DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/365373-kaboob-gas-explosion-close-home.html)

Stormin Mormon[_10_] December 19th 13 12:03 PM

KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

I'm cooking with gas and wouldn't want it any other way. We also have
gas heat and a gas water heater. There are several electric heaters
around for spot heating. The cost of electric resistance heat is very
expensive with gas heat being the least expensive. Many years ago we had
the things called "Total Electric Homes" that were touted as the future
of the modern living with electrical power being so cheap it wouldn't
even be metered. It was assumed back then that there would be nuclear
power plants everywhere. ^_^

TDD

A couple friends of mine had a total electric home.
Then ice storm 1991 shut off the electric, and they
really froze inside their own home. Electric water
heater, too. After that, they installed a wood stove
in the cellar.

NG is often on, when the electric isn't. Which is a
good thing. Heating with a gas range isn't recommended,
but it's often done, and helps keep a person warm.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Stormin Mormon[_10_] December 19th 13 12:07 PM

KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

On 12/18/2013 11:42 AM, Pete C. wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 12/17/2013 11:24 PM, Pete C. wrote:

Have you looked at the actual stats? I believe NFPA has some good ones
showing 4,000+ residential gas explosions per year.

I'd sure like to see a URL. I did a search, including NFPA
web site, and can't find that stat.

Here is one of their reports:

http://www.nfpa.org/~/media/files/re...sfactsheet.pdf

They reorganized their site and it's a bit difficult to find things now.
There should be a gashomefactsheet.pdf and a gasnonhomefactsheet.pdf out
there as well.

Nice link, but it relates to fires from cooking. I guess you could not
find anything about the 4,000 gas explosions per year?

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Stormin Mormon[_10_] December 19th 13 12:08 PM

On 12/18/2013 11:44 AM, Pete C. wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:

Have you looked at the actual stats? I believe NFPA has some good ones
showing 4,000+ residential gas explosions per year.

Cite?

http://www.nfpa.org/~/media/files/re...sfactsheet.pdf

They reorganized their site and their search engine sucks. There should
also be gashomefactsheet.pdf and gasnonhomefactsheet.pdf out there as

The Daring Dufas[_8_] December 19th 13 12:12 PM

On 12/19/2013 6:03 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

I have a really big pot of water on the stove and the burner is on very
low which heats the water enough to put humidity in the air to help make
the house feel warmer. ^_^

TDD

Doug Miller[_4_] December 19th 13 12:40 PM

KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

"Pete C." wrote in news:52b24cf2$0$47739$862e30e2
@ngroups.net:

Surmise. assume, presume -- but you still don't have any actual evidence, do you?

You made it up, Pete.

Call NFPA and ask them if you don't think it's true.

That's not the way it works, Pete. You made the claim, you back it up.

Doug Miller[_4_] December 19th 13 12:41 PM

KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

"Pete C." wrote in news:52b24f0e$0$47708$862e30e2
@ngroups.net:

Doug Miller wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in news:52b207a3$0$47770$862e30e2
@ngroups.net:

There is a reason there isn't a separate stat for explosions - they are
the norm with gas leaks that find ignition sources.

It says "fires", not "explosions". The "4000+ explosions" is something you made up.

It's the reality of fires caused by gas leaks. Ask the NFPA if you don't
like it, but that doesn't change the facts.

The fact is that you claimed 4000+ explosions, then, when challenged, produced a cite
documenting 3200 *fires*.

It's not the same thing.

Your claim of 4000+ explosions is bull****.

Doug Miller[_4_] December 19th 13 12:42 PM

KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

"Pete C." wrote in news:52b250db$0$47967$862e30e2
@ngroups.net:

Doug Miller wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in news:52b207bf$0$47732$862e30e2
@ngroups.net:

wrote:

On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 23:24:59 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:
Have you looked at the actual stats? I believe NFPA has some good ones
showing 4,000+ residential gas explosions per year.

You're a liar.

http://www.nfpa.org/~/media/files/re...sfactsheet.pdf

Like the man said, Pete -- you're a liar. That talks about *fires*.

The stuff about explosions, you just made up.

Nope, you just don't like the facts so you call me names. The fact is
that an independent source confirms exactly what I said.

You're lying *again*. The *fact* is that the source you cited does *not* confirm what you
said. You claimed 4000+ explosions. Not fires.

