Posted to alt.home.repair

Default please help

While back I wrote you about fence problem here. My house on left this
picture.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=25t7...5#.UnRL-eWayiA

It now almost winter, and fence still not fixed by neighbor workers. Worker
now in basement fixing sewer problem in basement neighbor. My house on
right this picture. Dirt pile still here.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=25g9...5#.UnRME-WayiA

I smell bad smell coming from neighbor basement, like outhouse. Workers
use basement floor for bathroom. I call county, they not come.

Who to call?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/1/2013 9:00 PM, leza wang wrote:
While back I wrote you about fence problem here. My house on left this
picture.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=25t7...5#.UnRL-eWayiA

It now almost winter, and fence still not fixed by neighbor workers. Worker
now in basement fixing sewer problem in basement neighbor. My house on
right this picture. Dirt pile still here.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=25g9...5#.UnRME-WayiA

I smell bad smell coming from neighbor basement, like outhouse. Workers
use basement floor for bathroom. I call county, they not come.

Who to call?

Health department for starters
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, November 1, 2013 8:00:14 PM UTC-5, leza wang wrote:
While back I wrote you about fence problem here. My house on left this picture. http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=25t7...5#.UnRL-eWayiA It now almost winter, and fence still not fixed by neighbor workers. Worker now in basement fixing sewer problem in basement neighbor. My house on right this picture. Dirt pile still here. http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=25g9...5#.UnRME-WayiA I smell bad smell coming from neighbor basement, like outhouse. Workers use basement floor for bathroom. I call county, they not come. Who to call?

City health dept, city building dept. Personally, as a guy, I would take a shovel and just throw all the dirt back onto their property, as sloppily as possible, to make a big mess for them.

But, first take a lot of pictures showing the dirt pile on your property, and save a file with all of your posts to this group in case there is any question about what happened.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 1 Nov 2013 20:29:43 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

But, first take a lot of pictures showing the dirt pile on your property, a=
nd save a file with all of your posts to this group in case there is any qu=
estion about what happened.

Definitely to that, because people forget the details of what happened
and notes made at the time help them to remember.

And because they are contemporaneous notes made at the time things
happened, which can be good evidence in court or even in front of the
health inspector or the police. As opposed to notes people write up
all at once the night before the hearing.

Print out your posts,
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

But, first take a lot of pictures showing the dirt pile on your property, a=

nd save a file with all of your posts to this group in case there is any qu=

estion about what happened.

Definitely to that, because people forget the details of what happened

and notes made at the time help them to remember.

And because they are contemporaneous notes made at the time things

happened, which can be good evidence in court or even in front of the

health inspector or the police. As opposed to notes people write up

all at once the night before the hearing.

Print out your posts,

I can only say I told you so. You folks remember how
this started a couple months ago? The neighbor asked
if he could pile dirt on Leza's property while making
repairs, instead of moving it a little way and keeping
it on his own property. She said no. Within days the
dirt pile was not only on her property anyway, it was
actually even piled up against the side of her house.

There were several people here that basically told
Leza to kiss his ass, be nice, not do anything, let
it go, because you don't want to have bad neighbors.
I said she already had a bad neighbor, because a skunk
is a skunk, and it's likely to only get worse if you
let them walk all over you. And here we are a couple
months later, the dirt pile is still there, and the
situation has only gotten worse.

As for what to do now, Leza says she called the county,
but who at the county? As others have suggested, I'd
call the health dept about the stench and the building/code
enforcement officials about the stench, work going on.
Tell them they've been working on the foundation, excavating
from the basement and piling the dirt on her property,
apparenlty doing sewer work, stench is coming out, and
ask if they have PERMITS.

I have doubts the workers are actually creating that
kind of stench by using the basement they are working on
as a bathroom. Seems really dumb. I would think it
more likely it's from the sewer piping they are working on.

Also unknown is what interraction Leza has had with them
since last time. I believe she confronted the contractor
who had piled the dirt on her yard and he told her it would
be there only a few days. Did she talk to the neighbor
about that or any contact since? Are the neighbors living
there while this stench is going on?

