DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Do you ever ............ ? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/365971-do-you-ever.html)

SteveB[_15_] January 2nd 14 09:17 PM

Do you ever ............ ?

Wake up at two in the morning with your head going 90 mph, and you can't
sleep. Your body crawls like you were in a bed of earthworms. You just
want to get up and go for a ten mile run. No sleeping. No shutting off
the deadlines, or the HoneyDew lists, or the regular list of things you
make for yourself?

Not restless leg, but whole body anxiety, like the feeling you have when
you just got missed by a car that was going sixty miles an hour. That
shuddering sensation. But it doesn't go away.

Was supposed to go to the doctor today, but when I looked, it was for
NEXT Thursday. ****.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Steve

philo [_2_] January 2nd 14 09:40 PM

Do you ever ............ ?

On 01/02/2014 03:17 PM, SteveB wrote:
Wake up at two in the morning with your head going 90 mph, and you can't
sleep. Your body crawls like you were in a bed of earthworms. You just
want to get up and go for a ten mile run. No sleeping. No shutting off
the deadlines, or the HoneyDew lists, or the regular list of things you
make for yourself?

Not restless leg, but whole body anxiety, like the feeling you have when
you just got missed by a car that was going sixty miles an hour. That
shuddering sensation. But it doesn't go away.

Was supposed to go to the doctor today, but when I looked, it was for
NEXT Thursday. ****.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Steve

See if your doctor can move your appointment up...
and definitely stay off the coffee

Oren[_2_] January 2nd 14 09:48 PM

Do you ever ............ ?

On Thu, 02 Jan 2014 14:17:19 -0700, SteveB wrote:

Not restless leg, but whole body anxiety, like the feeling you have when
you just got missed by a car that was going sixty miles an hour. That
shuddering sensation. But it doesn't go away.

Sounds like the trommel gear box needs a lubin'

Jon Danniken[_7_] January 2nd 14 09:49 PM

Do you ever ............ ?

On 01/02/2014 01:17 PM, SteveB wrote:
Wake up at two in the morning with your head going 90 mph, and you can't
sleep. Your body crawls like you were in a bed of earthworms. You just
want to get up and go for a ten mile run. No sleeping. No shutting off
the deadlines, or the HoneyDew lists, or the regular list of things you
make for yourself?

Not restless leg, but whole body anxiety, like the feeling you have when
you just got missed by a car that was going sixty miles an hour. That
shuddering sensation. But it doesn't go away.

Was supposed to go to the doctor today, but when I looked, it was for
NEXT Thursday. ****.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Get up and eat something or get in the shop and use that energy to work
on your project(s). It's also a good indication that you need more
exercise during the day.

Jon

ChairMan[_6_] January 2nd 14 09:52 PM

Do you ever ............ ?

In ,
Lab Lover belched:

I prefer Valium...............mothers little___________

Gordon Shumway January 2nd 14 10:34 PM

Do you ever ............ ?

On Thu, 02 Jan 2014 14:17:19 -0700, SteveB wrote:

Wake up at two in the morning with your head going 90 mph, and you can't
sleep. Your body crawls like you were in a bed of earthworms. You just
want to get up and go for a ten mile run. No sleeping. No shutting off
the deadlines, or the HoneyDew lists, or the regular list of things you
make for yourself?

Not restless leg, but whole body anxiety, like the feeling you have when
you just got missed by a car that was going sixty miles an hour. That
shuddering sensation. But it doesn't go away.

Was supposed to go to the doctor today, but when I looked, it was for
NEXT Thursday. ****.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Steve

I'm sure you could find something here to take your mind off what ever
bothers you.

http://www.femalecompanions.com/female-escorts/

Norminn January 2nd 14 10:46 PM

Do you ever ............ ?

On 1/2/2014 4:17 PM, SteveB wrote:
Wake up at two in the morning with your head going 90 mph, and you can't
sleep. Your body crawls like you were in a bed of earthworms. You just
want to get up and go for a ten mile run. No sleeping. No shutting off
the deadlines, or the HoneyDew lists, or the regular list of things you
make for yourself?

What's on the deadline list? On the HoneyDo list?

Not restless leg, but whole body anxiety, like the feeling you have when
you just got missed by a car that was going sixty miles an hour. That
shuddering sensation. But it doesn't go away.