Doug Miller[_4_] December 19th 13 12:43 PM

KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

"Pete C." wrote in news:52b25108$0$47965$862e30e2
@ngroups.net:

Doug Miller wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in news:52b2089e$0$47959$862e30e2
@ngroups.net:

Doug Miller wrote:

(Cindy Hamilton) wrote in news:O4nsu.341$wZ.31
@newsreading01.news.tds.net:

Clearly, I don't believe that gas presents a statistically significant
danger. We've had this exact discussion before, and neither
of us was convinced of the other's position.

You won't ever convince Pete of your position, because he's an anti-gas kook whose

mind is
already made up.

And he won't ever convince you, or anyone else, of his position because he doesn't

know
what he's talking about. There simply are not 4000+ residential gas explosions per

year
in the
U.S. That's something that Pete made up.

I've provided cites to the statistics, and further anyone can search
news sites to see how prevalent they are.

No, you have not. You've provided a cite to statistics about *fires*, but nothing at all

about
*explosions*.

That's something that you made up, and it's complete bull****.

You flunked out of elementary school I see. **** off troll.

Ahh, I see: the facts are not on your side, so you resort to insults.

Doug Miller[_4_] December 19th 13 12:44 PM

KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

"Pete C." wrote in news:52b25134$0$47731$862e30e2
@ngroups.net:

wrote:

On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 15:43:10 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:

(Cindy Hamilton) wrote in news:O4nsu.341$wZ.31
@newsreading01.news.tds.net:

Clearly, I don't believe that gas presents a statistically significant
danger. We've had this exact discussion before, and neither
of us was convinced of the other's position.

You won't ever convince Pete of your position, because he's an anti-gas kook whose

mind is
already made up.

And he won't ever convince you, or anyone else, of his position because he doesn't

know
what he's talking about. There simply are not 4000+ residential gas explosions per

year in the
U.S. That's something that Pete made up.

I've provided cites to the statistics, and further anyone can search
news sites to see how prevalent they are.

You're lying again. You provided no such cites.

You have provided no cites, I have. Go back to your mother's basement
and jerk off troll.

No, you haven't. Not cites that back up your claim of 4000+ explosions, anyway.

Doug Miller[_4_] December 19th 13 12:45 PM

KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

Stormin Mormon wrote in :

On 12/18/2013 1:33 PM, Pete C. wrote:

Where does it say "explosions", Pete?

Nowhere.

It says "fires".

Clearly you lack the intelligence to understand the dynamics of gaseous
fueled fire incidents. Go back to high school science class.

You are rapidly losing credibility.

Sadly, no, he isn't. ;-)

Mike Hunt-Hertz December 19th 13 12:46 PM

KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

On 12/18/2013 11:11 PM, Irreverent Maximus wrote:

That is not good enough. Cars must be banned. Heck, everything from
fire onward should be banned. It all is a hazard and is not eco-
friendly. Even stone implements! Clubs! Beer! Boobs! Fornication!

+1

If it's for the children, sign me up.

Kurt Ullman December 19th 13 12:54 PM

KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

In article ,
"Pete C." wrote:

3,280 my recollection was close enough since the last time I looked it
up was in 2010.

Even giving you the rather substantial "rounding error", there is still
the thing about five years instead of only one. That in any situation
qualifies as pulling a stat out of your ass.
but what they conceal is vital."
-- Aaron Levenstein

Stormin Mormon[_10_] December 19th 13 01:58 PM

KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

Dang! I didn't know this would turn into the thread from hell but at
least it's got folks discussing the safety of natural gas in the home. ^_^

TDD

I'm surprised it's stayed on topic this long.

Anyone tried the BK "French fry burger"? I like it
plain, ketchup. For a buck, it's a good treat for me
between jobs.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Stormin Mormon[_10_] December 19th 13 01:59 PM

KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

On 12/18/2013 8:19 PM, Irreverent Maximus wrote:

None of which has the propensity to economically replace NG. Heat
pumps are okay for cooling. Not much so for heating unless you
are very lucky. Still cost $$.

Solar: Joke.

Wood: Really?

Oil: Cost versus NG?

Propensity? This thread is scintilating.

And, if those heat pump thingies were cheaper,
they would already be in use.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Stormin Mormon[_10_] December 19th 13 02:02 PM

KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

On 12/18/2013 10:26 PM, Irreverent Maximus wrote:
On 12/18/2013 9:23 PM, Irreverent Maximus wrote:

LOL! True enough. I did not even think of that angle. I hear that
there are places where they have, or are trying to, ban using barbeques.

More precisely, "Kingsford" type. Though, I imagine the will be after
propane, soon.

First they came for the 100 watt light bulbs. I didn't speak up, because
I was a CFL.

Then, they came for the charcoal grills, and I didn't speak up because I
was a LP grill.