For the dirt pile, I'd send them a letter saying they
have a week to remove it and put everything back
the way it was. Send the letter both regular mail and
certified or whatever they call it up in Canada where
the recipient has to sign for it. Then if it's not gone
in a week, hire someone to remove it. Send the neighbor
the bill. If they don't pay, hopefully they have small
claims court up there.

I don't know if we ever found out the answer as to
who own's the fence they tore up? It wasn't in great
shape, but it needs to be fixed/replaced and I'd want
to be prepared by knowing exactly where the property
line is, etc because I can see that coming next.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I had a similar problem years ago.

my downspout underground lines clogged, so I started digging them by hand, and also decided to fill in a low spot in the back yard. it would create a mini lake under heavy rain, and i wanted to put a shed there.

well the neighbor directly behind me, complained about the odor of the sewer crud being dumped in the low spot at the property line...

i was using some of the low quality dirt I had delivered to backfill some of the underground line area, and some of the great quality topsoil that would eventually be covered by my shed as a topping for the underground line area, so it would grow grass well.

I had purchased what was supposed to be topsoil, but that was not what they delivered;(

I got really mad since all i was attempting to do was improve things.

I tried explaing all this to my neighbor who ranted about the stench, which had no odor at all.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 1 Nov 2013 21:00:14 -0400, "leza wang" wrote:

While back I wrote you about fence problem here. My house on left this
picture.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=25t7...5#.UnRL-eWayiA

It now almost winter, and fence still not fixed by neighbor workers. Worker
now in basement fixing sewer problem in basement neighbor. My house on
right this picture. Dirt pile still here.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=25g9...5#.UnRME-WayiA

I smell bad smell coming from neighbor basement, like outhouse. Workers
use basement floor for bathroom. I call county, they not come.

Who to call?

Visit the web page of your local television station(s). See if they
have a section related to consumers; which receive complaints about
community affairs. Usually staffed by volunteers and the local
reporter picks it up from there. They do get results when the press
shows up.

Include everything you've written here in the past and include more
photographs. Keep a chronological log; dates, times, who, what, when,
where and witnesses.

.... the guy is taking advantage of you and YOU need to put a STOP to
it yesterday...
Posted to alt.home.repair

leza,

Sorry that your neighbor is turning out to be such a problem. Time to get
your ducks in a row and think about legal action. Since you live in Canada,
I can't give you specific advice. The general advice so far is pretty good.
Look at your Province's court web-site.
I looked at the Alberta site. It's well organized and will get you
underway.Small claims has a $100 filing fee. You'll also need to serve the
defendant, about $50.
I think you call Animal and Bylaw Services in your City to complain about
the construction mess and the smell.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 3 Nov 2013 12:42:16 -0500, "David L. Martel"
wrote:

I think you call Animal and Bylaw Services in your City to complain about
the construction mess and the smell.

What did I miss in this thread and what do animals have to do with it?

If I hit a man in the head with a shovel, I'd just simply call the
coroner to come and collect his body.

"Get Off My Lawn"
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, November 1, 2013 9:00:14 PM UTC-4, leza wang wrote:
While back I wrote you about fence problem here. My house on left this

picture.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=25t7...5#.UnRL-eWayiA

It now almost winter, and fence still not fixed by neighbor workers. Worker

now in basement fixing sewer problem in basement neighbor. My house on

right this picture. Dirt pile still here.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=25g9...5#.UnRME-WayiA

I smell bad smell coming from neighbor basement, like outhouse. Workers

use basement floor for bathroom. I call county, they not come.

Who to call?

US government is useless. You need a militia to kill them all. WE need a violent overthrow of the christian jew cop government. Americans are freedom hating bags of ****.

Posted to alt.home.repair

David L. Martel wrote:
leza,

Sorry that your neighbor is turning out to be such a problem. Time to get
your ducks in a row and think about legal action. Since you live in Canada,
I can't give you specific advice. The general advice so far is pretty good.
Look at your Province's court web-site.
I looked at the Alberta site. It's well organized and will get you
underway.Small claims has a $100 filing fee. You'll also need to serve the
defendant, about $50.
I think you call Animal and Bylaw Services in your City to complain about
the construction mess and the smell.