Was supposed to go to the doctor today, but when I looked, it was for
NEXT Thursday. ****.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Steve

Anxiety? Hyperthyroid? This is only at night? Can it be sleep apnea?
On Rx meds, alcohol, caffeine? Weight, and BP in normal range? Weight
loss or gain? I won't add distant possibilities, as you have enough on
your mind, for sure. I've seen panic attacks, up close and personal,
described as fear that the person feels they might be dying....nothing
wrong with going to an ER if that kind of stuff is going on. I have had
one panic attack myself, during a time stress was maxing out (very
little of my life has been stress-free, and that must be very similar to
being dead.)...it hit suddenly, and I really couldn't move. I was
crying and calling for help; fortunately, in hind sight, nobody saw me :o)

Also nothing wrong with calling doc and trying to move up appointment;
not too many offices take on urgent issues; just want to send you to the Er.

Bob F January 2nd 14 11:08 PM

Do you ever ............ ?

SteveB wrote:
Wake up at two in the morning with your head going 90 mph, and you
can't sleep. Your body crawls like you were in a bed of earthworms. You just
want to get up and go for a ten mile run. No sleeping. No
shutting off the deadlines, or the HoneyDew lists, or the regular
list of things you make for yourself?

Not restless leg, but whole body anxiety, like the feeling you have
when you just got missed by a car that was going sixty miles an hour.
That shuddering sensation. But it doesn't go away.

Was supposed to go to the doctor today, but when I looked, it was for
NEXT Thursday. ****.

Ideas? Suggestions?

A friend of mine was having serious trouble sleeping, even though taking several
drugs to help. She went to a sleep doctor, who sent her to a "sleep coach" after
telling her that the drugs needed would just increase over time otherwise. After
going on a strict routine for a couple months, she's sleeping better than she
had in years with much rediction of the drugs. The doctor said the insomnia is a
learned thing, and you can unlearn it.

One of the routine rules was that she could only do 2 things in bed. Not read,
watch TV, etc. She went to bed at a certain time (very late for her) and got up
at a certain time (kinda early for her). After awhile, the body learns to sleep
when it is time.

Stormin Mormon[_10_] January 2nd 14 11:39 PM

Do you ever ............ ?

On 1/2/2014 4:40 PM, philo wrote:
On 01/02/2014 03:17 PM, SteveB wrote:

Was supposed to go to the doctor today, but when I looked, it was for
NEXT Thursday. ****.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Steve

See if your doctor can move your appointment up...
and definitely stay off the coffee

I've not had it that badly, but some times I do
wake up with ideas or bad dreams. When that happens,
I go to the computer, and post some more on AHR.

Coming up on the one month aniversary of my father's
death. I've seen and talked with him a couple times
in dreams, while I was asleep. Tough waking up and
realized it's just a dream.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Stormin Mormon[_10_] January 2nd 14 11:42 PM

Do you ever ............ ?

On 1/2/2014 4:48 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 02 Jan 2014 14:17:19 -0700, SteveB wrote:

Not restless leg, but whole body anxiety, like the feeling you have when
you just got missed by a car that was going sixty miles an hour. That
shuddering sensation. But it doesn't go away.

Sounds like the trommel gear box needs a lubin'

Might be the draft inducer box?
Oh wait, I'm not allowed to say that.
Sorry.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Meanie[_4_] January 2nd 14 11:55 PM

Do you ever ............ ?

On 1/2/2014 4:17 PM, SteveB wrote:
Wake up at two in the morning with your head going 90 mph, and you can't
sleep. Your body crawls like you were in a bed of earthworms. You just
want to get up and go for a ten mile run. No sleeping. No shutting off
the deadlines, or the HoneyDew lists, or the regular list of things you
make for yourself?

Not restless leg, but whole body anxiety, like the feeling you have when
you just got missed by a car that was going sixty miles an hour. That
shuddering sensation. But it doesn't go away.

Was supposed to go to the doctor today, but when I looked, it was for
NEXT Thursday. ****.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Steve

Could be many reasons from diet to bad rituals/habits.

Certain foods (fatty foods) can cause insomnia and/or restless sleep
along with inconsistent eating habits.

Irregular bedtime hours.

Smoking before bedtime.

Lack of exercise.

emitting lights such as a night light.

Raised body temperature/bed too warm.

Medication.

Watching tv prior to bed.

These are some issues which could result in what you are experiencing.

I don't believe in taking meds unless it's the LAST RESORT.

If you don't exercise, try stretching muscles throughout the day and
prior to bed. It helps the body relax and avoid the restless leg
syndrome. If you don't exercise, I suggest starting, even if mild.
Studies indicate even mild exercise aids in sound sleep.