Then they came for the 60 and 75 watt light bulbs, and I didn't speak up
because I was a 32 watt fluorescent tube.

Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak up.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Stormin Mormon[_10_] December 19th 13 02:03 PM

KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

On 12/18/2013 10:54 PM, Gustavus wrote:
If we lower the highway speed limits nationwide by 20 MPH, we'll save
lives.

And if we lower the speed limits another 20 MPH, we'll save even more
lives.

Heck, let's lower all speed limits to 15 MPH so virtually no one is ever
injured in a car.

Think of the children, aren't their precious little lives worth it?

All persons, including adults, need to wear helmets,
protective padding, and be in rear facing car seats
while going 15 MPH.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Stormin Mormon[_10_] December 19th 13 02:05 PM

KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

On 12/18/2013 11:32 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 21:46:09 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 12/18/2013 1:33 PM, Pete C. wrote:

Clearly you lack the intelligence to understand the dynamics of gaseous
fueled fire incidents. Go back to high school science class.

You are rapidly losing credibility.

Clarify and define "rapidly".

Cindy Hamilton[_3_] December 19th 13 02:24 PM

KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

In article ,
Pete C. wrote:

Or perhaps we do something intelligent like mandate gas detectors just
like we mandate smoke detectors? It's pretty sad that gas detectors have
been standard in the RV industry for years while they still aren't
required for residences using explosive fuels.

Do we mandate smoke detectors?

Oh, I see that Michigan does, as of 2007. Every "building, structure,
and residential dwelling" must have them.

Well, I'll get right on installing one in my shed. Not that
I could hear it from inside the house.

Cindy Hamilton

Stormin Mormon[_10_] December 19th 13 02:40 PM

On 12/19/2013 9:24 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
Do we mandate smoke detectors?

Oh, I see that Michigan does, as of 2007. Every "building, structure,
and residential dwelling" must have them.

Well, I'll get right on installing one in my shed. Not that
I could hear it from inside the house.

Cindy Hamilton

I think that would also include the doghouse.

Real story. A friend of mine had a knock at his
door, it was the police. He lives in a crime
section of a city, and the cop was there to tell
him that code enforcement required insulation
in his dog's doghouse.

Time might have been better spend casing drug
dealers, and gun runners.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

TimR[_2_] December 19th 13 03:25 PM

KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

That NFPA site is interesting, though hard to navigate.

I notice there are an average of 156,600 fires per year caused by cooking, with 400 fatalities.

If all of the gas leak fires involved explosions, that would still be only 3280 a year or 2% of the total.

Being scarey doesn't always equate to being the largest real risk.

[email protected] December 19th 13 04:45 PM

KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 23:09:14 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 12/18/2013 7:40 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 20:33:29 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

On 12/18/2013 7:38 AM, Doug Miller wrote:
"Pete C." wrote in
news:52b122a4$0$47940$862e30e2 @ngroups.net:

They used to market nat gas as "clean, safe, dependable", now it's
just "clean and dependable", do you think they dropped "safe" for
no reason?

More bull****. It's still marketed as safe:
http://www.citizensenergygroup.com/Energy.aspx

"safe and reliable ... clean-burning"

In Birmingham about 10 years ago a steam pipe from the steam plant
operated by Alabama Power ruptured and boiled a couple of people in
their parked car. The plant dates back to 1895 and Birmingham isn't
that old as most large cities go but there are very old pipes and wires
running under our streets that can fail at any time.

Basically, every source of energy we use is dangerous in some way or another

Some more so than others.

Certainly, and we've shown that gas is even safer than electricity.
It's cheaper, too. What's not to like?

You can't smell an electrical leak. ^_^

You can smell Pete C.

[email protected] December 19th 13 04:48 PM

KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 04:04:49 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 20:37:38 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

Larry W wrote:

In article ,
Pete C. wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote in
:

On 12/17/2013 11:24 PM, Pete C. wrote:

Have you looked at the actual stats? I believe NFPA has some good ones
showing 4,000+ residential gas explosions per year.

I'd sure like to see a URL. I did a search, including NFPA
web site, and can't find that stat.

You can't find something that isn't there....

Try again:

http://www.nfpa.org/~/media/files/re...sfactsheet.pdf

That NFPA site says the annual average for deaths due to combined natural
and LP gas accidents is 77, with an additional 287 injuries.
Contrast that with the Electrical Safety Foundation (just happened to
be the first credible site returned in a quick google search) which states
that home electrical distribution and lighting system fires are the
4th leading cause of home fires, causing about 50,900 each year,
averaging 490 deaths and 1,440 injuries.

http://www.esfi.org/index.cfm/page/F...tics/pid/12014

So maybe we really should ban electricity from homes since it is so
much more dangerous than gas...

