DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   (OT) Duck Dynasty Overload (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/365201-ot-duck-dynasty-overload.html)

[email protected] December 13th 13 09:50 AM

(OT) Duck Dynasty Overload

Has anyone been in a Walmart lately? I swear, there are Duck Dynasty
items in every aisle in the whole store. From hunting gear with their
picture in the sports dept, towels, bed sheets, toys, posters, lamps,
etc........ WTF Does Walmart own their show? Personally I think the
show sucks!

IGot2P December 13th 13 07:40 PM

(OT) Duck Dynasty Overload

On 12/13/2013 3:50 AM, wrote:

Has anyone been in a Walmart lately? I swear, there are Duck Dynasty
items in every aisle in the whole store. From hunting gear with their
picture in the sports dept, towels, bed sheets, toys, posters, lamps,
etc........ WTF Does Walmart own their show? Personally I think the
show sucks!

Although I have never seen the show I can assure you that the same is
true in almost all stores.

Oren[_2_] December 13th 13 09:17 PM

(OT) Duck Dynasty Overload

On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 03:50:00 -0600, wrote:

Has anyone been in a Walmart lately? I swear, there are Duck Dynasty
items in every aisle in the whole store. From hunting gear with their
picture in the sports dept, towels, bed sheets, toys, posters, lamps,
etc........ WTF Does Walmart own their show? Personally I think the
show sucks!

So don't watch the show and certainly do not shop at Walmart. Both
are the essence of Capitalism. Something you hate about America, Home
Guy.

Red Green December 14th 13 12:57 AM

(OT) Duck Dynasty Overload

wrote in news:7olla9p6vfkf6l9bshfg98s1nl744pq0sv@
4ax.com:

Has anyone been in a Walmart lately? I swear, there are Duck Dynasty
items in every aisle in the whole store. From hunting gear with their
picture in the sports dept, towels, bed sheets, toys, posters, lamps,
etc........ WTF Does Walmart own their show? Personally I think the
show sucks!

People are the reason. If they want to buy retarded ****, some junk store
will sell it to make a dollar.

People see a show and want to be like it.

I never saw the show. I've seen pics and ads of the characters on the show.
After that, I have absolutely no interest in even trying it.

I've never seen the highly acclaimed Forrest Gump. I recall after it came
out there were a bunch of people running around talking like Special Ed.
Apparently they appreciated each other. Guess I never saw it because I was
afraid of becomming assimilated.

notbob December 14th 13 03:51 AM

(OT) Duck Dynasty Overload

On 2013-12-14, Red Green wrote:

Apparently they appreciated each other. Guess I never saw it because I was
afraid of becomming assimilated.

And so you should. OTOH, identifying with a DIY'fus and a wannbe
idjit is not a healthy thing to aspire to. ;)

BTW, bought some Tough(TM) 3M duct tape, today. Hope it works.

nb

[email protected] December 14th 13 05:21 PM

(OT) Duck Dynasty Overload

On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 03:50:00 -0600, wrote:

Has anyone been in a Walmart lately? I swear, there are Duck Dynasty
items in every aisle in the whole store. From hunting gear with their
picture in the sports dept, towels, bed sheets, toys, posters, lamps,
etc........ WTF Does Walmart own their show? Personally I think the
show sucks!

No, it's not just WallyWorld. DD is "in". So what?

Red Green December 14th 13 08:17 PM

(OT) Duck Dynasty Overload

notbob wrote in
:

On 2013-12-14, Red Green wrote:

Apparently they appreciated each other. Guess I never saw it because
I was afraid of becomming assimilated.

And so you should. OTOH, identifying with a DIY'fus and a wannbe
idjit is not a healthy thing to aspire to. ;)

BTW, bought some Tough(TM) 3M duct tape, today. Hope it works.

"Hope"?

Ughhhh! A doubter.

nb

Wes Groleau[_2_] December 14th 13 09:47 PM

(OT) Duck Dynasty Overload

On 12-14-2013, 12:21, wrote:
No, it's not just WallyWorld. DD is "in". So what?