Meditation can also help release the anxiety. Learning to relax and
focus on non-stressful scenarios will eliminate the marathon running mind.

Sometimes there just isn't anything one can do to avoid a restless
night. That's when it may be time for a pill or serious shot of tequila.
But be ready for a slight hangover.

Overall, I have great success with meditation and exercising. Keeping
the body and mind in shape allows me great sleep.

willshak January 3rd 14 12:02 AM

Do you ever ............ ?

SteveB wrote:
Wake up at two in the morning with your head going 90 mph, and you can't
sleep. Your body crawls like you were in a bed of earthworms. You just
want to get up and go for a ten mile run. No sleeping. No shutting off
the deadlines, or the HoneyDew lists, or the regular list of things you
make for yourself?

Not restless leg, but whole body anxiety, like the feeling you have when
you just got missed by a car that was going sixty miles an hour. That
shuddering sensation. But it doesn't go away.

Was supposed to go to the doctor today, but when I looked, it was for
NEXT Thursday. ****.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Steve

Are you taking any medications before bedtime?

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

philo [_2_] January 3rd 14 12:05 AM

Do you ever ............ ?

On 01/02/2014 05:39 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/2/2014 4:40 PM, philo wrote:
On 01/02/2014 03:17 PM, SteveB wrote:

Was supposed to go to the doctor today, but when I looked, it was for
NEXT Thursday. ****.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Steve

See if your doctor can move your appointment up...
and definitely stay off the coffee

I've not had it that badly, but some times I do
wake up with ideas or bad dreams. When that happens,
I go to the computer, and post some more on AHR.

Coming up on the one month aniversary of my father's
death. I've seen and talked with him a couple times
in dreams, while I was asleep. Tough waking up and
realized it's just a dream.

Sorry about your father, mine has been gone for 25 years.

I am often filled with energy so I just put it to use.

I am usually up at 4am and do all my chores, post on Usenet and work on
computers in my basement workshop.

By 8 am I am usually good and tired and go back to bed for a few hours.
When I wake up again...all my chores are done and it's like it all
happened in a dream!

My wife thinks I'm nuts and she's right.

bob haller January 3rd 14 12:09 AM

Do you ever ............ ?

I get this way from STRESS:( tends to occur in winter. Docs tell me I have seasonal effective disorder.

In the past a visit to warm sunny area like florida or the caribean helps....

sunny warm with lots of activity....

I become very non productive and just want to crawl into bed, with blanket over my head.

Wierdly I think I have always been this way, but its getting worse as I get older i am 57 this month

Norminn January 3rd 14 12:17 AM

Do you ever ............ ?

On 1/2/2014 6:08 PM, Bob F wrote:
SteveB wrote:
[...]

Much credit to the doc and the patient. Addictive meds are the worst
choice, and rarely really necessary.....I sleep a lot less than I used
to, and wake the first time around 4 am...big deal. I am refreshed when
I wake up and rarely take naps. I would argue one point, that reading
in bed is not good. It works for me, except that I fall asleep, drop
the book, and that wakes me up ;o)

Norminn January 3rd 14 12:25 AM

Do you ever ............ ?

On 1/2/2014 7:09 PM, bob haller wrote:
I get this way from STRESS:( tends to occur in winter. Docs tell me I have seasonal effective disorder.

In the past a visit to warm sunny area like florida or the caribean helps....

sunny warm with lots of activity....

I become very non productive and just want to crawl into bed, with blanket over my head.

Wierdly I think I have always been this way, but its getting worse as I get older i am 57 this month

My gray, cloudy neighborhood used to bother me a whole lot more than
now....Now, I really look forward to whatever the changing weather
brings. Darn cold, windy, about 8" of snow on the ground and I actually
enjoy going out to shovel snow....I think part of the enjoyment is
knowing most people of my age can't do it any more. When the snow is
gone, I'll be checking the koi pond for baby bullfrogs and starting
plants for the garden.

Buy a couple of orchid plants, christmas cactus, or potted azaleas.
Learn to care for them...they bloom in winter and might brighten your
day. Always good to have something to look forward to.

As for Florida, the sun, warmth and geography are wonderful; the
freaking human inhabitants spoil it.

Stormin Mormon[_10_] January 3rd 14 12:44 AM

Do you ever ............ ?

On 1/2/2014 7:05 PM, philo wrote:

Sorry about your father, mine has been gone for 25 years.

I am often filled with energy so I just put it to use.

I am usually up at 4am and do all my chores, post on Usenet and work on
computers in my basement workshop.

