lot of them in his news conference, said he was appalled by
what they did, humiliated, etc.

In the case of Benghazi, who has been held accountable?
Those responsible for the total lack of security at the consulate
got a paid vacation for 6 months, then they got their jobs back.
The State Dept dummy responsible for security actually had the nerve
to testify to Congress that she believes the security they had
there was appropriate for the conditions at the time. She's
either a liar or totally stupid. Yet, she's back at her govt
job, doing God knows what further damage to the country.

Fast and Furious, Benghazi, IRS, not one person has been
fired. The most we had was Lerner resign and retire after
taking the fifth before Congress.

See the important differences?

Daring Dufas: Hypocrite TeaBillie on welfare January 11th 14 02:31 PM

BridgeGate extends all the way to the top. Feds gettings involved

REAL Americans don't give a **** about made up scandals by the GOP that only Fake News outlets complain endlessly about.
Who really gives a **** about of handful of wanta-be heros who got their ass kicked by cave dwellers or Mexican drug lords in places they shouldn't be to start with?

However Real Americans love seeing a lying, obnoxious fat ass, big mouths brought down . The Feds are getting involved now .. and Eric Holder will ensure these investigations last until 2017.

Hahahahahaa.

Pay back Nj style.

Daring Dufas: Hypocrite TeaBillie on welfare January 11th 14 02:34 PM

BridgeGate extends all the way to the top. Feds gettings involved

No one gives **** about those made up scandals .. but she got to her $110k retirement package .. how sweet.

[email protected][_2_] January 11th 14 02:36 PM

[...]

Yes, Elvis and the Roswell aliens are there too.

(PeteCresswell) January 11th 14 04:40 PM

BridgeGate extends all the way to the top. Feds gettings involved

Per Norminn:
Really? I was beginning to like the guy...

Same here. His comments on why he was obese sort of won my heart.

But I keep coming back to the idea that, at that level of politics and
above there are very few of what most of us would call "nice people".

The demands of the position mitigate against it.

Having to decide between alternatives like "10,000 innocent people die
if I do this, and 14,000 innocent people die if I do that... and there
are no other options." would, I think, drive a "nice person" over the
edge pretty quickly.

The pundits I've heard so far think he is handling this about as well as
something like this can be handled - and he *is* getting national
exposure from it. So maybe it's not over for him yet.
--
Pete Cresswell

Mike Hunt-Hertz January 11th 14 04:58 PM

BridgeGate extends all the way to the top. Feds gettings involved

On 01/11/2014 09:04 AM, wrote:
[snip]
Fast and Furious, Benghazi, IRS, not one person has been
fired. The most we had was Lerner resign and retire after
taking the fifth before Congress.

See the important differences?

There is no meaningful difference. All politicians are liars and crooks.

They will cheat and lie and steal until they get caught.

Once caught, the finger-pointing begins.

Often they fire a scapegoat or two in an effort to save their own bacon.

Lather, rinse, repeat...

Daring Dufas: Hypocrite TeaBillie on welfare January 11th 14 05:56 PM

BridgeGate extends all the way to the top. Feds gettings involved

All those fake scandals you quoted have been non events.. if you can prove POTUS has any specific involvement in those just go ahead and publish those facts ... obviously 150 GOP staged hearings that cost $$$$$millions HAVEN'T PRODUCED A ****ING THING.

Take all the space you need.

Hahajahaaa.

Norminn January 11th 14 06:09 PM

On 1/11/2014 11:40 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Norminn:
Really? I was beginning to like the guy...

Same here. His comments on why he was obese sort of won my heart.

But I keep coming back to the idea that, at that level of politics and
above there are very few of what most of us would call "nice people".

The demands of the position mitigate against it.

Having to decide between alternatives like "10,000 innocent people die
if I do this, and 14,000 innocent people die if I do that... and there
are no other options." would, I think, drive a "nice person" over the
edge pretty quickly.

The pundits I've heard so far think he is handling this about as well as
something like this can be handled - and he *is* getting national
exposure from it. So maybe it's not over for him yet.

Christie said he took responsibility. So much for that....talk is
cheap. Apparently problems in the Port Authority don't filter up to the
governor....did all the SMART people at the PA die on 9/11? Christie
can claim all he wants that he had no knowledge of the situation; put
him in the White House, then tell me how it will work. "Oh, I didn't
know Benghazi was a dangerous place."???? "Oh, nobody told me that
Pakistan had nukes"??