And apparently having a beard means I "look like Uncle Sigh"

--
Wes Groleau

Guidelines for judging others:
1. Don't attribute to malice that which
can be adequately explained by stupidity.
2. Don't attribute to stupidity that which
can be adequately explained by ignorance.
3. Don't attribute to ignorance that which
can be adequately explained by misunderstanding.
4. Don't attribute to misunderstanding that which
can be adequately explained by alcohol.

[email protected] December 14th 13 10:38 PM

(OT) Duck Dynasty Overload

On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 16:47:52 -0500, Wes Groleau
wrote:

On 12-14-2013, 12:21, wrote:
No, it's not just WallyWorld. DD is "in". So what?

And apparently having a beard means I "look like Uncle Sigh"

Yeah, a long scraggly beard means you're one of the "in" crowd, I
guess. beard, but kept trimmed and fairly short

Oren[_2_] December 14th 13 10:58 PM

(OT) Duck Dynasty Overload

On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 20:17:04 +0000 (UTC), Red Green
wrote:

notbob wrote in
:

On 2013-12-14, Red Green wrote:

Apparently they appreciated each other. Guess I never saw it because
I was afraid of becomming assimilated.

And so you should. OTOH, identifying with a DIY'fus and a wannbe
idjit is not a healthy thing to aspire to. ;)

BTW, bought some Tough(TM) 3M duct tape, today. Hope it works.

"Hope"?

Ughhhh! A doubter.

duct tape clothing pictures

http://cdn3.nwgimg.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/66704_479617055413963_49437271_n.jpg

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/clothes-duct-tape-2.jpg?w=500&h=474

http://www.dusd.net/west/files/2013/02/ASPIRE-West-Duct-Tape-Fashion-Show-2013-100-e1359694269195.jpg

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Duct-Tape-Fashion-teen-fashion-130021_300_300.jpg

Wes Groleau[_2_] December 14th 13 11:47 PM

(OT) Duck Dynasty Overload

On 12-14-2013, 17:38, wrote:
On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 16:47:52 -0500, Wes Groleau
wrote:

On 12-14-2013, 12:21,
wrote:
No, it's not just WallyWorld. DD is "in". So what?

And apparently having a beard means I "look like Uncle Sigh"

Yeah, a long scraggly beard means you're one of the "in" crowd, I
guess. beard, but kept trimmed and fairly short

Can I be one of the "in-crowd" when I haven't seen the show yet?

If so, I guess I'm so far in that I'm out. I quit shaving 42 months
ago, and the only trimming I do is the wild hairs that I see in my
peripheral vision.

Caught an Amish guy staring at me in the grocery store the other day. :-)

--
Wes Groleau

€œGrant me the serenity to accept those I cannot change;
the courage to change the one I can;
and the wisdom to know it's me.€
€” unknown

Oren[_2_] December 14th 13 11:51 PM

(OT) Duck Dynasty Overload

On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 17:38:52 -0500, wrote:

Yeah, a long scraggly beard means you're one of the "in" crowd, I
guess. beard, but kept trimmed and fairly short

With an allergy, wash the pollen from the beard. Same with dried red
gravy, after pasta and garlic bread :)

[email protected] December 15th 13 12:04 AM

(OT) Duck Dynasty Overload

On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 18:47:21 -0500, Wes Groleau
wrote:

On 12-14-2013, 17:38, wrote:
On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 16:47:52 -0500, Wes Groleau
wrote:

On 12-14-2013, 12:21,
wrote:
No, it's not just WallyWorld. DD is "in". So what?

And apparently having a beard means I "look like Uncle Sigh"

Yeah, a long scraggly beard means you're one of the "in" crowd, I
guess. beard, but kept trimmed and fairly short

Can I be one of the "in-crowd" when I haven't seen the show yet?

If a beard grows in the forest...

If so, I guess I'm so far in that I'm out. I quit shaving 42 months
ago, and the only trimming I do is the wild hairs that I see in my
peripheral vision.

