Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why are there no lights in living rooms?

On 12/09/2013 03:23 PM, willshak wrote:

The lights are barely used.
They just don't have the ambiance of table lamps.

Ambiance? I'd rather have light (-:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 16:27:34 -0600, sam E
wrote:

On 12/09/2013 03:23 PM, willshak wrote:

The lights are barely used.
They just don't have the ambiance of table lamps.

Ambiance? I'd rather have light (-:

There you go..... I feel the same way. My living room is a place to
relax and watch tv, during which times a table lamp may be preferred,
but it's also a place I use to work on projects, do paperwork, and a lot
of other things. If the room had a ceiling light (which I wish it did),
I'd use it when I wanted it, and turn it off when not desired. Plus, in
my case, the LR is the room where the entry door is. When I walk into
the house with a bunch of groceries or other stuff in my hands, I want
to be able to flip a switch and see instantly.

More is not always "the best", but in this case, MORE LIGHT and more
lighting options, are best & preferred. Give me a ceiling light AND
some lamps, and I'm happy.