By 8 am I am usually good and tired and go back to bed for a few hours.
When I wake up again...all my chores are done and it's like it all
happened in a dream!

My wife thinks I'm nuts and she's right.

Dad was in hospice for a while, but I thought he had longer. Ah, well.
But gld to hear that your chores and such get done.
--
..
Christopher A. Young

Stormin Mormon[_10_] January 3rd 14 12:46 AM

Do you ever ............ ?

On 1/2/2014 7:09 PM, bob haller wrote:
I get this way from STRESS:( tends to occur

in winter. Docs tell me I have seasonal
effective disorder.

In the past a visit to warm sunny area like

florida or the caribean helps....

sunny warm with lots of activity....

I become very non productive and just want to

crawl into bed, with blanket over my head.

Wierdly I think I have always been this way,

but its getting worse as I get older i am 57
this month

I was out driving today, and the snow and hard
pack snow was stress. Came home to take a nap.

Wow, 57, that's grampa age.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Fred January 3rd 14 12:56 AM

Do you ever ............ ?

I had symptoms similar to yours.
Fortunately I saw Dr. Lustig's piece on 60 Minutes.

This video saved my life! Seriously!

http://uctv.tv/shows/Sugar-The-Bitter-Truth-16717

Oren[_2_] January 3rd 14 12:58 AM

Do you ever ............ ?

On Thu, 2 Jan 2014 16:09:55 -0800 (PST), bob haller
wrote:

I get this way from STRESS:( tends to occur in winter. Docs tell me I have seasonal effective disorder.

What you have is cabin fever.

In the past a visit to warm sunny area like florida or the caribean helps....

sunny warm with lots of activity....

I become very non productive and just want to crawl into bed, with blanket over my head.

Wierdly I think I have always been this way, but its getting worse as I get older i am 57 this month

LMAO!

That right there is funny.

philo [_2_] January 3rd 14 01:01 AM

Do you ever ............ ?

On 01/02/2014 06:44 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Dad was in hospice for a while, but I thought he had longer. Ah, well.
But gld to hear that your chores and such get done.

My father expressed that he never wanted a lingering illness
and at age 63 he dropped dead of a heart attack.

His diet consisted mainly of fatty meat. Though I was not a huge meat
eater...I decided to go the chicken and fish route.

Like I said, that was 25 years ago.

When I got my knees replaced 18 months ago I had to undergo a thorough
heart examination and they said I was in great shape.

Who knows, maybe my father's ill fortune saved me.

Oren[_2_] January 3rd 14 01:08 AM

Do you ever ............ ?

On Thu, 02 Jan 2014 19:25:14 -0500, Norminn
wrote:

As for Florida, the sun, warmth and geography are wonderful; the
freaking human inhabitants spoil it.

How long was it before you figured that out :-\

Bumper Sticker:

_Will the last American leaving Miami, please bring the Flag._

Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds January 3rd 14 01:14 AM

Do you ever ............ ?

In article ,
SteveB wrote:

Wake up at two in the morning with your head going 90 mph, and you can't
sleep. Your body crawls like you were in a bed of earthworms. You just
want to get up and go for a ten mile run. No sleeping. No shutting off
the deadlines, or the HoneyDew lists, or the regular list of things you
make for yourself?

Not restless leg, but whole body anxiety, like the feeling you have when
you just got missed by a car that was going sixty miles an hour. That
shuddering sensation. But it doesn't go away.

Was supposed to go to the doctor today, but when I looked, it was for
NEXT Thursday. ****.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Steve

call the doctors office for an emergency appt or call your insurance
plans advice nurse

Dan Espen[_2_] January 3rd 14 03:54 AM

Azaleas indoors?

Norminn writes:

Buy a couple of orchid plants, christmas cactus, or potted
azaleas. Learn to care for them...they bloom in winter and might
brighten your day. Always good to have something to look forward to.

I just got my first orchid plant to re-bloom, the second one is on it's
way. Christmas Cactus we've had for years, they bloom all winter,
they're great.

But Azaleas? Do they need a lot of light?
How often do they bloom?

--
Dan Espen

SteveB[_15_] January 3rd 14 05:30 AM

Do you ever ............ ?

On 1/2/2014 2:31 PM, Lab Lover wrote:
On Thu, 02 Jan 2014 14:17:19 -0700, SteveB wrote:

Wake up at two in the morning with your head going 90 mph, and you can't
sleep. Your body crawls like you were in a bed of earthworms. You just
want to get up and go for a ten mile run. No sleeping. No shutting off
the deadlines, or the HoneyDew lists, or the regular list of things you
make for yourself?