Oren[_2_] January 11th 14 06:18 PM

BridgeGate extends all the way to the top. Feds gettings involved

On Sat, 11 Jan 2014 10:05:43 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote:

When Christy fired tham, he didn't even ask why they did it he claims. Now why
on earth wouldn't he ask them , unless he already knew the answer, which is
clearly because Christy ordered it.

The left winger is making **** up. Christie did in fact say he fired
the woman "because she lied" and he lost confidence in some of his
staff.

Now Bob, go see if there are any confederates hiding in the bushes.

Bob F January 11th 14 06:21 PM

BridgeGate extends all the way to the top. Feds gettings involved

wrote:
Sigh.... The only pile of poop is what you just posted, starting
with the fact that you can't even spell the governors name.

The alleged "poop" in this case is that Christie and the Democratic
controlled legislature differ on who should or should not be appointed
to the Supreme Court. Wow, imagine that, Republicans and Democrats
disagreeing on SC appointments. Christie didn't re-appoint
a lib and that got the Dems all ****ed off. It was absolutely,
unquestionably within Christie's right and constitutional authority
as governor to do. Not only that, it's essential and what the voters
who elected Christie twice want, because the SC has wrecked the state,
with one lib loon ruling after another.

So, now loon Maddow over at MSNBC comes up with the bizarre theory
that the whole bridge thing was to punish senate democrat
leader Weinberg, not the Mayor of Ft Lee. The only problem is that
there is nothing to support it and lots to refute it.

Here is a nice piece that totally demolishes it. Basic fact is that
in all the emails, memos, etc, Weinberg is not mentioned even once.
Ft Lee Mayor Sokolich, is mentioned many times, they even refer to
him as "the little Serb" So, why are they talking about the mayor
if Weinberg is the real target?

http://www.businessinsider.com/rache...einberg-2014-1

As if the reason they did it matters at all. The FACT that they did it is the
problem.

Bob F January 11th 14 06:29 PM

Stormin Mormon wrote:
[Among the documents..... ]

Let he who hath not sinned cast the first stone.

WOW! you should talk, stone thrower!

Bob F January 11th 14 06:31 PM

Daring Dufas: Hypocrite TeaBillie on welfare wrote:
No one gives **** about those made up scandals .. but she got to her
$110k retirement package .. how sweet.

Reall! These clowns STILL think these idiocies were something of substance.

Bob F January 11th 14 06:32 PM

BridgeGate extends all the way to the top. Feds gettings involved

wrote:
On Saturday, January 11, 2014 11:58:55 AM UTC-5, Mike Hunt-Hertz
wrote:
On 01/11/2014 09:04 AM,
wrote:

[snip]

Fast and Furious, Benghazi, IRS, not one person has been

fired. The most we had was Lerner resign and retire after

taking the fifth before Congress.

See the important differences?

There is no meaningful difference. All politicians are liars and
crooks.

BS. In the case of Christie, two PA people resigned, he fired his
deputy chief of staff, he told his former campaign manager that was
about to become GOP chair to get lost. He condemned their actions
over and over again in a two hour press conference.

But he has still to admit that they were following his orders.

Harley J. January 11th 14 06:43 PM

BridgeGate extends all the way to the top. Feds gettings involved

On 01/11/2014 01:33 PM, wrote:
It's not just talk. The two PA officials have resigned and are under
criminal investigation. He FIRED his deputy chief of staff. He told
his former campaign manager, who was about to become GOP chair in NJ
to get lost. That is ACTION.

Don't be so naive! These clowns protect each other.

When the dust settles, these guys will all have nice cushy middle 6-figure government jobs...especially the ones that keep quiet and take the fall for the big cheeseball.

Uncle Buck[_3_] January 11th 14 08:04 PM

BridgeGate extends all the way to the top. Feds gettings involved

On 01/11/2014 01:59 PM, wrote:

Nice try at moral equivalency and re-direction, but it won't fly.

No sense pulling sophomoric traffic pranks when you can make a few million.
This is how the lily-white Republican White Boy Club does it:

http://critcrim.org/critpapers/potter.htm

Oren[_2_] January 11th 14 08:05 PM

BridgeGate extends all the way to the top. Feds gettings involved

On Sat, 11 Jan 2014 10:32:10 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote:

BS. In the case of Christie, two PA people resigned, he fired his
deputy chief of staff, he told his former campaign manager that was
about to become GOP chair to get lost. He condemned their actions
over and over again in a two hour press conference.

But he has still to admit that they were following his orders.

I'll type this real slow for you Bob. Gov. Christie, in his long news
presser - painted himself in a tight corner. IF and ONLY if his name
shows up in documents as the one behind the mess - his toast is burnt.