Another ten years...

Caught an Amish guy staring at me in the grocery store the other day. :-)

Too funny!

The Daring Dufas[_8_] December 15th 13 12:17 AM

(OT) Duck Dynasty Overload

On 12/14/2013 5:51 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 17:38:52 -0500, wrote:

Yeah, a long scraggly beard means you're one of the "in" crowd, I
guess. beard, but kept trimmed and fairly short

With an allergy, wash the pollen from the beard. Same with dried red
gravy, after pasta and garlic bread :)

Heck, I'm starting to look like Grizzly Adams and need to trim my beard. ^_^

TDD

Red Green December 15th 13 12:17 AM

(OT) Duck Dynasty Overload

Oren wrote in
:

On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 20:17:04 +0000 (UTC), Red Green
wrote:

notbob wrote in
:

On 2013-12-14, Red Green wrote:

Apparently they appreciated each other. Guess I never saw it
because I was afraid of becomming assimilated.

And so you should. OTOH, identifying with a DIY'fus and a wannbe
idjit is not a healthy thing to aspire to. ;)

BTW, bought some Tough(TM) 3M duct tape, today. Hope it works.

"Hope"?

Ughhhh! A doubter.

duct tape clothing pictures

http://cdn3.nwgimg.com/wp-content/up...47961705541396
3_49437271_n.jpg

Girl? BS! That's Stormy.

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...-tape-2.jpg?w=
500&h=474

http://www.dusd.net/west/files/2013/...Tape-Fashion-S
how-2013-100-e1359694269195.jpg

http://images.fanpop.com/images/imag...Fashion-teen-f
ashion-130021_300_300.jpg

Wes Groleau[_2_] December 15th 13 12:19 AM

(OT) Duck Dynasty Overload

On 12-14-2013, 18:45, Oren wrote:
Post a photo of your gray beard.

http://tinyurl.com/kdrc6eo

--
Wes Groleau

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, and cut with an axe.

Red Green December 15th 13 12:19 AM

(OT) Duck Dynasty Overload

Wes Groleau wrote in :

On 12-14-2013, 17:38, wrote:
On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 16:47:52 -0500, Wes Groleau
wrote:

On 12-14-2013, 12:21,
wrote:
No, it's not just WallyWorld. DD is "in". So what?

And apparently having a beard means I "look like Uncle Sigh"

Yeah, a long scraggly beard means you're one of the "in" crowd, I
guess. beard, but kept trimmed and fairly short

Can I be one of the "in-crowd" when I haven't seen the show yet?

If so, I guess I'm so far in that I'm out. I quit shaving 42 months
ago, and the only trimming I do is the wild hairs that I see in my
peripheral vision.

Caught an Amish guy staring at me in the grocery store the other day.
:-)

Are you sure he wasn't hitting on you?

The Daring Dufas[_8_] December 15th 13 12:22 AM

(OT) Duck Dynasty Overload

On 12/14/2013 6:19 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:
On 12-14-2013, 18:45, Oren wrote:
Post a photo of your gray beard.

http://tinyurl.com/kdrc6eo

That looks like me except I have more hair on my head. ^_^

TDD

Wes Groleau[_2_] December 15th 13 12:37 AM

(OT) Duck Dynasty Overload

On 12-14-2013, 19:19, Red Green wrote:
Wes Groleau wrote in :
Caught an Amish guy staring at me in the grocery store the other day.

Are you sure he wasn't hitting on you?

If he was, the woman with him didn't seem to notice.

--
Wes Groleau

It seems a pity that psychology should have
destroyed all our knowledge of human nature.
€” G. K. Chesterton

Wes Groleau[_2_] December 15th 13 12:40 AM

(OT) Duck Dynasty Overload

On 12-14-2013, 18:45, Oren wrote:
Post a photo of your gray beard.

http://tinyurl.com/kdrc6eo

That looks like me except I have more hair on my head. ^_^

That's where it used to be,
but the tape wore out
and gravity took over.

http://tinyurl.com/kog86fr

--
Wes Groleau

Expert, n.:
Someone who comes from out of town and shows slides.