Not restless leg, but whole body anxiety, like the feeling you have when
you just got missed by a car that was going sixty miles an hour. That
shuddering sensation. But it doesn't go away.

Was supposed to go to the doctor today, but when I looked, it was for
NEXT Thursday. ****.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Steve

Xanax

Right now, one to two a night. 1 mg. size. One at bedtime, one around
two AM.

Steve

SteveB[_15_] January 3rd 14 05:32 AM

Do you ever ............ ?

On 1/2/2014 2:40 PM, philo wrote:
On 01/02/2014 03:17 PM, SteveB wrote:
Wake up at two in the morning with your head going 90 mph, and you can't
sleep. Your body crawls like you were in a bed of earthworms. You just
want to get up and go for a ten mile run. No sleeping. No shutting off
the deadlines, or the HoneyDew lists, or the regular list of things you
make for yourself?

Not restless leg, but whole body anxiety, like the feeling you have when
you just got missed by a car that was going sixty miles an hour. That
shuddering sensation. But it doesn't go away.

Was supposed to go to the doctor today, but when I looked, it was for
NEXT Thursday. ****.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Steve

See if your doctor can move your appointment up...
and definitely stay off the coffee

I drink one cup a day, and they can't even move up my cancer surgery
date, and I am in an "increased risk" group.

Steve

SteveB[_15_] January 3rd 14 05:36 AM

Do you ever ............ ?

On 1/2/2014 5:02 PM, willshak wrote:

Are you taking any medications before bedtime?

I take six on rising, and eight at bedtime. As directed by the doctor.

Steve

SteveB[_15_] January 3rd 14 05:41 AM

Do you ever ............ ?

In article ,
SteveB wrote:

Wake up at two in the morning with your head going 90 mph, and you can't
sleep. Your body crawls like you were in a bed of earthworms. You just
want to get up and go for a ten mile run. No sleeping. No shutting off
the deadlines, or the HoneyDew lists, or the regular list of things you
make for yourself?

Not restless leg, but whole body anxiety, like the feeling you have when
you just got missed by a car that was going sixty miles an hour. That
shuddering sensation. But it doesn't go away.

Was supposed to go to the doctor today, but when I looked, it was for
NEXT Thursday. ****.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Steve

call the doctors office for an emergency appt or call your insurance
plans advice nurse

It takes me from three to seven days to penetrate the robot phone tree
and get a human to call me back. They threw me out of the coumadin
clinic because I had an out of area cell phone area code. I had to go
in and explain the phone was a gift, and lots of people had phones that
weren't in the area they lived. I asked the meanie secretary who
started it all what her area code was, and she finally admitted it was
in Colorado, where she had moved from. Case closed, reinstated to
coumadin maintenence clinic.

Steve

Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds January 3rd 14 06:11 AM

Do you ever ............ ?

In article ,
SteveB wrote:

In article ,
SteveB wrote:

[...]

damn, I'm sure glad I can reach my doctor with a simple phone call or
email and if worse comes to worse, I can actually go to the doctors
office and speak to the receptionist.

you'd be amazed at the quick service you get if you start shaking, fall
to the ground and muttering gibberish

Norminn January 3rd 14 09:59 AM

Do you ever ............ ?

On 1/3/2014 12:30 AM, SteveB wrote:
[...]

Bad fix unless you are ready to lose your mind :o) Xanax is highly
addicting, and not good at all for long term use.

The Daring Dufas[_8_] January 3rd 14 11:16 AM

Do you ever ............ ?

On 1/2/2014 4:40 PM, philo wrote:
[...]

I actually went out on a job today with my roommate. I had converted a
D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N Router, with a 4 port switch into an access
point for a customer who owns a restaurant where he and management use
iPads and iPhones in the kitchen area. I set him up a separate network
from his general wireless network used by customers and it's on his POS
network which is separated from the network used by customers. I found
the wireless router in a junk pile in an equipment room a few years ago
when me and JH were installing a T1 interface for a customer. The thing
has a 2010 date code on it so it was fairly new and I took it home and
adopted it until I found another newer castaway Linksys Wireless-N
router. I got down on my hands and knees under a desk to tie into the
back office network which caused me blinding pain but later we dropped
by a couple of stores so I could pick up items I needed and walking
around the first store hurt a lot with me using the shopping cart as a
walker. When we got to the next store I wasn't hurting as bad and didn't
have to use the shopping cart there as much for support as when I was at
the first store. Getting out and moving around definitely helps me a
lot. Today I'm going over to the house belonging to the widow of my late
friend GB to find out what's wrong with the central heat. Hopefully it's
something simple and won't cost anything to repair. Dang it's cold for
this part of the country. 21°F Heat Index 7°F right now at 5:15am. My
Yankee cousins laugh at that temperature and my Canadian cousins would
be walking around in shorts. ^_^

TDD

The Daring Dufas[_8_] January 3rd 14 11:31 AM

Do you ever ............ ?