Dave M.

Hmmm,
Is (s)he trolling by any chance?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I think you call Animal and Bylaw Services in your City to complain about
the construction mess and the smell.

What did I miss in this thread and what do animals have to do with it?

If I hit a man in the head with a shovel, I'd just simply call the
coroner to come and collect his body.

Isn't that a murder? Coroner collects dead body but police will collect
you at least for an investigation, No?

"Get Off My Lawn"

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I think you call Animal and Bylaw Services in your City to complain about
the construction mess and the smell.

What did I miss in this thread and what do animals have to do with it?

If I hit a man in the head with a shovel, I'd just simply call the
coroner to come and collect his body.

Isn't that a murder? Coroner collects dead body but police will collect
you at least for an investigation, No?

"Get Off My Lawn"

Justified homicide, no murder. I plead the 5th and get a government
lawyer and make bail. Investigations do come out biased :-\

Throw dirt in my yard, leave it there for a month, when I TOLD you not
to do it. Pick your poison.

Point being, Leza is being taken advantage of. She should not follow
my shovel solution.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren,

I've no idea why Animal and Bylaw Services handles such matters but the
Health Dept (recommended by a few posters) is not the right dept.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11-03-2013, 16:49, David L. Martel wrote:
I've no idea why Animal and Bylaw Services handles such matters but the
Health Dept (recommended by a few posters) is not the right dept.

When the neighbor's actions forced sewage into her basement, the Health
Department sounds good to me.

--
Wes Groleau

Even if you do learn to speak correct English,
whom are you going to speak it to?
€” Clarence Darrow

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 16:54:14 -0500, Wes Groleau
wrote:

On 11-03-2013, 16:49, David L. Martel wrote:
I've no idea why Animal and Bylaw Services handles such matters but the
Health Dept (recommended by a few posters) is not the right dept.

When the neighbor's actions forced sewage into her basement, the Health
Department sounds good to me.

Slow down fellers. This is about dirt in her yard, against her home,
not approved by her - you get the notion... SHE told the azzhats not
to do it in the first conversion she had. Dang!

Leza has not said sewer: " forced sewage into her basement"...

At least I never recall her saying that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, November 1, 2013 8:00:14 PM UTC-5, leza wang wrote:
While back I wrote you about fence problem here. My house on left this picture. http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=25t7...5#.UnRL-eWayiA It now almost winter, and fence still not fixed by neighbor workers. Worker now in basement fixing sewer problem in basement neighbor. My house on right this picture. Dirt pile still here. http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=25g9...5#.UnRME-WayiA I smell bad smell coming from neighbor basement, like outhouse. Workers use basement floor for bathroom. I call county, they not come. Who to call?

She said neighbors basement has sewer problems and they are working on it, but have not done anything about their dirt in her yard.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 11-03-2013, 16:49, David L. Martel wrote:
I've no idea why Animal and Bylaw Services handles such matters but the
Health Dept (recommended by a few posters) is not the right dept.

When the neighbor's actions forced sewage into her basement, the Health
Department sounds good to me.

Slow down fellers. This is about dirt in her yard, against her home,
not approved by her - you get the notion... SHE told the azzhats not
to do it in the first conversion she had. Dang!

Leza has not said sewer: " forced sewage into her basement"...

At least I never recall her saying that.

Those weren't the words, but it was the conclusion based pmn her
description. Not sure what the connection is with the dirt piles,
but she seemed to believe it was the same neighbor's doing.

--
Wes Groleau

From the cowardice that shrinks from new truth,
From the laziness that is content with half-truths,
From the arrogance that thinks it knows all truth,
O God of Truth, deliver us.
--Leslie Dixon Weatherhead
--Rabbi Mordechai M. Kaplan
--ancient prayer
--unknown
--(no attempt at attribution)
(a thousand thanks to someone who can tell me who
really wrote it AND persuade me they're not making it up!)