He left himself no "wiggle-room" for later. I watched it live
streaming.

He stepped up to the plate and took on the press.

Did you yet find any confederates in the bushes at the tree line of
the forest?

Bob F January 11th 14 09:37 PM

wrote:

BS. In the case of Christie, two PA people resigned, he fired his
deputy chief of staff, he told his former campaign manager that was
about to become GOP chair to get lost. He condemned their actions
over and over again in a two hour press conference.

But he has still to admit that they were following his orders.

I'll type this real slow for you Bob. Gov. Christie, in his long news
presser - painted himself in a tight corner. IF and ONLY if his name
shows up in documents as the one behind the mess - his toast is burnt.

He left himself no "wiggle-room" for later. I watched it live
streaming.

He stepped up to the plate and took on the press.

Did you yet find any confederates in the bushes at the tree line of
the forest?

We'll see. a few days ago you probably would have claimed that the bridge deal
had nothing to do with Christie. The clown hired all these people, and clearly
at least established standards where this kind of action is what his people
thought he wanted. It's only a small step from there to ordering the actions
himself. We'll see what come out when these people are giving sworn testimony.
It only takes one to talk.

Daring Dufas: Hypocrite TeaBillie on welfare January 11th 14 10:08 PM

On Friday, January 10, 2014 8:30:45 PM UTC-6, David Smith Jr. wrote:
Officials loyal to Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey went to elaborate means to make it appear that the September closing of lanes leading to the George Washington Bridge was part of a traffic study, even though their private communications suggest the move was purely political, according to documents released on Friday.

The documents also show a concerted effort to keep their true motivation hidden, including the insistence by one official of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey in an email that communications about the matter should not be conducted by email or discussed publicly.

Among the documents was a PowerPoint presentation prepared after three days of snarled traffic, titled “EARLY assessment of the benefits of the trial.

It took 2 years to get Nixon. This fat moron isn't any smarter.

Oren[_2_] January 11th 14 10:12 PM

BridgeGate extends all the way to the top. Feds gettings involved

On Sat, 11 Jan 2014 13:09:10 -0500, Norminn
wrote:

The pundits I've heard so far think he is handling this about as well as
something like this can be handled - and he *is* getting national
exposure from it. So maybe it's not over for him yet.

Christie said he took responsibility. So much for that....talk is
cheap. Apparently problems in the Port Authority don't filter up to the
governor....did all the SMART people at the PA die on 9/11? Christie
can claim all he wants that he had no knowledge of the situation; put
him in the White House, then tell me how it will work. "Oh, I didn't
know Benghazi was a dangerous place."???? "Oh, nobody told me that
Pakistan had nukes"??

Norma,

Nice try azzhat. Make victims of 9/11, in a state of war, the bad
guy. Shame on you for dancing on the graves of innocent people from
countries around the world.

Just usual liberal tripe you speak.

Oren[_2_] January 11th 14 10:25 PM

BridgeGate extends all the way to the top. Feds gettings involved

On Sat, 11 Jan 2014 10:21:41 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

clearly because Christy ordered it.

Because it clearly involves potential *crimes* and it would be
inappropriate for Christie to get involved in asking them questions
where they may have committed criminal acts. That's for law enforcement
and the legislature committee investigating what happened to do.
For him to get involved in that would be inappropriate and the lib
loons like you would then accuse him of being involved in a cover-up.

The Kook-Aid drinkers don't likely know Christie was a former NJ state
AG. He prosecuted many corruption cases. His LEO experience tells him
to refrain from any appearance of impropriety...

Snooki hates him

Oren[_2_] January 11th 14 11:02 PM

BridgeGate extends all the way to the top. Feds gettings involved

wrote:

[...]

....and a while ago you would think you knew what I "probably" would
have done.

Let the people talk. As for "It's only a small step from there to
ordering the actions himself."

Find me ANY evidence Christie condoned any of his staff to step
outside the boundaries of their administrative authority polices.

I'll refrain from explaining policy and politics. Maybe you have
confederates in the bushes.

[email protected] January 12th 14 02:06 AM

BridgeGate extends all the way to the top. Feds gettings involved

One one level it is amusing, the woman's name is BRIDGEt Kelly.
One the other level, someone needs to go to jail, if the occupy movement or some other protest group blocked traffic for four day, you can be sure someone would end up in the slammer. Good for the goose, good for the gander.

Mark

Stormin Mormon[_10_] January 12th 14 02:21 AM

On 1/11/2014 9:06 PM, wrote:
One one level it is amusing, the woman's name is BRIDGEt Kelly.
One the other level, someone needs to go to jail, if the occupy movement or some other protest group blocked traffic for four day, you can be sure someone would end up in the slammer. Good for the goose, good for the gander.