Or perhaps we do something intelligent like mandate gas detectors just
like we mandate smoke detectors? It's pretty sad that gas detectors have
been standard in the RV industry for years while they still aren't
required for residences using explosive fuels.

Perhaps because there have been so damned few problems it's not
economically justified. Idiot.

And there it is folks...krw's version of the hat trick.

And there you have it. The idiot DerbyDad shows what a moron he is by
defending another moron. The lefty morons do flock together.

He finally got all three of his favorite words into the thread: liar, lefty
and idiot.

Only because it's true. I can't help it if you don't like others to
be called what they are. He is a lefty, liar, and an idiot. You two
share a lot of attributes.

It was only a matter of time.

....until someone pointed out the facts of the case, sure.

[email protected] December 19th 13 04:49 PM

KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 14:24:10 GMT, (Cindy Hamilton)
wrote:

In article ,
Pete C. wrote:

Or perhaps we do something intelligent like mandate gas detectors just
like we mandate smoke detectors? It's pretty sad that gas detectors have
been standard in the RV industry for years while they still aren't
required for residences using explosive fuels.

Do we mandate smoke detectors?

Oh, I see that Michigan does, as of 2007. Every "building, structure,
and residential dwelling" must have them.

As does Vermont. CO detectors, too.

[email protected] December 19th 13 04:56 PM

KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 23:41:17 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 12/18/2013 9:25 PM, Irreverent Maximus wrote:
On 12/18/2013 9:21 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 20:23:02 -0600, Irreverent Maximus
wrote:

Solar works only when their is adequate sun light. Getting a range to
work off of solar, or geothermal, = impossible

My stove top needs "gas".

Safe, efficient, and clean burring fuel :)

Isn't that clean anti-burring fuel? :-)

I wonder if gas puts a burr under his saddle? ^_^

As long as he has gas, no burr at all.

[email protected] December 19th 13 04:58 PM

KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 08:59:30 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 12/18/2013 8:19 PM, Irreverent Maximus wrote:

None of which has the propensity to economically replace NG. Heat
pumps are okay for cooling. Not much so for heating unless you
are very lucky. Still cost $$.

Solar: Joke.

Wood: Really?

Oil: Cost versus NG?

Propensity? This thread is scintilating.

And, if those heat pump thingies were cheaper,
they would already be in use.

Those heat pump thingies are already in use. They work so well that I
have two in each house. ;-)

Doug Miller[_4_] December 19th 13 05:15 PM

KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

TimR wrote in news:b8e575fd-70b5-4cbd-9021-
:

Being scarey doesn't always equate to being the largest real risk.

No, of course not. But we've been through this before. Pete C is a kook, with some sort of bias
against natural gas, that leads him to make up phony statistics. He does this every couple of
years, it seems. I don't think he ever answered my question about whether he's a personal-
injury lawyer. If you Google on "natural gas explosion statistics" you'll find law firms much more
easily than you'll find actual statistics.

So maybe that explains why Pete C is so eager to overstate the hazard?

The Daring Dufas[_8_] December 19th 13 05:41 PM

On 12/19/2013 8:40 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 12/19/2013 9:24 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
Do we mandate smoke detectors?

Oh, I see that Michigan does, as of 2007. Every "building,
structure, and residential dwelling" must have them.

Well, I'll get right on installing one in my shed. Not that I
could hear it from inside the house.

Cindy Hamilton

I think that would also include the doghouse.

Real story. A friend of mine had a knock at his door, it was the
police. He lives in a crime section of a city, and the cop was there
to tell him that code enforcement required insulation in his dog's
doghouse.

Time might have been better spend casing drug dealers, and gun
runners.

How did the cop know that there was no insulation in the dog house? o_O

TDD

Cindy Hamilton[_3_] December 19th 13 05:44 PM

wrote:
On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 14:24:10 GMT, (Cindy Hamilton)
wrote:

In article ,
Pete C. wrote:

Or perhaps we do something intelligent like mandate gas detectors just
like we mandate smoke detectors? It's pretty sad that gas detectors have
been standard in the RV industry for years while they still aren't
required for residences using explosive fuels.

Do we mandate smoke detectors?

Oh, I see that Michigan does, as of 2007. Every "building, structure,
and residential dwelling" must have them.

As does Vermont. CO detectors, too.