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 11-03-2013, 16:49, David L. Martel wrote:

I've no idea why Animal and Bylaw Services handles such matters but the

Health Dept (recommended by a few posters) is not the right dept.

When the neighbor's actions forced sewage into her basement, the Health

Department sounds good to me.

Slow down fellers. This is about dirt in her yard, against her home,

not approved by her - you get the notion... SHE told the azzhats not

to do it in the first conversion she had. Dang!

Leza has not said sewer: " forced sewage into her basement"...

At least I never recall her saying that.

Those weren't the words, but it was the conclusion based pmn her

description. Not sure what the connection is with the dirt piles,

but she seemed to believe it was the same neighbor's doing.

--

Wes Groleau

This was her despription of the problem:

"It now almost winter, and fence still not fixed by neighbor workers. Worker
now in basement fixing sewer problem in basement neighbor. My house on
right this picture. Dirt pile still here.

I smell bad smell coming from neighbor basement, like outhouse. Workers
use basement floor for bathroom. I call county, they not come. "

How could you conclude from the above that the neighbor
forced sewage to backup in her basement? Nothing there even
remotely close to that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Wes,

She lives in Canada. The Health Dept.up there is currently giving out flu
shots. She has a problem with a smell which she believes comes from her
neihbor's property. Getting a flu shot won't fix this. The Bylaw folks will
investigate this violation of the Bylaws.

Dave M.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11-04-2013, 07:56, David L. Martel wrote:
She lives in Canada. The Health Dept.up there is currently giving out flu
shots. She has a problem with a smell which she believes comes from her
neihbor's property. Getting a flu shot won't fix this. The Bylaw folks will
investigate this violation of the Bylaws.

I hate to be forced into saying good things about _our_ health
department, but they _can_ do two things at a time.

Of course, with it not actually in _her_ basement, ....

--
Wes Groleau

What kind of smiley is C:\ ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 04 Nov 2013 00:51:00 -0500, Wes Groleau
wrote:

Those weren't the words, but it was the conclusion based pmn her
description. Not sure what the connection is with the dirt piles,
but she seemed to believe it was the same neighbor's doing.

Both the dirt and the smell have to do with the neighbor's
hornswoggle.

Leza has worked on her home for many threads here.

Some of her videos:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeRN81GOeszeCwC92iF-f4g?feature=watch

....the beat goes on
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 04 Nov 2013 14:19:40 -0500, Wes Groleau
wrote:

Yeah, I guess it's easy if you're too lazy to
read the original post, even after someone tried
to point out that what you claimed, she never said.
Even now, you could just say, ooops, made a mistake
instead of trying to justify it.

Radio check, come in Wes. Are you there? Last transmission was not
heard. G

You forgot to write something...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11-04-2013, 14:44, Oren wrote:
wrote:

Yeah, I guess it's easy if you're too lazy to
read the original post, even after someone tried
to point out that what you claimed, she never said.
Even now, you could just say, ooops, made a mistake
instead of trying to justify it.

Radio check, come in Wes. Are you there? Last transmission was not
heard. G

You forgot to write something...

Had a really witty comment about him getting an answer to his question
of how I could have made that mistake and then griping that it was a
"justification"

But I forgot what it was, then accidentally clicked send (there's
less than a quarter inch between the close widget and the send button).

--
Wes Groleau

What kind of smiley is C:\ ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 04 Nov 2013 19:40:22 -0500, Wes Groleau
wrote:

On 11-04-2013, 14:44, Oren wrote:
wrote:

Yeah, I guess it's easy if you're too lazy to
read the original post, even after someone tried
to point out that what you claimed, she never said.
Even now, you could just say, ooops, made a mistake
instead of trying to justify it.

Radio check, come in Wes. Are you there? Last transmission was not
heard. G

You forgot to write something...

Had a really witty comment about him getting an answer to his question
of how I could have made that mistake and then griping that it was a
"justification"

But I forgot what it was, then accidentally clicked send (there's
less than a quarter inch between the close widget and the send button).

I hate when that happens