On 1/2/2014 4:34 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
[...]

At one time you could find them on Craigslist pretty cheap. ^_^

TDD

The Daring Dufas[_8_] January 3rd 14 11:34 AM

Do you ever ............ ?

wrote:

I get this way from STRESS:( tends to occur in winter. Docs tell me I have seasonal effective disorder.

What you have is cabin fever.

In the past a visit to warm sunny area like florida or the caribean helps....

sunny warm with lots of activity....

I become very non productive and just want to crawl into bed, with blanket over my head.

Wierdly I think I have always been this way, but its getting worse as I get older i am 57 this month

LMAO!

That right there is funny.

A little kid, I have a baby sister who turned 59 January 1st. ^_^

TDD

The Daring Dufas[_8_] January 3rd 14 11:40 AM

Do you ever ............ ?

On 1/3/2014 12:11 AM, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:
In article ,
SteveB wrote:

In article ,
SteveB wrote:

[...]

I like to walk up to the nurse's desk and say, "What's it mean when
blood squirts out of your navel?" When they start to panic, I say, "Oh
no, it's not happening to me, I was just always wanted to know." ^_^

TDD

Stormin Mormon[_10_] January 3rd 14 12:16 PM

Do you ever ............ ?

[...]

Last night, I went to bed with 6 inches of heavy,
bitter cold snow on the side porch. Not much more
over night (looking out the window at vehicle roof).
I can't remember what it is, but 21F sounds warm,
compared. It's some like nine degrees F, out there.

Does the cold make your aches and pains worse? Does
me, but mostly due to shoveling snow.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

[email protected] January 3rd 14 12:57 PM

Do you ever ............ ?

On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 07:16:25 -0500, Stormin Mormon

[...]

When it gets cold enough the snow shovelling problem goes away. At
-27C it's too damn cold to snow!!!!

Stormin Mormon[_10_] January 3rd 14 01:01 PM

Do you ever ..shovel snow... ?

On 1/3/2014 7:57 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 07:16:25 -0500, Stormin Mormon
Last night, I went to bed with 6 inches of heavy,
bitter cold snow on the side porch. Not much more
over night (looking out the window at vehicle roof).
I can't remember what it is, but 21F sounds warm,
compared. It's some like nine degrees F, out there.

Does the cold make your aches and pains worse? Does
me, but mostly due to shoveling snow.

When it gets cold enough the snow shovelling problem goes away. At
-27C it's too damn cold to snow!!!!

Yes, I'm sure I'd do much the same. Says 9F out there,
when I got up. I'm going to wait and see if it warms
up a bit, before I go out.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Pavel314[_2_] January 3rd 14 01:19 PM

Do you ever ............ ?

On Thursday, January 2, 2014 4:17:19 PM UTC-5, SteveB wrote:
Wake up at two in the morning with your head going 90 mph, and you can't

sleep. Your body crawls like you were in a bed of earthworms. You just

want to get up and go for a ten mile run. No sleeping. No shutting off

the deadlines, or the HoneyDew lists, or the regular list of things you

make for yourself?

Not restless leg, but whole body anxiety, like the feeling you have when

you just got missed by a car that was going sixty miles an hour. That

shuddering sensation. But it doesn't go away.

Was supposed to go to the doctor today, but when I looked, it was for

NEXT Thursday. ****.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Steve

I get that occasionally, like every other month or so. If I can't get back to sleep in a half hour, I go downstairs and have a shot of whiskey. By the time I get back to bed, I'm falling asleep.

Paul

philo [_2_] January 3rd 14 01:37 PM

Do you ever ............ ?

On 01/02/2014 11:32 PM, SteveB wrote:

See if your doctor can move your appointment up...
and definitely stay off the coffee

I drink one cup a day, and they can't even move up my cancer surgery
date, and I am in an "increased risk" group.

I could not survive without coffee. I did not know you had cancer...real
sorry to hear that. I have a lot of friends who have gone through
surgery and I'll be darned, they are all survivors.