Frank[_17_] December 15th 13 12:43 AM

(OT) Duck Dynasty Overload

On 12/13/2013 4:17 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 03:50:00 -0600, wrote:

Has anyone been in a Walmart lately? I swear, there are Duck Dynasty
items in every aisle in the whole store. From hunting gear with their
picture in the sports dept, towels, bed sheets, toys, posters, lamps,
etc........ WTF Does Walmart own their show? Personally I think the
show sucks!

So don't watch the show and certainly do not shop at Walmart. Both
are the essence of Capitalism. Something you hate about America, Home
Guy.

Maybe he's jealous cause his favorite show, Honey Boo Boo, is not prominent.

Oren[_2_] December 15th 13 12:44 AM

(OT) Duck Dynasty Overload

On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 19:19:24 -0500, Wes Groleau
wrote:

On 12-14-2013, 18:45, Oren wrote:
Post a photo of your gray beard.

http://tinyurl.com/kdrc6eo

Dang. If a fly landed on the scalp, it might slide right off :

Oren[_2_] December 15th 13 01:04 AM

(OT) Duck Dynasty Overload

On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 18:17:28 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 12/14/2013 5:51 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 17:38:52 -0500, wrote:

Yeah, a long scraggly beard means you're one of the "in" crowd, I
guess. beard, but kept trimmed and fairly short

With an allergy, wash the pollen from the beard. Same with dried red
gravy, after pasta and garlic bread :)

Heck, I'm starting to look like Grizzly Adams and need to trim my beard. ^_^

TDD

I've been known to smell like Sasquatch. Not always but it happens in
the swamps.

--
"There's nothing like the scent of Cordite in a woman's hair."

Irreverent Maximus December 15th 13 01:18 AM

(OT) Duck Dynasty Overload

"Wes Groleau" wrote in message ...

Are you sure he wasn't hitting on you?

If he was, the woman with him didn't seem to notice.

How long was her beard?

Oren[_2_] December 15th 13 01:30 AM

(OT) Duck Dynasty Overload

On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 19:04:49 -0500, wrote:

With an allergy, wash the pollen from the beard. Same with dried red
gravy, after pasta and garlic bread :)

Bedtime snack.

That's why the hound dog is always sniffing around?

....get off my beard, dog!

The Daring Dufas[_8_] December 15th 13 05:18 AM

(OT) Duck Dynasty Overload

On 12-14-2013, 18:45, Oren wrote:
Post a photo of your gray beard.

http://tinyurl.com/kdrc6eo

That looks like me except I have more hair on my head. ^_^

That's where it used to be, but the tape wore out and gravity took
over.

http://tinyurl.com/kog86fr

Have you tried Superglue? o_O

TDD

Wes Groleau[_2_] December 15th 13 05:19 AM

(OT) Duck Dynasty Overload

wrote:

On 12-14-2013, 18:45, Oren wrote:
Post a photo of your gray beard.

http://tinyurl.com/kdrc6eo

Dang. If a fly landed on the scalp, it might slide right off :

http://tinyurl.com/kog86fr

--
Wes Groleau

€œIsn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read
and then attack what it didn't say?€

The Daring Dufas[_8_] December 15th 13 05:20 AM

(OT) Duck Dynasty Overload

wrote:

On 12-14-2013, 18:45, Oren wrote:
Post a photo of your gray beard.

http://tinyurl.com/kdrc6eo

Dang. If a fly landed on the scalp, it might slide right off :

If he got lost in the wilderness, he wouldn't need a signal mirror to
attract the attention of search aircraft. ^_^

TDD

Red Green December 15th 13 01:58 PM

(OT) Duck Dynasty Overload

"Irreverent Maximus" wrote in
:

"Wes Groleau" wrote in message

Are you sure he wasn't hitting on you?

If he was, the woman with him didn't seem to notice.

How long was her beard?

Excellent investigative question.