Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Quiet Line Windows (Milgard)

Does anyone here have any experience with Milgard "Quiet
Line" windows?

Comments appreciated.

--
croy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 10:53:34 -0800, croy
wrote:

Does anyone here have any experience with Milgard "Quiet
Line" windows?

Have a link to the product?

Comments appreciated.

20 years ago Milgard windows were thought as low end (IME). I have
noticed the quality has improved and reputation is gaining. Don't know
where you live, climate, needs, single windows or a whole house full.

Always asked if the product will be installed by a factory trained
contractor or one approved by the company. With a poor install; the
warranty ain't worth a flip.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Does anyone here have any experience with Milgard "Quiet
Line" windows?

Have a link to the product?

Comments appreciated.

20 years ago Milgard windows were thought as low end (IME). I have
noticed the quality has improved and reputation is gaining. Don't know
where you live, climate, needs, single windows or a whole house full.

Always asked if the product will be installed by a factory trained
contractor or one approved by the company. With a poor install; the
warranty ain't worth a flip.

I don't know about that. I bought a whole bunch of Simonton windows from
the local Norandex-Reynolds dealer. Installed them myself. No one checked
my work. 2 years later the upper sash of one window went foggy. I called
Simonton, gave them the serial number of the window and a week later I had
a new sash which popped right into place.

No questions asked. Well, actually there was one question asked: "What's
the serial number of the sash."

I don't know what kind of problem would cause them to send someone to check
my installation, but a foggy sash certainly wasn't an issue.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I was trying to make the point that if the window installed, develops
operation problems, not following mfr. directions - a warranty claim
may be denied. A cracked, foggy sash may not be related to the actual
install. By factory trained installers I mean folks that have visited
to factory, receive some training and are familiar with the
requirement in installation of that product.

Best to ask up front, so you would know.

I've seen installers that worked on piece work. Like $15.00 per
window. AND you get a $15.00 install.

Don't know now but 10 years ago Certainteed (sp) and Andersen still
wanted factory trained installers's.