Mark

Occupy would get federal funding. Tea party
would all get cuffed and stuffed.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds January 12th 14 04:21 AM

BridgeGate extends all the way to the top. Feds gettings involved

wrote:

clearly because Christy ordered it.

Because it clearly involves potential *crimes* and it would be
inappropriate for Christie to get involved in asking them questions
where they may have committed criminal acts. That's for law enforcement
and the legislature committee investigating what happened to do.
For him to get involved in that would be inappropriate and the lib
loons like you would then accuse him of being involved in a cover-up.

The Kook-Aid drinkers don't likely know Christie was a former NJ state
AG. He prosecuted many corruption cases. His LEO experience tells him
to refrain from any appearance of impropriety...

Snooki hates him

so do his political handlers

Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds January 12th 14 04:25 AM

wrote:

BS. In the case of Christie, two PA people resigned, he fired his
deputy chief of staff, he told his former campaign manager that was
about to become GOP chair to get lost. He condemned their actions
over and over again in a two hour press conference.

But he has still to admit that they were following his orders.

I'll type this real slow for you Bob. Gov. Christie, in his long news
presser - painted himself in a tight corner. IF and ONLY if his name
shows up in documents as the one behind the mess - his toast is burnt.

He left himself no "wiggle-room" for later. I watched it live
streaming.

He stepped up to the plate and took on the press.

Did you yet find any confederates in the bushes at the tree line of
the forest?

let's see, Christie is Guv of NJ which essentially owns/controls half of
the PA, the busiest bridge in the world gets clogged for 4 days and he
never asked anyone about why?

Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds January 12th 14 04:29 AM

Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 1/11/2014 9:06 PM, wrote:
One one level it is amusing, the woman's name is BRIDGEt Kelly.
One the other level, someone needs to go to jail, if the occupy movement or
some other protest group blocked traffic for four day, you can be sure
someone would end up in the slammer. Good for the goose, good for the
gander.

Mark

Occupy would get federal funding. Tea party
would all get cuffed and stuffed.

tea party are too good to dirty their hands with a public protest,
better to just shut the gov't down

Kurt Ullman January 12th 14 09:44 AM

BridgeGate extends all the way to the top. Feds gettings involved

In article ,
"Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" wrote:

tell us who cut the State Depts Security Budget?

Among others the Dem-controlled Senate?
--
³Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive,
but what they conceal is vital.²

[email protected][_2_] January 12th 14 01:06 PM

wrote:

clearly because Christy ordered it.

Because it clearly involves potential *crimes* and it would be

inappropriate for Christie to get involved in asking them questions

where they may have committed criminal acts. That's for law enforcement

and the legislature committee investigating what happened to do.

For him to get involved in that would be inappropriate and the lib

loons like you would then accuse him of being involved in a cover-up.

The Kook-Aid drinkers don't likely know Christie was a former NJ state

AG. He prosecuted many corruption cases. His LEO experience tells him

to refrain from any appearance of impropriety...

Snooki hates him

Actually he was a former US attorney, but your point is valid. He
went after and prosecuted a huge number of corrupt politicians in NJ.
It's hard to believe someone with his background and future ambitions
would be involved in such a stupid, pointless and childless action.
So much of this makes no sense. Christie says he didn't even know who
the mayor of Ft Lee was. Ft Lee is a small town, it's not like Newark,
no real significance. The mayor says no one asked him for his
endorsement of Christie. So, what exactly was anyone so ****ed about
that they wanted to retaliate?

And even the retaliation chosen makes no sense. They punished Republicans
and Democrats stuck
in traffic. And it's hard to imagine anyone in that traffic jam blaming the
mayor for a taffic backup due to closing lanes on the GW Bridge approach that
the mayor has nothing to do with. We still don't know how all this started
and I would not be surprised to find that there was some other motive
involved other than the mayor not endorsing Christie. Like those involved
had their own issue with him over some grudge. Also, if it was
over an endorsement that was never even asked for, then by now you
would think we'd have a long list of other Democrat mayors, etc talking
to reporters about how they has similar things done to them.

[email protected][_2_] January 12th 14 01:14 PM

On Saturday, January 11, 2014 1:21:03 PM UTC-5, Bob F wrote:
wrote:

[...]

It wasn't me that brought up the new theory about why they did it.
It was Rachel MAddow, one of you libs. Her theory makes no
sense at all. But I guess you don't understand basic criminal investigations.
Motive is one of the things they always try to establish. Among
other things, the motive may involve which criminal laws apply, penalties,
or whether something is even a crime at all.