Michigan requires them only when a dwelling is built or renovated. We
have a CO detector, but under the law we're not required to. I'm surprised
they don't require them for sale, but we don't have to get a Certificate of
Occupancy to transfer deed, so there's really no way to enforce it.

Cindy Hamilton

Gordon Shumway December 19th 13 05:57 PM

KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 22:11:01 -0600, Irreverent Maximus
wrote:

That is not good enough. Cars must be banned. Heck, everything from
fire onward should be banned. It all is a hazard and is not eco-
friendly. Even stone implements! Clubs! Beer! Boobs! Fornication!

NO, NO, NO! Not the Boobs! Not the Beer! Not the Fornication! Forget
the last one... my wife took care of that years ago. Not the Boobs!

[email protected][_2_] December 19th 13 06:03 PM

KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 4:01:09 PM UTC-5, Daring Dufas : Hypocrite gay TeaBillie on welfare wrote:
On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 6:54:55 AM UTC-6, The Daring Dufas wrote:

At 2:30am the house shook like it would from a sonic boom and it turned

out to be a gas explosion in a neighborhood within a mile from me. It

destroyed a two story brick apartment building containing two families

and several children were sent to Childrens Hospital and several adults

to another hospital. The report is that two adults are unaccounted for.

The explosion leveled the building sending bricks into the air striking

other buildings and breaking a lot of windows. I think somebody was

messing with a gas line, trying to get a gas heater working then winding

up with a gas leak. o_O

TDD

Thank goodness unionized firemen,police and EMS showed up .. huh ?

We know no republicans would risk their life doing that work, but they

certainly expect those workers to.

What an ass. In lots of places, the firemen and EMS are volunteeers,
not union members. Right here in my town in NJ, they are volunteers.
And nobody asks your party affiliation when you join a union or the
armed forces.

Gordon Shumway December 19th 13 06:04 PM

KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 08:58:34 -0500, Stormin Mormon

Dang! I didn't know this would turn into the thread from hell but at
least it's got folks discussing the safety of natural gas in the home. ^_^

TDD

I'm surprised it's stayed on topic this long.

Anyone tried the BK "French fry burger"? I like it
plain, ketchup. For a buck, it's a good treat for me
between jobs.

Nice try to hijack this thread but... they use GAS to cook the
burgers. So there! Neener, neener, neener!

micky December 19th 13 08:34 PM

KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 15:04:12 -0600, dpb wrote:

On 12/17/2013 8:52 AM, dpb wrote:
On 12/17/2013 8:41 AM, Pete C. wrote: ...

... Gas simply isn't safe for residential use, ...

Nonsense. It does require a certain level of care, however, but so
does electricity and any other energy source. Consider the number of
residences and miles of pipeline that _didn't_ "go boom".

All of the incidents you describe were the result of an error of
commission or omission -- lack of maintenance is certainly a problem
that needs addressing on older lines, that is true.

5 children and 3 adults have been injured and are hospitalized. 1 woman
was found dead in the rubble. I feel for the poor folks especially the
children. I don't like it when children are hurt. o_O

Bad things sometimes happen to good (or at least innocent in the present
circumstances) people....then again a 13 yo died (or is braindead altho
still on ventilator last I heard) after a "routine" tonsillectomy in LA
area just the other day.

While unfortunate, do we now not do any more tonsillectomies?

Well I'm certainly not having another one.

micky December 19th 13 08:44 PM

KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 08:37:26 -0500, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
Doug Miller wrote:

4,000 per year = about 1per 80,000 population per year in the U.S. -- which
would translate to
about 20 gas explosions per year in metropolitan Indianapolis where I live,
or roughly one
every two and a half weeks.

That doesn't happen, Pete.

Great conspiracy that covers this up....

It's the Illuminati who cover it up. That's how they got started.
They're in favor of gas, no matter what the risk, because.....get
this..... it illuminates.

Since their start, they've taken over the whole government of the US
and many other countries, primarily to cover up gas explosions.

bob haller December 19th 13 09:56 PM

KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

50,000 peopledieyearly in traffic accidents, let alone all that get injured.

yet cars are not prohibited

Stormin Mormon[_10_] December 19th 13 10:45 PM

KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home

I think that would also include the doghouse.

Real story. A friend of mine had a knock at his door, it was the
police. He lives in a crime section of a city, and the cop was there
to tell him that code enforcement required insulation in his dog's
doghouse.

Time might have been better spend casing drug dealers, and gun
runners.

How did the cop know that there was no insulation in the dog house? o_O

TDD

Didn't occur to me to ask. Now, that would be a good
thing to know.
--
..
Christopher A. Young