Daring Dufas: Hypocrite TeaBillie on welfare January 12th 14 01:48 PM

BridgeGate extends all the way to the top. Feds gettings involved

Cite.

There is a difference between the two. Racist TeaBillies hate this country and want a nazi facism dictatorship and the others don't

Robert Green January 12th 14 06:12 PM

BridgeGate extends all the way to the top. Feds gettings involved

"micky" wrote in message

stuff snipped

But here's an experiment. Assume Christi is totally innocent.

Not likely, but let's do it for hypothecation. Also, spell his name right
because Christie supporters will attempt to dismiss your entire argument
over a spelling error. (-:

Given his personality, you know he wants to curse, or tell off in the
strongest way, the woman he fired. You know he wants to call the guy he
appointed and curse him out.

You're assuming this all hasn't been well-orchestrated and that those fired
aren't in line for well-paid sinecures.

But even wrong-doers** get self-righteous when they imagine they've been

overly criticized,

"I am not a crook!" comes to mind. (-: I wonder whether in a state like
NJ, with perpetually bad traffic and Christie having squashed the building
of a new tunnel to relieve the jams, an impeachment effort could gain
traction. I can't imagine what you could do to **** off citizens who have
to drive in NJ traffic more than closing lanes for no reason. I think that
lots of people who liked Christie (me, before this) are now worrying what
he'll do if he ever reaches the Whitehouse. You can't step harder on your
own dick then he just did.

if he does this, there's a good chance they'll tell the press that Christi

told them to
do this, even though he didn't (we're assuming).

Yes, he's on a tightrope now. If Kelly or one of the others feel they are
being singled out for all the blame, they could easily have some evidence to
exonerate them, like a pocket tape recording or something equally damning.
This river has only just started to flow.

**And they probably think they did nothing wrong. After all, isn't
this how the game is played!

That's exactly right. A vengeful boss, as Christie is purported to be, will
tolerate a culture of revenge because it aligns with his beliefs. Just like
if the boss starts wearing suspenders, suddenly the staff does, too. (-:
humor alert

--
Bobby G.

Robert Green January 12th 14 06:28 PM

BridgeGate extends all the way to the top. Feds gettings involved

"Bob F" wrote in message

stuff snipped

http://www.businessinsider.com/rache...einberg-2014-1

As if the reason they did it matters at all. The FACT that they did it is

the
problem.

Sorry, T4 just can't admit that this is an act of malice, not an accident or
a case of poor judgment. Attempting to discredit Maddow is plain and simple
misdirection. Maddow's article actually makes a lot of sense, even if the
BusinessInsider doesn't think so. I suspect it will all come out as the
Christie machine is examined from head to tail for more scandals.

--
Bobby G.

Robert Green January 12th 14 06:32 PM

BridgeGate extends all the way to the top. Feds gettings involved

"Bob F" wrote in message

stuff snipped

When Christy fired tham, he didn't even ask why they did it he claims. Now

why
on earth wouldn't he ask them , unless he already knew the answer, which

is
clearly because Christy ordered it.

Excellent point. Reminds me of the murder cases of drug dealers. When the
cops retrieve their cellphones they are usually overloaded with post-mortem
calls from frantic druggies looking for a fix. Many times, however, ONE
frequent called will have stopped calling right after the dealer's death.
Why? Because he is the one that killed the dealer and he knows he's not
going to be answering his phone anymore.

--
Bobby G.

Robert Green January 12th 14 06:38 PM

BridgeGate extends all the way to the top. Feds gettings involved

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message

stuff snipped

The pundits I've heard so far think he is handling this about as well as
something like this can be handled - and he *is* getting national
exposure from it. So maybe it's not over for him yet.

There is a theory in marketing that says: "There's no such thing as bad
publicity." Unfortunately, in this case, Christie's in a position to have
people think of him and his dirty tricks every time they are stuck in a
traffic jam (that's quite often in NJ).

This scandal's still young. There are many, many ways for this to grow
much, much worse even though Christie seems to be handling it as well as
anyone. The big problem is that this wasn't bad judgment or an accident.
It was performed with malice aforethought, and legally, that puts him in a
very bad spot if a true smoking gun with his fingerprints materializes.

Unlike the alleged scandals Fox beats on daily, Bridgegate involves a very
high up in Christie's organization. A hand-picked lieutenant whose actions
he *should* have known about. He's faced with either being an idiot for not
knowing, or a liar for knowing. Not good choices.

--
Bobby G.